**Official Kendrick Lamar Thread 4th Studio Album ''DAMN.''Out Now**

Vids from last night below. Show was dope. Crowd chanting "We Gon/ Be Alright" for about 3 mins before Kendrick came back to perform Alright was amazing!

Last edited:
Can't wait for the Cleveland show tomorrow. Anyone get a VIP package? I still don't know where I pick up all the stuff included in the package.

Can't wait for the Cleveland show tomorrow. Anyone get a VIP package? I still don't know where I pick up all the stuff included in the package.

I got one. For LA show.
I'm guessing the VIP Will Call is where we pick up the tickets. We get our stuff when inside. It says we will have time to leave and put stuff in our cars.

How many of these VIP tickets were sold? I want to make sure I have a good spot near the front. So i have to plan to get there early.

I got one. For LA show.
I'm guessing the VIP Will Call is where we pick up the tickets. We get our stuff when inside. It says we will have time to leave and put stuff in our cars.

How many of these VIP tickets were sold? I want to make sure I have a good spot near the front. So i have to plan to get there early.

VIP includes early entry too... But no idea how many were sold.

Damn, Complex is a joke, just saw a link from them on my newsfeed "People can stop pretending like they enjoy TPAB now"

Yet they call Drake a legend... SMH

Last edited:
The end of the show when he did "Alright" was AMAZING.

From him walking off stage, a few people thought it was over, I'm like "it's no way I'm goin home till somebody performs 'Alright'. Even if it was Jay Rock.

Then he came out lead the chant for like 4-5 mins then pandemonium ensued

I got one. For LA show.

VIP includes early entry too... But no idea how many were sold.

Damn, Complex is a joke, just saw a link from them on my newsfeed "People can stop pretending like they enjoy TPAB now"

Yet they call Drake a legend... SMH

Whoever runs their twitter is an idiot. Thats not what the article was about and I was ready to go in with hate when I first saw the tweet. The article ultimately made some decent points even if I don't entirely agree with the sentiments expressed

Whoever runs their twitter is an idiot. Thats not what the article was about and I was ready to go in with hate when I first saw the tweet. The article ultimately made some decent points even if I don't entirely agree with the sentiments expressed

I guess it makes decent points? IDK, I found a hard time agreeing with them. I will be the first to say the album isn't for everyone, it certainly isn't. But it's almost as if whoever wrote the article is trying to belittle the record for not being a traditional rap album. For having too much jazz influence. For being "sleepy." Whatever that means.

To me the production is damn near flawless, from the beats themselves to the transitions between songs, the way "For Sale" fades out, the way "Momma" switches up at the end, the way Complexion transitions into "The Blacker The Berry...." It's damn near perfect.

But complex will post all day about Drake and Future...

I guess it makes decent points? IDK, I found a hard time agreeing with them. I will be the first to say the album isn't for everyone, it certainly isn't. But it's almost as if whoever wrote the article is trying to belittle the record for not being a traditional rap album. For having too much jazz influence. For being "sleepy." Whatever that means.

To me the production is damn near flawless, from the beats themselves to the transitions between songs, the way "For Sale" fades out, the way "Momma" switches up at the end, the way Complexion transitions into "The Blacker The Berry...." It's damn near perfect.

But complex will post all day about Drake and Future...

No but I can respect a man's a opinion as long as he's not persecuting others for theirs

I just listened to this album again since a minute ago. I think when I first listened to it I was caught in the hype. I kinda see how some ppl didn't like it now...a lot of the songs he could have did a lot better. Like the message is great but if I don't have any desire to pop it in at let it play then it gets defeated. Seems like he was lazy with a lot of the choruses on here as well. He barely does any of them, they all are just mostly somebody else singing some **** that don't rhyme

Wesleys theory should be a better song for how good that intro is

Hood politics could have been better

I can't even listen to for sale anymore. **** just honestly sounds bad

U...ehh great song I feel like that intro is too long always find myself skipping that one. Mortal man gets skipped too it's kinda boring to me now.

Only songs I can see myself jamming like that anymore is momma, you ain't gotta lie, alright, King kunta and blacker the berry.

I used to really be puzzled by the criticisms of this album but I kinda get it now, it should be more listenable. Sonically some of the songs are just bad. Kendricks singing sounds weird on some songs idk what he was doing with his voice but I can see some how ppl don't get into it

Last edited:
I don't care what complex says, this album still jams. It ain't for everybody but it's fire to me!

Random, but i just realized that kendrick had a sample of my mix in his these walls video :lol:

Wow, the show in Cleveland last night was amazing. The venue was insanely small. After seeing Kendrick perform at Bonnaroo in front of 90,000 this summer, this show was certainly special. Might be one of the best shows I've ever seen. Kendrick can PERFORM. Seeing most of TPAB live in that setting truly was something special. The crowd could have been better, as I still felt a lot of the crowd was clueless for a lot of songs.... But I enjoyed the hell out of it.

I'd share a few videos but idk how to just straight upload them on here from my phone.

Mortal Man gets skipped?? NA BRUH. Thats my favorite song of the year
Dude had to be trolling with that write up... Lol

But I agree, Mortal Man >>> too damn real. The first time I really listened to that track, my jaw dropped at the second verse. Such a great track.

Philly show was :nthat: Power went out at one point haha.
Wow, the show in Cleveland last night was amazing. The venue was insanely small. After seeing Kendrick perform at Bonnaroo in front of 90,000 this summer, this show was certainly special. Might be one of the best shows I've ever seen. Kendrick can PERFORM. Seeing most of TPAB live in that setting truly was something special. The crowd could have been better, as I still felt a lot of the crowd was clueless for a lot of songs.... But I enjoyed the hell out of it.

I'd share a few videos but idk how to just straight upload them on here from my phone.
Did he perform "Alright" as part of the set or did he pump fake y'all as well?

Did he perform "Alright" as part of the set or did he pump fake y'all as well?

He pump fake. Everyone in the crowd knew he would come back, we were all chanting "We gone be alright" when he walk off. Even when the power went out same chant .

I was surprised by the ethnicity of crowd tho

Here is a pic from philly show taken by topdawg:

View media item 1777343

Last edited:
Def made it to the NYC show and was extremely glad i did. the album sound amazing live, kendrick is a great performer and it really sticks out even more in a small personal setting.

Back
Top Bottom