**Official Kendrick Lamar Thread 4th Studio Album ''DAMN.''Out Now**

Rick Ross tape gets play everyday. He's also been in the game longer than both those dudes. I wouldn't call him the loser in this.

Some people have this weird line of thought where people can't enjoy multiple projects dropping around the same time, at once.  Maybe in like 1996.
It's very hard, especially in THIS digital age for things to last with throughout a great deal of time. This isn't like the old days where an album could have life for almost a year.

Albums come and get within a month span.

When I say Ross took the L, it's not because his album isn't good. It's because the revenue from his streams and album sales are going to go down. Everyone was talking about Ross' album the day of, especially with the Birdman diss, one week later no one is even talking about.

He already said names on Control. :lol:

Dudes act like these are new things in hip hop. Nas and Big did it. Nas and Jay did it for years till Takeover dropped. Jay and Fat Joe.

Man, you bringing up Control like it didn't drop almost 4 years ago. Anyway, no one is acting like subliminals are new, dudes are just pointing out the hypocrisy in Kendrick calling dudes out for tiptoeing around his name, but he didn't have the balls to mention anyone either.

It's very hard, especially in THIS digital age for things to last with throughout a great deal of time. This isn't like the old days where an album could have life for almost a year.

Albums come and get within a month span.

When I say Ross took the L, it's not because his album isn't good. It's because the revenue from his streams and album sales are going to go down. Everyone was talking about Ross' album the day of, especially with the Birdman diss, one week later no one is even talking about.
Ross is a vet he don't care about album sales most he ever sold is like 800k his days of selling records endes in 2010 anyway

How Ross take a L? Smh. Jump out a moving car.
nthat.gif

Man, you bringing up Control like it didn't drop almost 4 years ago
I feel the same way, what does Control have to do with anything lol

At this point hasn't Drake been overall friendly with Kendrick for at least the past year or two? I don't see how those words can be directed at Drake after further review, Drake hasn't been going at anyone lately except we all know who. Has to be Sean

Last edited:

I feel the same way, what does Control have to do with anything lol

At this point hasn't Drake been overall friendly with Kendrick for at least the past year or two? I don't see how those words can be directed at Drake after further review, Drake hasn't been going at anyone lately except we all know who. Has to be Sean
Kendrick hates Drake 

Drake album damn near put me to sleep while I was driving. Yall can have that BS. Ross project is super dope though.

people in the other thread calling it some of his best work... :rolleyes

that Ross album :smokin

Kendrick :smokin :x :smh:

Last edited:
Depends if you view Drake as a pop or rap artist. I think its his best work or second best from the lens that he's a pop artist

Of course it isn't his best work in terms of rap

Last edited:

Ross is a vet he don't care about album sales most he ever sold is like 800k his days of selling records endes in 2010 anyway
Yeah, he's a vet but numbers are still numbers. He's yet to ever go platinum with his debut album being his highest selling album to date.

Not to mention the way he left Def Jam, 3 albums selling 397K, 190K, & 75K respectively. He's been on a downward spiral as far as selling records.

He just signed the new deal with Epic, so I'm more than positive he's feeling the pressure to come out the gate strong and show that Def Jam should have made him the marquee artist.

Does album sales hurt his career as an MC? No. Does it hurt his career as an artist? Yes.

Ross loss but dropped the best project this year so far :\

K dot byke tho. Wonder who gonna take the bait, sean or the tent

Last edited:
Yeah, he's a vet but numbers are still numbers. He's yet to ever go platinum with his debut album being his highest selling album to date.

Not to mention the way he left Def Jam, 3 albums selling 397K, 190K, & 75K respectively. He's been on a downward spiral as far as selling records.

He just signed the new deal with Epic, so I'm more than positive he's feeling the pressure to come out the gate strong and show that Def Jam should have made him the marquee artist.

Does album sales hurt his career as an MC? No. Does it hurt his career as an artist? Yes.

The music business model has changed, his rap career will only be hurt the day he can no longer book shows or get endorsements. It's not like Future puts up great sales either. If Ross's career is hurt as an artist for his numbers then young thug never had a career.

Does anyone know Ross predicted albums sales.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom