**Official Kendrick Lamar Thread 4th Studio Album ''DAMN.''Out Now**

Somebody tell the truth in here, out of all the songs on here, how many does he use goofy *** voice inflections and piling 50 syllables into two bars?

:wow:

WOWWWWWW!!!

How is this album BETTER in reverse? The F???

Do yourselves a favor and make a track list in reverse.

eek.gif

WOWWWWWW!!!

How is this album BETTER in reverse? The F???

Do yourselves a favor and make a track list in reverse.
nerd.gif

will do

Lol the more I think about it I'm pretty sure. He used the ha flow from Juve whose also from New Orleans. If I recall Kenny was from NO prior to Compton.

Nah, but he grew up in early Cash Money: Hot Boys, Juvie, BG, Wayne, etc. He did a list of his favorite albums after GKMC dropped and it was mostly CMR and DMX.

did ya read the article or nah?

Him having two albums of content in March 2016 ≠ Him still planning to release two albums in April 2017.

I'd love for the double album theory to pan out out though, obviously.

Somebody tell the truth in here, out of all the songs on here, how many does he use goofy *** voice inflections and piling 50 syllables into two bars?

That's just part of his style at this point, man :lol:

Last edited:
Kendrick is discovering his Hebrew roots (in real life, which he mentions on the album).
That's why he says " I'm an Israelite, don't call me black no mo"
Cus being an Israelite encompasses a belief and culture.
Black is just a perceived culture and doesn't represent where he is
Spiritually and mentally. There.

fact this is also why i'm not sure that the other album is coming, like someone else said Lupe had a similar concept in Tetsuo & Youth of being reborn again and starting over, by starting over and reversing the tracks it tells a bit of a different story.

Kendrick deliberately has things on this album asking you to play it backwards. and some of the commentary seems to be telling people to back away from traditional religion. He says he's an isrealite on one song, what happens on Earth stays on Earth, he talks about having the soul to make a decision.

this is going out on a limb but i feel like this album is him as god/jesus/ whatever the equivalent is in other religions, literally on earth right now dealing with the madness of america & realizing that even he could fall victim to the evils. When played backward i think it's more of him learning to trust his own intuition, not believe the stories of religion, but to again trust in your own soul & decisions & from there you would find peace.

this is going out on a limb but i feel like this album is him as god/jesus/ whatever the equivalent is in other religions, literally on earth right now dealing with the madness of america & realizing that even he could fall victim to the evils. When played backward i think it's more of him learning to trust his own intuition, not believe the stories of religion, but to again trust in your own soul & decisions & from there you would find peace.

You caught what I caught: "I threw a stone at GOD and it landed at MY feet.

Interesting how consciousness has shifted in the last 10 years. [emoji]129300[/emoji]

Btw, I agree. GOD lies within. We were made in THEIR image.

Interesting how consciousness has shifted in the last 10 years. [emoji]129300[/emoji]

And to take it a step further, this is why we need to come together.
We have a well of unlimited water to drink from but we choose selfishness
And to stick with our own water bottles and experience thirst at times.
We are more powerful together, despite our differences. We should focus
Our energies on our commonalities.

"I'll take all the religions and put 'em all in one service
Just to tell 'em we ain't ****, but He's been perfect, world"

Last edited:
It is better backwards than forwards :wow: with him spazzing on the 2nd half of DNA into the 'outro' of blood. My Spotify playlist then went directly into 'Alright' deer gawd.

Kendrick has always talked of God in his past projects & obviously high power, but he's never quite leaned on specific religions. you can tell the whole process of finding god/ finding yourself has always been a go to in his music. This would be pretty relevant considering some took the album as "preachy" & the very next album he's challenging the idea of god in itself. Now once again this is a very early take by me, but off the first few listens you could tell this is more than surface level.

And after having my mind blown by Lupe's concept for Tetsuo & Youth i know it isn't farfetched for rap artist to put this much thought into specific projects.

I'll also point out he says he's an Israelite on the song called YAH.
Yah is used as the name of God in short ( Yahweh) by Isrealites. I use it all the time.
This intentional, Kdot pays at to details which is why we rock with dude.
It's kinda confirmed by the Jamaican / Rasta vocals in the background.
Rastas pray to Jah which, J and Y are the equivalent in Hebrew language.
I could be bugging but I highly doubt it.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom