**Official Kendrick Lamar Thread 4th Studio Album ''DAMN.''Out Now**

Not true.

The text is Deuteronomy 28:28
"The LORD shall smite thee with madness, and blindness, and astonishment of heart:"

Deuteronomy 28 talks about the blessings of obedience to Yahweh/ God and the curses attached to disobedience to Yahs laws and commands. That verse highlighted in the song plucks out one of the many curse of the disobedience. Its not that we let the white man take over we experience hardships,... Its that because we "blacks" and indigenous ppl, who are apart of the 12 Tribes of Israel, Gods chosen people, have fallen away from keeping His commands and statutes. Thus we inherited hardships that we wouldn't have to if our forefathers didn't turned away from Yah. Our oppressor's color wouldnt matter because we would still have one if they weren't white. When the Isrealites were enslaved in Egypt (before Yah had Moshe/Moses lead the exodus), their oppressors weren't white.... Its all about out relationship (not religion) with Yah/ God... These concepts are moving to the forefront as of late. A regathering or awakening of sorts is happening, and Kendrick is just more proof. The rabbit hole goes very deep.....
So what would be the solution to our problem? I understand to accept God as our savior but what else we must do to break this cycle of constant mistreatment?

im a closet kendrick fan 
ohwell.gif

FYI there are some noteworthy differences btwn the iTunes .m4a version and the physical disc

The Kid Capri drops at the beginning of LOVE. are completely different 

Not true.

The text is Deuteronomy 28:28

"The LORD shall smite thee with madness, and blindness, and astonishment of heart:"

Deuteronomy 28 talks about the blessings of obedience to Yahweh/ God and the curses attached to disobedience to Yahs laws and commands. That verse highlighted in the song plucks out one of the many curse of the disobedience. Its not that we let the white man take over we experience hardships,... Its that because we "blacks" and indigenous ppl, who are apart of the 12 Tribes of Israel, Gods chosen people, have fallen away from keeping His commands and statutes. Thus we inherited hardships that we wouldn't have to if our forefathers didn't turned away from Yah. Our oppressor's color wouldnt matter because we would still have one if they weren't white. When the Isrealites were enslaved in Egypt (before Yah had Moshe/Moses lead the exodus), their oppressors weren't white.... Its all about out relationship (not religion) with Yah/ God... These concepts are moving to the forefront as of late. A regathering or awakening of sorts is happening, and Kendrick is just more proof. The rabbit hole goes very deep.....

So what would be the solution to our problem? I understand to accept God as our savior but what else we must do to break this cycle of constant mistreatment?

From my understanding accepting higher power is the first step, and according to the books we should be in the "tribulations" period where we're being tested. The "last days" as they're called. As time goes on it will become more difficult to tell seasons apart (climate change), there will be more war with more destructive means etc.

The tricky part is some believe we just wait until someone comes back to save us and others believe we have to wage war against the "evils" by rejecting them forcefully and rebuilding. I think it depends on who you ask honestly.

But with the mass rejection will come the next stage of tribulation. That's what people fear the most.

I'm not a Christian by the way. This is from memory and teachings by my old heads.

I know Kendrick is good with cleverly putting together a body or work with how songs sounds, formatted, and the track list but I doubt he had intentions of it sounding better in reverse. In fact, if he did, he is the greatest rapper of all time right now.

Why would he not have the track list in that correct order from the get go so everyone can experience it the same way?

The differences of the songs between the digital and pressed copies are probably due to last minute changes after the CD was pressed already.

I know Kendrick is good with cleverly putting together a body or work with how songs sounds, formatted, and the track list but I doubt he had intentions of it sounding better in reverse. In fact, if he did, he is the greatest rapper of all time right now.

Why would he not have the track list in that correct order from the get go so everyone can experience it the same way?

I'm sure it's no accident that there are overt references to doing thing in reverse. He wants you to listen to do it both ways. And I think track listing was done this way because by the "end" all the emotions, insecurities, bars, beats and greatness you've just heard really could have never even existed.

There are two different narratives forward and backwards. Said it once and ill say it again. Lupe Fiasco's Tetsuo and Youth is meant to be listened to both ways. It has been done before it isn't as "ground breaking" as people are trying to believe. That being said DAMN is still fantastic.

Is that Travis Scott worth downloading?
@iHust1e

no. replay value is lacking....some ok songs but its very meh

Back
Top Bottom