**Official Kendrick Lamar Thread 4th Studio Album ''DAMN.''Out Now**

I just prefer the theme of GKMC. I played it a lot longer than TPAB. Played both back to back like a week ago on an out of town trip.

I don't the think anyone can even challenge kendrick for best rap album of the year. Wale didn't deliver, j Cole came out last year but he didn't deliver either. Kendrick sitting up top by himself.

Vince Staples is the only person left who has a chance this year but this will prob be laughed off since Vince isnt nearly as big as Kendrick

GKMC > DAMN > TPAB

I think GKMC is clearly his best album but I wouldn't argue if somebody had TPAB over DAMN
I'm no music junkie, but if there's anyone who can bring me back to the latest scene in Hip Hop and music in general is Kendrick. I believe his best work is TPAB. That album transcends Hip Hop and Music; it was a statement and by god did he make one lol. There's layers to TPAB that most people can't see. It was a culmination of black music from bebop to hip hop. Just like how Bebop and Jazz and earlier black sounds, captured the essence of society through it's abstract sounds and frequency, a lot of that was reflected within the TPAB, which in turn was a reflection of today's society. Kendrick didn't acknowledge just the problems of institutionalized societies, but also his own self, hence the whole caterpillar to the butterfly. It is such an empowering album and my favorite album of all time. ****, it helped me through tough times in college, and I can always look back to that album; it is such a work of art and his strongest to date.

DAMN was good, but it's not gonna top TPAB in terms of impact. There's a reason this album is taught in high institutions because it's rich in culture. TPAB was a statement as opposed to GKMC and DAMN which had a theme or a storyline. To incorporate the historical disciplines of black music was just genius, and in the end having Tupac say "Because the spirits, we ain’t really rappin’ We just letting our dead homies tell stories for us" was like the icing on the cake for me. If y'all haven't heard of hoodoo, go check up on it, understanding it just makes this album more brilliant.

I just think it is hard for the average music goer to understand the album because it is more than sounds and literal lyrics. There's a ton of metaphors and layers of sophisticated sounds, it is easy to become overwhelmed by it. You'd have to have some knowledge on black historical music as well as creative writing. But just give it constant loops, read the lyrics and decipher it, it becomes more brilliant and interesting experience.

My ranking:

1. TPAB

2. Section.80- it's what put me on 

3. GKMC or DAMN- they're both enjoyable and have some sort of linear narrative. So i call it a tie. 

Had section 300s @ acc for kenny's July 25th show.

Now have section 110 and 118 for his August show with YG.

Most likely will keep section 118, unless y'all can convince me that travis scott will be better live than YG.

They both tracks with kenny,

feedback would appreciated!

one of my favorite bars from DAMN, not sure if y'all caught it.

8 of his 14 title tracks as lyrics which are cohesive and make sense!

I'm talkin' fear, fear of losin' creativity
I'm talkin' fear, fear of missin' out on you and me
I'm talkin' fear, fear of losin' loyalty from pride
'Cause my DNA won't let me involve in the light of God
I'm talkin' fear, fear that my humbleness is gone
I'm talkin' fear, fear that love ain't livin' here no more
I'm talkin' fear, fear that it's wickedness or weakness
Within fourteen tracks, carried out over wax
Searchin' for resolutions until somebody get back
Fear, what happens on Earth stays on Earth
And I can't take these feelings with me
So hopefully they disperse
Wonderin' if I'm livin' through fear or livin' through rap
Damn

one of my favorite bars from DAMN, not sure if y'all caught it.
8 of his 14 title tracks as lyrics which are cohesive and make sense!

I'm talkin' fear, fear of losin' creativity

I'm talkin' fear, fear of missin' out on you and me

I'm talkin' fear, fear of losin' loyaltyfrom pride

'Cause my DNA won't let me involve in the light of God

I'm talkin' fear, fear that my humbleness is gone

I'm talkin' fear, fear that love ain't livin' here no more

I'm talkin' fear, fear that it's wickedness or weakness

Searchin' for resolutions until somebody get back

Fear, what happens on Earth stays on Earth

And I can't take these feelings with me

So hopefully they disperse

Wonderin' if I'm livin' through fear or livin' through rap
Damn
I caught it too, dude is a legend [emoji]128076[/emoji][emoji]127997[/emoji]

Is there a presale for the new shows?
i believe it was for every show,

its on until 10 am tomorrow,

most seats are gone, a lot of uppers, some floors, they allow you to choose on map, earlier it was just best available,

i found floors a couple of times but decided to pass

Most likely will keep section 118, unless y'all can convince me that travis scott will be better live than YG.

I would say it depends but besides having an autotuned mic, Travi$ a better performer in basically every aspect

Last edited:
People getting wild at your shows don't make you a good performer

But good for the ora he has built around the show to have that consistently happen

Back
Top Bottom