**Official Kendrick Lamar Thread 4th Studio Album ''DAMN.''Out Now**

Everything I've heard from Hopsin has come off as corny to me. Everything I've heard from Logic has come off as painfully unoriginal to me. Not denying either's talent but the music just doesn't do it for me.

Staples>Cole

Everything I've heard from Hopsin has come off as corny to me. Everything I've heard from Logic has come off as painfully unoriginal to me. Not denying either's talent but the music just doesn't do it for me.

Staples>Cole
yeah hopsin and logic can def spit

just what they choose to spit about doesn't particularly appeal to me

i like in your face lyrics

I've been thinking a lot about the conversation. Is it too early to call Kendrick a GOAT, does he have enough music, do we need to give it more time.

We crowned Nas, Em, DMX and a couple others after two or three albums. It was pretty early in their career BUT at the same time, most of these rappers dropped their worst projects at album number four.

Nastradaumus, Encore and The Great Depression. Kendrick hasn't had his chance to drop one of those yet

BUT if you think he's a GOAT after those three mainstream albums, I'll allow it. I don't agree with it but we did it in the 90s and early 00s so I guess you can do it. I like Kendrick a lot but I grew up on Hip Hop and I respect the legends. I'm not putting Kendrick above them.

I'm still hurt over how bad The Great Depression was. **** was just the worst. Encore was half great and half trash, absolute trash. I like Nastradamus but not as much as his other albums.

I dont see the need to rush to put him above any of the greats yet, let him have his career, enjoy the music, then in hindsight we can look back and what he's done and craft a debate from there. Part of what makes great music great is its timelessness and how it holds up and Damn has only been out for like a month now. He's on the right track between Section 80 and now though.

:rofl: at T.I. ever being considered the best out at anytime.

The problem with hopsin is the lack of growth. Dude follows the same formula and remakes the "angry rapper" song over and over and his production is boo boo (I know he makes his own beats).

I've been thinking a lot about the conversation. Is it too early to call Kendrick a GOAT, does he have enough music, do we need to give it more time.

We crowned Nas, Em, DMX and a couple others after two or three albums. It was pretty early in their career BUT at the same time, most of these rappers dropped their worst projects at album number four.

Nastradaumus, Encore and The Great Depression. Kendrick hasn't had his chance to drop one of those yet

BUT if you think he's a GOAT after those three mainstream albums, I'll allow it. I don't agree with it but we did it in the 90s and early 00s so I guess you can do it. I like Kendrick a lot but I grew up on Hip Hop and I respect the legends. I'm not putting Kendrick above them.

I'm still hurt over how bad The Great Depression was. **** was just the worst. Encore was half great and half trash, absolute trash. I like Nastradamus but not as much as his other albums.
I really hope one day DMX is over his addiction problems and comes back to that It's Dark and Hell is Hot/Fresh of My Flesh DMX

The problem with hopsin is the lack of growth. Dude follows the same formula and remakes the "angry rapper" song over and over and his production is boo boo (I know he makes his own beats).

The ill mind videos was cringe as **** to me felt like a parody, then I found out dude is a actor. Still cringe but it makes sense now :lol:

He def can spit tho and I respect his hustle. Him and Dame built Funk Volume up the ICP/Tech N9ne way

Last edited:
X will never make the quality of music he made with those 3 albums again. He's old and it's done. I hope he can get the help he needs and get better for himself and his family. Son got like 12 kids. I hope the best for him, his music had a huge impact on my life.

Last edited:

Simce is Encore Ems worst album wtf???? Encore is dope. Em worst album is Recovery. By far. That **** is pure fecal matter.

Encore isn't his worst album, half of Encore is dope as **** but Em was 3-3 and then Encore dropped it wasn't like the others. Encore is better than Recovery and MMLP2

Just looked at his albums sales, HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA. Don't even know what to say.

Last edited:
Encore isn't his worst album, half of Encore is dope as **** but Em was 3-3 and then Encore dropped it wasn't like the others. Encore is better than Recovery and MMLP2
I had such high hopes for MMLP2 with Rubin on it, was really let down

MMLP is still my fav album by him, by far one of the best sophomore albums, if you don't count Infinite 

:rofl: at T.I. ever being considered the best out at anytime.

Idc what anyone says, that Trap Music, Urban Legend, KING run he had was impressive. Not to mention the In Da Streets series and Down with the King mixtapes.

Vintage TIP is :pimp:

TI had a great run and is in my personal top ten. I'm not saying he's anywhere near the most skillful rapper but his resume is solid:

I thought Vince Staple was a DJ ROFL

I like logic. The man got skills. Young Sinatra is dope. The incredible true story is dope. But he's not the second coming.

Hopsin, I don't listen to the guy tho so. Lol only one or two songs but nothing enough but I cant deny his talent.

LMAOOOOOO at half of Encore being dope. **** had like 3 good songs, surrounded by stupid accents, awful singing, fart noises and terrible beats.

LMAOOOOOO at half of Encore being dope. **** had like 3 good songs, surrounded by stupid accents, awful singing, fart noises and terrible beats.
Is that true? HAHAHAHAAH Never listened to it. 

It was that bad, and this is coming from somebody that used to be a huge Eminem fan, and gave that album multiple listens to try to convince myself it wasn't bad. Mockingbird, Spend Some Time, and Encore were the only tracks I kept listening to going forward, and one of the singles maybe. Everything else, if the beat wasn't bad, the delivery sure was.

And I know Kendrick grew up being a huge Wa_n_ fan, but as an artist he's more Eminem than him

Back
Top Bottom