**Official Kendrick Lamar Thread 4th Studio Album ''DAMN.''Out Now**

Cartoon & Cereal is still probably my favorite Kendrick track.

They just be tossing away classics.:lol:
Yeah man it is still crazy to me that song didn't make GKMC or was ever released officially.

8 songs I heard are solid. There is some good stuff on here. I really like The Only N**** & Look Over Your Shoulders. I like Loved Ones but can't get Jay Rock's Redemption track out of my head as that song is more polished.

I like Loved Ones but can't get Jay Rock's Redemption track out of my head as that song is more polished.

I couldn't either but then I started liking it more than Jay Rock's final version, which sucks for Jay Rock cause he did a great job on the song but the leak is just better IMO.

Kendrick on Lil Wayne's album is one of my favorites from the set. That story telling rap always gets me.

Cartoon & Cereal is still probably my favorite Kendrick track.

They just be tossing away classics.:lol:

He didn't toss it away. It was on the original cut of GKMC but he couldn't clear the samples. He still performed that **** throughout his tour for those 2 years as his encore. If I was the copyright holders I woulda sued the **** outta him :lol

Salt all in my wounds
Hear my tears all in my tunes
Let my life loose in this booth
Just for you, ************, hope y'all amused

damn.png
damn.png

Might be my favorite song of the 2010's

He didn't toss it away. It was on the original cut of GKMC but he couldn't clear the samples. He still performed that **** throughout his tour for those 2 years as his encore. If I was the copyright holders I woulda sued the **** outta him :lol:
Mannnn I always wondered about the sample clearance and him performing the track. I went to two shows during those years and it was his encore both times and the crowds went crazy but the audio cartoon samples were definitely played. Still glad I got to see this live! Song is too dope!

Mannnn I always wondered about the sample clearance and him performing the track. I went to two shows during those years and it was his encore both times and the crowds went crazy but the audio cartoon samples were definitely played. Still glad I got to see this live! Song is too dope!

My guess is it's like how the Eagles sued Frank Ocean and Coldplay could have for him putting covers of their songs on Nostalgia Ultra -- Eagles forced him to stop performing it but Coldplay just let him rock.

My guess is whoever owned the samples didn't care that much that he was playing them as a show encore, but they could have definitely asked him to stop.

I thought you can't make money off an uncleared sample, like putting it on album. That's why folks still can put it on mixtapes, and can still perform them cus it's not being sold.

Back
Top Bottom