**Official Kendrick Lamar Thread 4th Studio Album ''DAMN.''Out Now**

Honestly, people complaining about his take on aunt diaries and sayings it politically incorrect or we need moaaar about trans viewpoint , need to move on with their life.

Dot made a song with commentary about his life and his own experiences with trans/gay yet people are up in arms that it doesn’t reflect their story. Like dog why don’t you go make an album and talk about whatever you want. It’s ridiculous at this point.

Anyways this is my favourite kdot album. I feel it captures his growth and coincidentally mine as well since we’re the same age, perfectly.

I love outward Kendrick and his takes on the world through amazing lyrics and stories but this joint is super inward. It’s very reflective of him which at first listen feels like it doesn’t give you that face scrunch…by listen 5-6 it’s a whole different atmosphere.

N95 is definitely a “take on the world” Kendrick.

Also, no idea where I’d rank it, but after 4 days, I LOVE this album.

this will be like TPAB

A lot of people won’t appreciate until they grow up and really listen to what’s being said.

Right now, folks are stuck on the club music and “turning up”. I lived that in my 20s and this **** is a masterpiece. But I’m also 38 (and have been on niketalk since I was 16-17
30 is the new 20 we just got $$$ now 🤷🏽‍♂️

Listen to Kendrick 4X now, it’s solid, esp disc 1, its no real hype/turn up music like good kid or damn, it’s more on the heavy message side.

If whole album was like disc 1 plus Count me out, Silent Hill, & Mr Morale, he would have a 12 track classic

Although we cry together, auntie diaries, mother i sober are great songs, i dont need to listen again or see myself listening too much.

This more pimp a butterfly vibes, it’s like a sad movie, it can be great but something I can’t watch everyday.

The tracks I like will stay in rotation for a bit.

Also just a general appreciation for Drake, Kendrick, Cole. All these guys came up same time and we seen them from opening at small venues to still be the big dogs 12 plus years later is dope to see from the start.

I don’t wanna wait another 5 years for more K dot though

The Heart Pt. 4 wasn’t on Damn. I imagine he’s keeping them separate moving forward.

Cool. Probably should have included it and left off that one of him n ole girl arguing the whole time to prove a point.
There's only been 1 project with the heart on it and that's OD.
So it’s not like he couldn’t have included it then. Probably should have included it and left it off that one of him n ole girl arguing the whole time to prove a point.

It feels wrong to say but i threw the album on shuffle for a drive and i liked it more?

It still opened with united in grief, then auntie diaries, Mr. Morale, rich spirit, mirror, worldwide steppers, then savior first followed by the interlude. It just sounded better sonically to me at least.

It feels wrong to say but i threw the album on shuffle for a drive and i liked it more?

It still opened with united in grief, then auntie diaries, Mr. Morale, rich spirit, mirror, worldwide steppers, then savior first followed by the interlude. It just sounded better sonically to me at least.

to your point, i tend to enjoy alot of albums more on shuffle

I did this accidentally and enjoyed it lol.

GKMC, TPAB, and DAMN we’re all made to be listened to in sequence but so far I haven’t felt that’s as required with Mr Morale and The Big Steppers. Works both ways .

I did this accidentally and enjoyed it lol.

GKMC, TPAB, and DAMN we’re all made to be listened to in sequence but so far I haven’t felt that’s as required with Mr Morale and The Big Steppers. Works both ways .
Yeah because to ihust1e ihust1e 's point there's definitely some albums that I enjoy more on shuffle but that hasn't always been the case with Kendrick. I know artists put thought into arranging their songs and i remember shuffling TPAB and it definitely didn't work as well (to me)

Damn original order works MUCH better than the special edition reverse.

This one has definitely grown on me over the last few days

Yeah because to ihust1e ihust1e 's point there's definitely some albums that I enjoy more on shuffle but that hasn't always been the case with Kendrick. I know artists put thought into arranging their songs and i remember shuffling TPAB and it definitely didn't work as well (to me)

Damn original order works MUCH better than the special edition reverse.

This one has definitely grown on me over the last few days

It’s all about those song transitions lol. I’m a big fan of listening to an album in tracklisting order for the most part. I feel like not many people listen to music that way these days.

Back
Top Bottom