**Official Kendrick Lamar Thread 4th Studio Album ''DAMN.''Out Now**

Aight wait, the joint "we cry together" is nothing but the curses gettin bleeped. I'm thinking its just creativity but is there a different version ?

Feel so dam old right now :lol:

Lookin on spotify to see if theres a different version and i don't see anything ...

Nah I’m not buying the excuses for why Kodak was on this project. The bottom line is what Kendrick embodies or at least portrays to embody is polar opposite from Kodak’s vibe. Kodak is low vibrational black magic, thee most ratchet of flawda vibes. I don’t get that from Kendrick so just because he wanted to tap into another rap demographic doesn’t make it kosher.

It was a bad erratic move. Jay rock could have easily replaced him even if him n Jay have some issues or not.

Aight wait, the joint "we cry together" is nothing but the curses gettin bleeped. I'm thinking its just creativity but is there a different version ?

Feel so dam old right now :lol:

Lookin on spotify to see if theres a different version and i don't see anything ...
You old as hell. Tryna figure out how to work the Spotify machine. :rofl:

Jk you my man but you old.:lol:

I gotta check the edited version of that. We Cry Together was my favorite song upon first listen. I’m in a toxic space right now. :lol:

Nah I’m not buying the excuses for why Kodak was on this project. The bottom line is what Kendrick embodies or at least portrays to embody is polar opposite from Kodak’s vibe. Kodak is low vibrational black magic, thee most ratchet of flawda vibes. I don’t get that from Kendrick so just because he wanted to tap into another rap demographic doesn’t make it kosher.

It was a bad erratic move. Jay rock could have easily replaced him even if him n Jay have some issues or not.

Tbh man Kendrick doesn't give af about what you think about who he puts on his album. He's not here to be your savior or keep people away from Kodak. And that's the bottom line in all this.

You point out that Kodak and Kendrick are complete opposites. And I think that's kinda the point. Kodak is the antithesis of what Kendrick is now. But they share a lot of similarities in their upbringing (ie abuse, daddy issues, poverty, etc) and maybe that's what attracts Kdot to Kodak. I think he sees alot of his younger self in Kodak, and wants to help him.

No one is beyond saving. Kendrick has made that stance clear throughout his discography. Mr Morale is reaffirmation of that stance. When you realize that fact, then it shouldn't be surprising to have Kodak on the album.

Tbh man Kendrick doesn't give af about what you think about who he puts on his album. He's not here to be your savior or keep people away from Kodak. And that's the bottom line in all this.
Granted it was 7 years ago there is word Cee-Lo wasn't on TPAB becuz of his comments on consent.

Surprised nobody brought up the Lauren London/Kodak debacle as far as his inclusion. Considering the forgiveness stance (taken on the Heart Pt. 5) and Nipsey & Yak supposedly being cool b4 his death that was my first guess (along with making the 'stepper' term famous)

Sit back and enjoy the greatness.
:lol: The word conglomerate had that boy in a torture rack

Can’t stick around, but I love you guys. I hope all is well.
74150E60-6BC7-4C26-B826-65E775F89AB0.png

🤫

He put a Kodak on the album because he fit what Kendrick was going for creatively. You asking about R Kelly as if dude ain’t in prison. How he going to record through the phone? That’s you saying something illogical to try and make a point. I’m sure dude has tons of songs that never made the album featuring all types of artists.
Just enjoy the music or don’t listen if you choose either way nobody wants to hear someone complain about who’s on an album.

This is exactly my point.
I get what kendrick was going for i just think it was in bad taste. Again, posting on a message board...which is basically to share opinions on things...not boycotting the album not up in arms. Just bad taste

He could sample R. Kelly? He could have done a lot of things to make a nod to R. Kelly. But as you said...it didn't fit the narrative. Why? Because R Kelly is beyond saving...he knew what he was doing he is a piece of trash? It is a question of personal morality. If you think Kodak isn't "beyond saving" then he fits the narrative. If he thought he was too far gone...he wouldn't have been on the album. For me? I would have kept him off. Thats all

album is still amazing :lol:

Man these were pricy and went quick. Tried to get 6, the. 4, nothing in the 100 or 200’s, ended up getting 2 for me and the wife at United center. Ran us 220 a ticket for sec 215 row 3

Just grabbed 3 tickets from the live nation presale for the Houston Show... preciate you dontbelikethat dontbelikethat

It directed me to AXS where I made my purchase, card was charged and all, but when I check my tickets and the order history, nothing is there. This happening to anybody else?

And of course my dumb *** didnt save the confirmation page smh I typically do, but for some reason it just slipped my mind smh.

Back
Top Bottom