**Official Kendrick Lamar Thread 4th Studio Album ''DAMN.''Out Now**

^Give Negus by YC The Cynic a listen. Actually, check the whole project. GNK.
Heard the track, dope song
pimp.gif

will listen to the full thing. Thanks bruh.

I'm loving this album more and more everyday. 
pimp.gif

Best buy by my house didn't know the rd changed. They had them in the back. Had to pick up two. Don't care how many he sales...but he will always have my support.
Has it been confirmed, no bonus tracks on this edition?

Last edited:
I have been listening to this album non stop since Monday. On first listen I liked it a lot. However, after listening and understanding the album I love it. If GKMC was Kendrick's background story this album is a prefect continuation of that story. Its a story of his transformation into an artist. It opens with "every N' is star" and "when I get signed Ima act a fool"... From that point on its a story of the conflicts that come with success. Lucy/Momma. Self Love/Self Hate. Depression/Happiness. He starts of the album celebrating his success while being naive to the conflicts it will bring. The album ends with a self realization of who he has become. - To Pimp a Butterfly

IMHO the story of TPAB is a continuation of GKMC. Thats what makes it brilliant. After multiple listens I would say it is one of the greatest pieces of work in music history even though many may not understand it.

Last edited:
Will be making another pit stop after work to see if the album is available. Bouta be hot if it's not.

Listened to GKMC while at work, and I still like it better than TPAB overall, but it almost sounds simple compared to it. I'll be amazed if he can top this.

Listened to GKMC while at work, and I still like it better than TPAB overall, but it almost sounds simple compared to it. I'll be amazed if he can top this.
Actually played them both back to back. I wouldn't say it's simple, it's just the natural progression of an artist. He's not at the same place in his career and the feelings are totally different and TPAB reflects that perfectly. It really does feel like a novel if you play both of these back to back, going to try and play Sec 80, then these 2 later this week. 

"U" is one of the most conceptually and well executed songs I can think of in the past decade. Truly brilliant. 

I suggest that people buy the album off Amazon.com if you haven't used your free month of Amazon Prime or if you have Amazon Prime. With AP the album is only $13.99 and it's shipped to you in 2 days. Save a few dollars in your pocket/bank account for something else.

This album is gets better every spin.

Before, this had me feelnit was at classic status w/ GKMC
but now Im feelin this is better than GKMC ( doesn't matter to compare tho, cus it all just good music)
this kid put everythng into the lp and you can hear it.
He only gon get better.
Crazy to even think what the next one gone be like......

Last edited:

That's because GKMC was a straight on narrative, while TPAB juxtaposes so many different emotions from his past to the present which is why there's a plethora of different sounds from funk, pop, and hiphop. :smokin but the wide range shows how evolved kendrick has been.

http://www.latinpost.com/articles/4...lbum-release-2015-producer-terrace-martin.htm

He wrote the song he performed on colbert the day before :x :x :x :x

n a recent interview with NPR's "Microphone Check Show," Martin proved that K. Dot is indeed a talented writer, revealing the "Untitled" track was created the day before his performance.
"We came with that the day before at rehearsal," he said. "We didn't want to do nothing that's already been done. He didn't want to do 'i.' Let's just, you know, fly out. Let's rehearse in New York and get that energy and do something a little different."
The Los Angeles native then claimed portions of the song were improvised because he and bassist Thundercat forgot the arrangement.
"We had an idea of it a while ago," he said. "But we wasn't sure -- but most of that was done right there -- not right there but the day before. And then something magical and spiritual happened there to where some things that wasn't, you know, rehearsed, happens.

Back
Top Bottom