**Official Kendrick Lamar Thread 4th Studio Album ''DAMN.''Out Now**

so what yall thinking? no new lp or not right now? mayube deluxe or bonus tracks? what to make of his camps tweets (sounwave, his neice, cardo)?..........

Last edited:
Kid Capri on there make it that much sick.

Kid Capri said that Kendrick chose only what we heard and there there are more that Kendrick will use later on.

Dude said that he don't know what "what happened on earth, stays on earth" meant but he did it all because Kendrick had him lol

Dude said that he don't know what "what happened on earth, stays on earth" meant but he did it all because Kendrick had him lol
yea, initially I thought it sounded dumb, but then I realized he really being sarcastic.
dude really tryna get ppl to think beyond the music.

Last edited:
Am I alone in thinking that GKMC was (obv) Kendrick as a young man and the events that led to him taking by someone's life? TPAB was him coping with "success" and feeling like he had been tempted by Lucifer or feeling as if he might've already sold his soul or is facing damnation for that killing and other sins and when Jesus forsakes him on "How Much A Dollar Cost". At some point he dies on that album, but we don't know why. He speaks with Tupac in the afterlife. On DAMN we get why he died. Especially when played in reverse order.

I think XXX is big clue if my theory is correct.

And the poem from TPAB is as well... "I'm no mortal, man..."

Last edited:
So just realized that the actual CD that was released don't have all the interludes etc???

Nah, they're just attached​ to the songs like all his previous albums. The only separate interlude (if you consider it one) is the intro

Nah, they're just attached​ to the songs like all his previous albums. The only separate interlude (if you consider it one) is the intro
Hmmm never noticed them on the CD like his relative leaving him a voicemail is on the CD?

After an entire weekend and I don't even know how many spins forwards and backwards, twice with another person, hours spent listening intently alone, in the car on two 1 hour drives, in quality headphones, in the shower, off the henny, and smoked out my mind - this album is essentially perfect. I put it through every scenario I could to reach my conclusion.

On a 10 scale, I take off .5 points for FEEL because it's not that great to me but I still have not skipped it or anything else. Album comes to a 9.5 for me personally. I don't see anyone surpassing this album quality wise this year but I would love if someone did. If other rappers don't catch a spark and get on their **** after this, the crown really needs to go to Kendrick.

I knew son was incredibly skilled and arguably the best doing it right now but he really convinced me with this project. There is something for everyone on this album. Even knowing the subjectivity involved in musical preference, I can't see how a person who is a fan of rap/hip hop could not be feeling this album. This is hip hop purity. Dude is moving SEAMLESSLY from politically charged statement pieces to crowd rockers and club anthems to braggadocios yet self depreciating tracks with no visible effort at all. My son out here channeling Andre3k and the ghost of late 80s early 90s Ice Cube like he was born to do it.

My *****. Review on point.

Another one that "gets it"

Repped!

"Because he said he's gonna punish us, the so called Blacks, Hispanics, and Native American Indians are the true children of Israel. We are the Israelites according to the bible."  outro on FEAR

Someone care to help me understand this message means and how it relates to the book of Deutoronomy ? not rlly well versed in scriptures. thanks

"Because he said he's gonna punish us, the so called Blacks, Hispanics, and Native American Indians are the true children of Israel. We are the Israelites according to the bible."  outro on FEAR

Someone care to help me understand this message means and how it relates to the book of Deutoronomy ? not rlly well versed in scriptures. thanks
Basically we've let the white man take over and are being subjugated to the hardships because of that even though we're the chosen peoples. 

WAIT A MIN!!!!
I dont hear those words in my FEAR outro...
I also seen lyrics at the end of LUS T that I dont hear..
my version doodoo :smh:

Last edited:
WAIT A MIN!!!!
I dont hear those words in my FEAR outro...
I also seen lyrics at the end of LUS T that I dont hear..
my version doodoo :smh:

I'm at my cuzzo crib and his version of XXX doesn't have the "we're gonna talk about gun control (pray for me) daaaamn..." part [emoji]128064[/emoji]

Back
Top Bottom