*******OFFICIAL KID CUDI THREAD******* MOTM II: The Legend of Mr. Rager OUT NOW!!!!

Im a hugeee cudi fan.. oh man from the moment i heard the prayer.. i was like
eek.gif
this dude is goin to be great
i can def relate to most his songs.. and i feel like he keeps it real.. got great expectations

Another more media-friendly listening session in a few hours tonight in NYC. Expect some info by tonight (party 'ends' at 9:30).

Dream onnnnnnnnnnn

after listening to this demo tape, i'm even more convinced that this album is about to be a classic. i'm about to ride to this all fall and winterlong.

can someone list which songs from this demo are on the album? none of these share the same titles as the album tracks.

Originally Posted by McFlyyy

can someone list which songs from this demo are on the album? none of these share the same titles as the album tracks.
sky might fall and solo dolo but with the orchestra added
and then cudi zone with the other two verses
im not sure if those were in the zip but they are on the demo tape

Originally Posted by DROOPY7

I'm trying so hard to not listen to any of the tracks off of his album. It's getting tough though.
mad.gif

"Co-Sign" Downloads everything in the forum

Any news from that listening party tonight?

edit: Taken from Here

"Earlier tonight, journalists and bloggers gathered at Griffin Lounge in New York City's Meatpacking District to get an advance listen to Kid Cudi's highly anticipated debut album Man on the Moon: The End of Day. Set to be released on September 15th, the album is a front-to-back listen that takes you on a journey through Cudi's consciousness, narrated by Common and featuring production from Ratatat, Kanye West, Emile, Plain Pat and even Cudi himself. Call it Cudi's version of 808's & Heartbreak, only less sappy and more idealized. This album plays from beginning to end, marked by high points and intended low points (by way of mood, not quality - there's no compromising on that, considering that every track sounds scrutinized to the very last synth bleat). To put it bluntly, Kanye wishes that he could have made this album, one that sounds genuine without a single forced element.

With an introduction and conclusion by Universal Motown President Sylvia Rhone (she called it a "seminal album" that's "going to change the game"), Showing Out was there to get an advance listen to the debut in its entirety. Hit the jump to get a track-by-track breakdown of its contents before the official jawn hits retail next month.

ACT 1 - THE END OF DAY:

1. In My Dreams (Cudder anthem) (Produced by Emile)

The album begins with in an atmospheric haze, with brooding keyboard moans, bloopy synthesizers and alien keyboard trills flowing together as Cudi sings, "This is a dream come true" and that "Everything plays out exactly how I want it to." Common comes in at the end with his spoken word narration, stating, "This is a story of a young man that not only believed in himself, but his dreams, too. I introduce to you, the man on the moon."

2. Soundtrack 2 My Life (Produced by Emile)

Sun-bleached synthesizers are the focal point of this sparsely instrumented groove, with Cudi singing, "I've got some issues that nobody can see / And all of these emotions are pouring out of me." There's not much to chew on in terms of orchestration, but this one's a genuine headknocker.

3. Simple As… (Produced by Plain Pat)

This one begins with a hypnotic vocal line that repeatedly moans "A-B-C" before launching into a thwacking, nasty groove. A reverberated echo trails every line of Cudi's vocals, wrapping up with another spoken word interlude from Common before beginning the next Act of the album.

ACT 2 - RISE OF THE NIGHT TERROR:

4. Solo Dolo (Nightmare) (Produced by Emile)

Spooky, spiderish violin plucks kick off this song, bare yet hearty with its haunted, cerebral beat. Cudi sings, "Try and do right, do right / Soaring through paradise while closing my eyes / I'm Mr. Solo Dolo." One of the most affecting, ghoulish tracks on the album, "Solo Dolo (Nightmare)" positions Cudi as an outsider.

5. Heart of a Lion (KiD CuDi Theme Music) (Produced by Free School)

The tempo picks up on this song, throwing a dash of house into the mix with its rapid drums. But while the track pummels along, it's offset by Cudi's deliberate delivery, which plays against the rhythm as languid piano chords repeat beneath his coos. Disorienting, but fit for the dancefloor.

6. My World Feat. Bill Cravens (Produced by Plain Pat and Jeff Bhasker)

We'll call this one the audio equivalent of a thunderstorm. Industrial snares pockmark the beat, with twinkling piano keys jolting like tiny stabs of lightning as Cudi again distances himself from the outside world. After Bill Cravens gets his rock on on the chorus, Cudi sings, "None of y'all really knew about me," adding, "I guess I'm all you see."

ACT 3: TAKING A TRIP

7. Day N Nite (Produced by Dot Da Genius)

The song that put Cudi on the mainstream radar (this joint has racked up over 21 million views on YouTube). In context of the album, it works beautifully, playing like the version we've all come to know and love before devolving into an outro that chops and screws the song for a few seconds. This ushers in the escapist feel of this act, where Cudi seems like he's being chased, delivering each song with urgency.

8. Sky Might Fall (Produced by Kanye West/Co-Produced by Kid Cudi)

This one's been out for a minute, too. "Sky Might Fall" is the album's renegade get-'em-up anthem, complete with sour synths and an anxiety-inducing beat. It's safe to call this one the darker version of Kanye's "Champion."

9. Enter Galactic (Produced by Mat Friedman of ILLFONICS)

Disco is the word on this dancefloor-ready jam, popping with its steady backbeat, squiggly synths and strobe-light fervency. If this joint was rocking in the club (where it will be right at home), this would best be taken with a hit of Ex. Just sayin'.

ACT 4 - STUCK

10. Alive (Nightmare) Feat. RATATAT (Produced by RATATAT)

Common comes back into the fold before this track begins, announcing that this is the part of the album where Cudi gets "stuck in a place of his wildest dreams." Soon, those familiar Ratatat synths kick in, with a beat that lacks the intensity of a Ratatat track but hits with a snapping snare. "I'm a beast in the night," Cudi raps, adding "I hope she saves me from the curse I have to beat" and "I watch the sun collapse."

11. Cudi Zone (Produced by Emile)

It's surprising to know that Kanye didn't produce this one, considering that Emile ripped a few pages out of the 808s & Heartbreak songbook for the beat. But on the epic track, Cudi plays against trance-like synths on the '80s-influenced number, with something felt like its held back in spite of its monstrous beat. Cudi sings, "I'm feelin' alright, forgot all about it." Epic stuff.

12. Make Her Say (Produced by Kanye West)

Another joint that already heated up the net ahead of the album release. Still haven't gotten tired of this one, and it sounds even fresher wedged in the middle of the disc. Lady Gaga gets a bit more shine from her performance, with an extended clip of her "Poker Face" joint wedged at the back of the track.

13. Pursuit of Happiness (Nightmare) Feat. MGMT & RATATAT (Produced by RATATAT)

This song is exactly how you'd expect it to sound. Before reading that "Nightmare" was included in the title, it already ended up on my notepad, because that's precisely how it translates. MGMT adds a psychedelic flair to the mid-tempo track that rides on a thick, paced groove, singing on the chorus as the song rides on a base piano line. Ratatat throws in their signature flair, mingling with MGMT's tie-dyed synths with sharp, electrified guitars of their own. And as for Cudi? He carries the track with lyrics that are based in the now, singing, "If I fall, if I die, know I lived it to the fullest" and "Tell me what you know about dreams." Lyrically of-the-moment, the song isn't the boldest on the album, but it fits right in.

ACT 5 - A NEW BEGINNING

14. Hyyer Feat. Chip The Ripper (Produced by Crada for Motion Music)

This is the babymaking @*%% right here. Featuring swelling orchestral lines and a clicking snare, this bedroom-ready track could easily be an old John Legend cut (we're talking "Live It Up" type music), nostalgic in sentiment and soulful in spirit. "Hyyer" is the gushiest track on the album - and that's a good thing.

15. Up Up & Away (Produced by Free School)

Cudi saved one of the hypest tracks for last. "Up Up & Away" begins with stabbing electronic guitars that give way to a racing acoustic romp, almost parallel to a Nelly Furtado-esque chugging groove (circa Folklore days, none of that Loose garbage). Cudi rounds out the album with a "I don't give a…" sentiment, singing, "I'll be up and away / Up, up and away / They gon' judge me anyway / So whatever." Common closes out the album by saying, "The machine and the ghost are dead. This is the journey of the man on the moon." What a journey it was.

I'm officially hyped
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

.... i want this album to release already... i am a huge cudi fan... even if i only have 1 mixtape ( seeing as how he only OFFICIALLY came out with one..."a kid named cudi")

Originally Posted by youdontknowme

Really looking forward to his album.
pimp.gif

That demo was ill as well.

after listening to this demo tape, i'm even more convinced that this album is about to be a classic. i'm about to ride to this all fall and winter long.
pimp.gif
That and Mr. Fiasco's Album..
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
.. I'm hyped.

Wish i was at that Listening party
mad.gif

Cudi Zone sounds craaaazzzy. The beat is too ill, and the hook is nice
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

This>BP3 I'm callin it

This is gonna be the first cd I buy since Graduation.

Originally Posted by TeamJordanKidd532

^The leaked demo only has 12 songs. I think the demo is supposed to have 20. I guess the other tracks just haven't leaked yet?
ok i was downloading it like 3 times
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by AirWeezy03

Originally Posted by TeamJordanKidd532

^The leaked demo only has 12 songs. I think the demo is supposed to have 20. I guess the other tracks just haven't leaked yet?
ok i was downloading it like 3 times
roll.gif
roll.gif
i have 16 in mine, i think the guy who put the zip together took out solo dolo, sky might fall, call me moon man, and cudi zone because he figuredpeople would have them already

Back
Top Bottom