Official Kobae XI thread

Pale horse vs Ghost of Christmas past

• Pale Horse

Votes: 19 86.4%
  • GOCP

Votes: 3 13.6%

• Total voters
Why do Kobe threads always turn into this?
laugh.gif

Are sticky translucent outsoles common on this shoe?

The outsoles on my black spaces are definitely sticky,..

Just a little insight on the whole Eastbay thing. I don't know where it is in other states but in Vegas one of our Champs actually has a eastbay section in it. East Bay is owned by Foot Locker Inc so that maybe the loophole that they're using to be able to charge tax for people. Idk just a thought.

Just a little insight on the whole Eastbay thing. I don't know where it is in other states but in Vegas one of our Champs actually has a eastbay section in it. East Bay is owned by Foot Locker Inc so that maybe the loophole that they're using to be able to charge tax for people. Idk just a thought.

That's what I was thinking.

It's funny he thinks he's the smart one pulling up the law but isn't smart enough to even understand the context of the law.

An office or warehouse won't have eastbay in size 300 font on the front of the building.

Chill bud lol I brought it up because I've been purchasing from Eastbay for years tax free until very recently, something changed and perhaps it's Eastbay sections in champs which would be an exploitable loophole for charging tax. In any event, I'm done discussing the issue, lets get back to kobe talk. I apologize to the other NTers who have had this board cluttered up with non kobe related talk.

Info....

Dates may just be placeholder dates because of the days of the week they fall on ....

10/28 Kobe XI Elite Low "oreo"

10/29 Kobe XI Elite Low 4KB 824463-443 (blue/pale horse that have been seen)

11/11 Kobe XI ALT 880463-079

11/23 Kobe A.D. 852425-010

12/16 Kobe A.D. 852425-001

1/20 Kobe A.D. 852425-608

2/23 Kobe A.D. 852425-406

Some things have been scraped from the Kobe line so I'm not really sure whether or not these will be releasing...

Kobe XI "Blue Fountain" 836133-447

Kobe XI black/grey-purple-smoke 836183-005 (likely the cloaks)

Kobe XI Elite Low 4KB 824463-334 liquid lime/dark obsidian/liquid lime

Kobe XI Elite Low black/gold 822675-070

Last edited:
Local house of hoops has all EMs for $99 and I seen the USA for $119. In case anyone liking for a deal.
Was in the store to pick up the black horse with 20% from online. Returning the full retail price back to Nike.

Local house of hoops has all EMs for $99 and I seen the USA for $119. In case anyone liking for a deal.
Was in the store to pick up the black horse with 20% from online. Returning the full retail price back to Nike.

Kobe xi mambacurial is 99 too?

After death? After the 4 horsemen of the apocalypse?
That concept actually sounds cool. Now whether they can make another cool colorway after pumping out way too many colorways already is another story. Sometimes I just feel like they are not trying anymore because either way, people are still going to cop.

Ill scoop at that price. Give me 2! Lol

Last edited:
But tax should only go to the state though, not the store itself.

Info....

Some things have been scraped from the Kobe line I noticed but things I have not heard about...

mean.gif

Tax is very tricky, I'm going to school for accounting and it is hard to make sense of it because its very intricate. States use tax for there revenue to pay for government and other organizations ran by the government. Its in the states best interest to collect sales tax.

The definition of the term "physical presence" as mentioned above mentions warehouse, store, etc.. However, it is something that is exploited by companys. Companys look for ways to lower costs for consumers to increase demand for their product so its in their best interest to not charge sales tax.

Technically, we as consumers (that live in sales tax states) are supposed to report these goods that we purchase and pay the taxes at year end. Its something that no one really does because it isn't tracked well by companies. By not reporting, it put consumers at risk of tax fraud in theory but in reality its something that isn't tracked well enough.

I don't know why eastbay started charging tax (not sure what state person above lives in) but it could be from expansion to another state.

I'm not sure if I'm really helping at all just stating a few things that I know.

Unless it's a release that's a day 1 sellout, just about any signature sneaker that can be found on Eastbay can be found for much cheaper on the other 'Bay.'  Outlet prices can even be high compared to the Bay.  Taxes aren't even a consideration for me when it's so substantially cheaper on there.  As for quality, defects, etc; I've had the same amount of issues from regular retail as I've had with individual sellers.   

Last edited:
The Footlockers I called in the Bay Area have all Kobe XI EMs on sale for $99 except for Mambacurial, Milan and Fundamental. Too bad they only have the BLackouts in my size which I already have. Good luck.

Info....

Dates may just be placeholder dates because of the days of the week they fall on ....

10/28 Kobe XI Elite Low "oreo"

10/29 Kobe XI Elite Low 4KB 824463-443 (blue/pale horse that have been seen)

11/11 Kobe XI ALT 880463-079

11/23 Kobe A.D. 852425-010

12/16 Kobe A.D. 852425-001

1/20 Kobe A.D. 852425-608

2/23 Kobe A.D. 852425-406

Some things have been scraped from the Kobe line so I'm not really sure whether or not these will be releasing...

Sorry if i missed this already but what are the AD?

Judging by the release date, my guess is instead of Kobe 12, it's gonna be called "AD."

Just a thought, but it may stand for "Anno Domini" representing his time after the NBA...  Just like "BC" and "AD" included after dates from the past. Very intriguing...

Just a thought, but it may stand for "Anno Domini" representing his time after the NBA...  Just like "BC" and "AD" included after dates from the past. Very intriguing...

interesting. the question is will it be the 12 or is it like a transition shoe more so like the Venomenons or Mentality

interesting. the question is will it be the 12 or is it like a transition shoe more so like the Venomenons or Mentality
Its not the twelve guys....Kobe Bryant's signature sneaker line from Nike will continue with the release of a new model in November that will be the first to launch in the wake of the Lakers legend's retirement. The shoe will be called the Nike Kobe A.D.

The model hasn't leaked in full yet, although the silhouettes below are popping up in catalogs now under the name "Kobe A.D." Japanese sneaker blog US11 has the brown/yellow pair releasing on Nov. 23, with the black one following on Dec. 16 and the red/black arriving on Jan. 20.

via Sole Collector

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom