Official Kobae XI thread

Pale horse vs Ghost of Christmas past

• Pale Horse

Votes: 19 86.4%
  • GOCP

Votes: 3 13.6%

• Total voters
Flyknit on the Kobe line is for pure aesthetic only. Not really surprised why a lot of people prefer the mesh version performance wise.
Sorry but I don't quite agree with your statement. NBA players prefer flyknit over mesh for a reason and that's because they want the highest performing shoe available.

i liked the 9 EMs over the 9 flyknits for performance but I like the 11 flyknits over the 11 EMs for performance

Last edited:
Flyknit on the Kobe line is for pure aesthetic only. Not really surprised why a lot of people prefer the mesh version performance wise.
Sorry but I don't quite agree with your statement. NBA players prefer flyknit over mesh for a reason and that's because they want the highest performing shoe available.

That's why they're rocking TB kobe 11?

I'm talking about the NBA. From the top of my head I can name four players that wear Kobe Elite-Derozan, Lavine, Isaiah Thomas, Iguodala, D'Angelo Russell. I've never seen them wear the mesh version. I'm sure there are more players that wear them if you investigate. I've seen BL, Avars, AS, Parkers, Easters, Tinkers just to name a few but I've never seen the EM. If they did, it's probably a 10-1 ration between Elite to EM. Plus Kobe himself never wore a Kobe XI Mesh and he's all about performance. The Carpe Diem would've matched the Lakers jersey perfectly.

I'm talking about the NBA. From the top of my head I can name four players that wear Kobe Elite-Derozan, Lavine, Isaiah Thomas, Iguodala, D'Angelo Russell. I've never seen them wear the mesh version. I'm sure there are more players that wear them if you investigate. I've seen BL, Avars, AS, Parkers, Easters, Tinkers just to name a few but I've never seen the EM. If they did, it's probably a 10-1 ration between Elite to EM. Plus Kobe himself never wore a Kobe XI Mesh and he's all about performance. The Carpe Diem would've matched the Lakers jersey perfectly.

Go look up derozan shoes from last night and the past few games

Anybody like the Venomenon 5? I actually think they're kinda dope.....

Best I could find, he used them for the Raptors game too. Looks like he sharpie'd some initials on there too. Wolf Gray/Clear sole? I love the EMs, for hooping I prefer them but obviously the flyknit version is great also. IT is still rocking the ASGs and they look dope. I'm probably going to make my Eulogies my new gym beater pair after making a lace swap.

The only differences I can see are the upper and the heel zoom. I think a ton of ppl would just wear the elites because they're the more "premium" option. I haven't hooped in the X or XI yet.

My thinking is that if the EMs perform better than the Elites, why doesn't Kobe Bryant request for Player Exclusive EM. All his PE shoes are flyknit. He can tell Nike to make him PEs made with mesh because they fit, feel and perform better and insist that he would only wear EMs during games, if it was in fact, a better performing shoe over the flyknits. I'd like to think that it's because Nike insists that he wears flyknits for marketing purposes but then why didn't he wear the Kobe X Christmas shoes last year during Christmas Day. That would've been a perfect marketing situation for the Xmas Kobe's. I know some NT members didn't buy the shoes because he didn't wear it. Lebron, KD and Kyrie all wore their XMas shoes. This leads me to believe that Kobe is in control of what he wears and not Nike.

I personally think the EMs are very comfortable..just as comfortable as Elites. However, I can't state that they perform better than the Elites since I prefer the heel zoom.

Put the heel zoom insert into the EM's then, which one do you like better then? ^

I feel that the EM has a better fit. It's more snug compared to the elite model which loosens up. I don't even have to lace them and they aren't going to come off

I think one of the reasons why Kobe wear FKs is because he knows how to protect his brand. He knows that by wearing EMs, it might damage the sales of the FKs. Besides, what's really important is from the midsole down. There really is no significant difference between EMs and the FKs, specially for NBA players. And FKs look better too. Probably why a lot of players wear them.

john wall kobe em was grey/silver with blue icy sole.
if you like snug fit then go with the em because the elite version had additional matrial on the flyknit to made more room & support for the shoes
View media item 2226779

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom