Official Kobae XI thread

Pale horse vs Ghost of Christmas past

• Pale Horse

Votes: 19 86.4%
  • GOCP

Votes: 3 13.6%

• Total voters
Elite pairs> em pairs performance wise

And full length zoom on these is waaaaay overrated. I've played in all 3 iterations and much prefer the stock elite insole (zoom heel in lunar sole with flex grooves).

And full length zoom on these is waaaaay overrated. I've played in all 3 iterations and much prefer the stock elite insole (zoom heel in lunar sole with flex grooves).
that's what I hear. But EM colorways are just more aesthetic than the elites.

My question about the full length zoom was how is the forefoot ??...can you feel the line where it ends (under the toes) when it flexes??

My question about the full length zoom was how is the forefoot ??...can you feel the line where it ends (under the toes) when it flexes??

I can't feel the line where it ends. However I dislike how they don't flex as much as the non-full length pairs (which, I know I know, is an inherent problem with full length zoom).

Some like it better, not me. The lunar feels bett t to me in the forefoot especially with the flex grooves.

Innovations dropped to 139.99 before 25% off. Makes them 105 out the door.
Use Ebates App and Nike has 12% off. Makes them $92 after rebate

Ah I must have missed the 12% Ebates. It was 5% when I purchased half an hour ago.

Last edited:
NOT throwing shade...but maybe instead of 12 pairs of IDs, he could get 8 and spend the rest on arguably the most important Kobe XI?

I hear you loud and clear. If it were my choice i would probably have picked them up but i can see why he didnt or wouldn't. It's still 3-4 shoes for the price of one

NOT throwing shade...but maybe instead of 12 pairs of IDs, he could get 8 and spend the rest on arguably the most important Kobe XI?
Yeah in the end it's his choice, but I'm with you. If it were me, I would definitely sacrifice 3 of those ID's for a pair of FTB 60 point beasts. That final game was so epic, hopefully one day I can get my hands on a pair. 

Yeah in the end it's his choice, but I'm with you. If it were me, I would definitely sacrifice 3 of those ID's for a pair of FTB 60 point beasts. That final game was so epic, hopefully one day I can get my hands on a pair. 
same here. but man... great collection CBass. props to you man. just hope those 8 IDs are not like all same colors but different swoosh colors.

edit: just saw 6 pairs of your IDs. looks good but all looked the same. id return 2 and get FTBs if it was me imo.

Last edited:
same here. but man... great collection CBass. props to you man. just hope those 8 IDs are not like all same colors but different swoosh colors.

edit: just saw 6 pairs of your IDs. looks good but all looked the same. id return 2 and get FTBs if it was me imo.
Thanks. I know they're boring colorways but I wanted the colors similar to the Kobe IX HTMs-they're simple but nice. They either have white, gum or grey outsoles and the liners are either white or black and the swoosh are either silver white or black. Although I have seen very creative pairs here that look dope with a variety of combinations like the ones by @MD177 just to name one from the top of my head

Quick poll for FTB owners:

1. Did you pay retail for them or did you pay resell value? If you paid resell, how much did you pay?

2. Have you unDS your pair? If not, do you plan to unDS or keep it DS as a collection piece.

I think the FTBs are nice and I would've definitely doubled up if I was able to get them for retail. Right now I just think that they will come down some more. They have already gone down a significant amount since April or May of this year. What I don't like about them is the way the date on the heel and the XX on the tongue is applied. People have complained that they come off. I wish they were sewn on and that's one of the reasons I don't want to pay over $700-800 for them. I do understand the meaning or value since it was the pair Kobe used on his last game and he scored a record 60 points for the last NBA game.

Last edited:

1. Did you pay retail for them or did you pay resell value? If you paid resell, how much did you pay?

2. Have you unDS your pair? If not, do you plan to unDS or keep it DS as a collection piece.

I think the FTBs are nice and I would've definitely doubled up if I was able to get them for resell. Right now I just think that they will come down some more. They have already gone down a significant amount since April or May of this year. What I don't like about them is the way the date on the heel and the XX on the tongue is applied. People have complained that they come off. I wish they were sewn on and that's one of the reasons I don't want to pay over $700-800 for them. I do understand the meaning or value since it was the pair Kobe used on his last game and he scored a record 60 points for the last NBA game.

1. Got both my pairs for retail won through raffles.

2. Haven't un-DSed either pair, soon as I get s bigger spot, one of the pairs will be on display.

I walked into a socal HOH and copped for retail. Definitely more of a collection piece particularly since I don't do all black shoes. 

1. I paid resell at $700 :smh:

2. Plan on unDS my pair on the one year anniversary of Mamba Day or Kobe Day.

I think the resell value may go up again as Kobe told us that retro-ing his shoes may happen, but not for a long time but with a twist.

I think the FTBs are nice and I would've definitely doubled up if I was able to get them for retail. Right now I just think that they will come down some more. They have already gone down a significant amount since April or May of this year. What I don't like about them is the way the date on the heel and the XX on the tongue is applied. People have complained that they come off. I wish they were sewn on and that's one of the reasons I don't want to pay over $700-800 for them. I do understand the meaning or value since it was the pair Kobe used on his last game and he scored a record 60 points for the last NBA game.

Back
Top Bottom