Official Kobae XI thread

Pale horse vs Ghost of Christmas past

• Pale Horse

Votes: 19 86.4%
  • GOCP

Votes: 3 13.6%

• Total voters
Has anyone balled in the EMs with the translucent sole, is it exactly the same as the elite? and hows the cushion in comparison, more harsh and less impact protection?

i prefer the EMs over the elites. EMs are much softer, whereas the elites are more stiff. 

i really like the TB colorways, hoping to find some on sale.

Surprised the TB EMs haven't been seen anywhere on steep discount. Almost like they don't exist

@Rainking how much did you pay for the mc 9? Been wanting a pair
$350 shipped. I'm almost embarrassed to say it. Honestly it's stupid. But I'm old, at least for this site (40) and have a good income, so I can swing it. I effed up when they dropped originally. Had my own design in the cart for one or two days and then they were gone, and at the time, $245 retail was insane. Hell, it's still insane. That was the beginning of the prices going hugely through the roof, and I couldn't process it. They were $245 on Nike ID, and with tax depending upon where you live (I was in Detroit then, LA now) they were $260-$270-ish. So I can swallow about $80 over original retail. I also sneaker-head rationalized it by skipping two shoes I was going to buy last week: the Jordan 31 lows and the XI lows. And I can say now, with these in hand, I made the right decision unless I wasn't going to buy any of them. This is an amazing piece of design. Stunning, really, in the context of generally standard sneakers. 

i prefer the EMs over the elites. EMs are much softer, whereas the elites are more stiff. 

i really like the TB colorways, hoping to find some on sale.
Man I tried the EMs at footlocker and it startled me on the fit in the toe box, you were right the Elites are more stiffer, also the EMs feels much better and kinda lighter? Copped the 11 EM Fundamentals for like 70, can't wait to ball in em, such a clean colorway that goes with everything.

Last edited:
$350 shipped. I'm almost embarrassed to say it. Honestly it's stupid. But I'm old, at least for this site (40) and have a good income, so I can swing it. I effed up when they dropped originally. Had my own design in the cart for one or two days and then they were gone, and at the time, $245 retail was insane. Hell, it's still insane. That was the beginning of the prices going hugely through the roof, and I couldn't process it. They were $245 on Nike ID, and with tax depending upon where you live (I was in Detroit then, LA now) they were $260-$270-ish. So I can swallow about $80 over original retail. I also sneaker-head rationalized it by skipping two shoes I was going to buy last week: the Jordan 31 lows and the XI lows. And I can say now, with these in hand, I made the right decision unless I wasn't going to buy any of them. This is an amazing piece of design. Stunning, really, in the context of generally standard sneakers. 
350 is a good price. The 9's for me are the only sneakers for which I consider paying resell (so far).

Love mail day. Love the black horses! I just need the red 4kb to have them all.
Gonna keep stocking. All stars are next on the list, then prob try find Brazil's and keep going
Buy now before price goes up in few yrs

View media item 2409224

Last edited:
Love mail day. Love the black horses! I just need the red 4kb to have them all.
Gonna keep stocking. All stars are next on the list,
then prob try find Brazil's and keep going
Buy now before price goes up in few yrs

View media item 2409224

Nice! Still need the black horses.

I do love mail day - these just came in - $135 shipped. New without the box. Prices are good right now on eBay - seen some All Stars go for the low.

View media item 2409485

Got a late start on the XI's - actually have really been out of the sneaker game for awhile. Watched from the sidelines the past few years as I was juggling family life and being a father, along with getting my career going.

Anyway, bought my Easter XI's back in January of this year, and have acquired the rest since. I feel silly having multiple pairs, but I do hoop in all of them. If I find Eulogy or Last Emperors at a decent price it'll be hard to say no.

View media item 2409754

I got a late start on the sneaker game in general. I started towards the end of Kobe 9s. I wasn't even sure if the Kobe 9 MC IDwas around when I first got started around Aug or Sept of 2014. The Kobe 10s didn't feel as comfortable for my feet. Then the Kobe XIs came out and I was in full force buying every release that came out knowing that I wasn't gonna buy any Kobe XII (aka ADs). I feel kinda silly owning so many pairs but I do use them for ball or casual and try to have equal amounts of feet time for each pair. I'm kinda embarrassed to say how many pairs and that I actually lost count and if someone were to actually steal a pair or two that I probably wouldn't even notice.

My greatest pickup of the XI was when I found the Eulogy's for $56 shipped on Poshmark, they look so freaking sexy and a perfect colorway, also it was the first Elites Kobe wore in game too.

I got a late start on the sneaker game in general. I started towards the end of Kobe 9s. I wasn't even sure if the Kobe 9 MC IDwas around when I first got started around Aug or Sept of 2014. The Kobe 10s didn't feel as comfortable for my feet. Then the Kobe XIs came out and I was in full force buying every release that came out knowing that I wasn't gonna buy any Kobe XII (aka ADs). I feel kinda silly owning so many pairs but I do use them for ball or casual and try to have equal amounts of feet time for each pair. I'm kinda embarrassed to say how many pairs and that I actually lost count and if someone were to actually steal a pair or two that I probably wouldn't even notice.
better late than never esp XIs are one of his best! i started since KB 1s but my favorite and went all out on the IVs.

we in the same boat glad im not the only one

How do these compare to other shoes in the Kobe line? Need another ball shoe.

I've been playing in ID'd 8s, 8 elites, and 10s. I love my 8s, but both pairs are really starting to show age and I like my 10s but don't wanna wear 'em out. I also had a pair of Elite Hyperdunks, but I didn't like 'em and sent 'em back.  

Carpes came in. Loving them. EM feel much nice from the jump compared to flyknits. Gotta say though, the white cables dont make sense. They dont mess up the colorway, but they should have either been gray to better emulate the CD IVs or black to just blend in.

Back
Top Bottom