Official Kobae XI thread

Pale horse vs Ghost of Christmas past

• Pale Horse

Votes: 19 86.4%
  • GOCP

Votes: 3 13.6%

• Total voters
I have flat feet and need custom orthotics, so I guess this is another kobe I can't play ball in |I. Really hate these drop in insoles, as much as they can be great (flightposite 1-3, ultraposite, lebron iv), I can't play in them anymore.

I guess I'll just pass on these. They look very plain and generic anyway for a sig sneaker. imo,
V > IV > IX Elite > II ST > I > VI > X Elite > VIII > XI > III > VII

I don't wear orthotics but I know a lot of nba players do. How did they survive with the Kobe 8?

Just curious..

Why can't the orthotic on top of the insert?

I like these a lot. I love the shape of the 9. And it has the same type of shape, plus the sole is nice.

I hope they don't ruin these like the Kobe 10 with a lot of bad colorways and little creativity.

yea, other than that. 

i think it's pretty sad that the design team for Kobes got stuck on the whole black mamba snake theme after the V. i'm glad they went away with it on the X, but now it looks more or less back to what we had with the 8.

the lebrons design wise at least each iterations try to incorporate different stuff save for the 7 and 8.
I think the texture of the X mesh was supposed to mimic snake skin.

I just feel the drop in midsoles are pointless, performance an casually. I love my 8's I wore the sulfurs this week. I love that shoe but I feel the drop in has been done, and can be left in the past with the 7 and 8.

Yep drop ins sucks.

Also I don't remember as many NBA players wear the Kobe 8 as much as I've seen the Kobe X, probably because of the orthotics.

Looks like an updated kobe 8 which is 1 of my favorite shoes of all time.If these look similar im in.Hmm kinda shaped like 9 low too which i like.

Alot of money tho.I personally dislike the highs.Wouldnt mind a mid tho.

Last edited:
Only thing about drop ins that I like is you can swap inserts out when cushioning bottoms out, which is especially necessary with lunarlon. Aside from that, I'm not a big fan of how Nike has used drop ins with the 7-9s. 7s gave a lunarlon/zoom option only for supreme models, 8s only had a different zoom insole on a few colorways, and 9s all had the same exact cushioning option. If every shoe came with at least 2 cushioning options, then I'd feel a little more like they're making better use of the drop in feature, but I doubt we'd get that unless it's an elite/supreme type of model.

i have no problem with drop-ins, and if thats the setup, heel zoom and lunarlon forefoot, thats the best way to do it imo...so im happy :smile:

Personally don't care if it's a drop-in as long as it's comfy and works with the model, just casual wear speaking... The AJ 2011 is an example IMO of the drop-in not working, not feeling like its a part of the shoe

Drops in are fine as long as they're denser. I found that the lunar drop ins were way too soft for playing after awhile. They're great casually though. I see these as being a step up from the 9s. They don't have that beefy side panels.

Nike went from basketball shoes to soccer shoes to boxing shoes to now golf shoes

Kinda makes sense if you think about his career progression . Pure basketball player....developed insane footwork and precision.....became a warrior fighting through injury ....now retiring
thats no excuse for these cheap looking shoes [emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji]

View media item 1825967Drop in midsoles. Like the zoom.. Don't know what to think of the drop in midsole again.
I like how the cushioning feels in the x's opposed to 9s. This is more like the 9s. Smh.

I may have to look at trying the kyrie 2s or Jordan 29s next. Liked the kobes for tech advancements.

View media item 1825970

Last edited:
going to be the adidas crazy boost 2015 and pretend they are the Kobe 11s if he stayed with adidas...

i'm still hoping these are early pics of the next venomenon or a new takedown model. tinker hatfield couldn't haven't taken this route to make a flyknit kobe 8 :rolleyes

Why do they look like theyre made from hyperfuse ? Are they suppose to be hyperfuse or flyknit? Asking cause they look plasticky in all pics.

I dont get how anyone can love drop ins??? For casual wear, they squeak wth every step.
For on the court, they wear out quick and kill your knees. Its a lose/lose.
I love the squishy comfort and court feel of lunar but also prefer it with the fullzoom bag for responsiveness. I have no knee problems at all ankle soreness is another story though.

Im not loving the colours so far but the upper and shoe as a whole has me hooked. Always prefer Flyknit to EM and Flyweave though

Back
Top Bottom