Official Kobae XI thread

Pale horse vs Ghost of Christmas past

• Pale Horse

Votes: 19 86.4%
  • GOCP

Votes: 3 13.6%

• Total voters

I respect you for picking up what you like but you're missing out on a couple nice cws!! But hey were all different I bet if you really wanted them they would be yours. 
I have the 9 ems and Moonwalkers so they were not a priority.  Bls came out same week as the white horses so had to make the choice of going with the Horses if i got them, also need to conserve funds to when we get to the FTBs that i like.  Which is 6, 8, 9, 11

Last edited:
Yup clean the bottom of my soles when I'm done with it for the rotation. Don't like storing dirt in my shoeboxes for months to come. It could be months before I wear that pair again so I like to keep it clean.

Yup clean the bottom of my soles when I'm done with it for the rotation. Don't like storing dirt in my shoeboxes for months to come. It could be months before I wear that pair again so I like to keep it clean.

what do you use to freshen up the shoe before putting it in the box? I don't want to trap bacteria

I dont clean the bottoms unless absolutely necessary or convenient. I clean any visible dirt or stain on the midsole or upper that same day if needed but Im pretty careful with keeping my shoes from getting dirty( i.e. walk around puddles or grass). I dont really hoop in my kobes, more casual wear for me.

I been wearing the bhms for indoor bball, I'm a bigger guy and I'm surprised of their performance. I dropped a good amount of buckets and they're so responsive so I lightly move around the court better with no fatigue. Definitely worth a double up or at least a beater colorway

I feel you, I can't describe what makes the shoe so great but I jump higher in these than my other shoes

Not to put him on the spot, but @94feet been doing this for a long time. His Phoenix Mercury PE's are bananas.

That's cool of Kobe to stay late to take care of the people.

Loving these Kobe XI's. I never really dug the 9 and the 10 to me was pretty cool, but the 10 just makes sense.

As for the EM 11. Ehh. Still got a bad taste in my mouth from the 9 EM. Game time decision.

Last edited:
Are you kidding me? You better not be actually cleaning the bottom of the damn sole.
I use my BLs to play in but every couple days I need to wipe the bottoms because these things are clingmasters.  I have yet to slip and slide but man let's say you lost some Cheetos under the couch, just stick these under and you'll get that floor cleaned up in a flash. 

I usually use soap/water or sneaker cleaner for the bottoms of the shoes I play ball in. This has been very helpful with the Kobe 11, when I rinse and dry, I see alot of dirt come out, keeps them nice and grippy for the next hoop session.

I also usually mist some lysol on the bottoms of any shoe I store in the box, a quick coat to kill bacteria and other crap I dont want staying there (don't do this to clear soles tho for fear of yellowing).

The 11's have definitely crept up in the rankings for me. I know I am more of a new era collector but I have been balling in the kobes since the 5's. I am actually a huge fan of the 9 highs and would love to get that from the FTB pack. I think the 9 highs are one of the best silhouettes of the line. 

I know the kobe 9 had an easter but here is what should have been the easter cw IMO

nike-what-the-kobe-9-on-feet-01.jpg

Last edited:
what do you use to freshen up the shoe before putting it in the box? I don't want to trap bacteria
I use  Reshoevn8r shoe cleaner.  I've also used Fabessoles shoe cleaner.  Both work really well.  You can also use dish soap + warm water if you want to be cheaper.

Just try to get a disco code to use, I watched their website and they had a 30% sale, so I used the disco code to buy multiple bottles of shoe cleaner and still get free shipping and get them at a discount.  Usually 4-5 bottles of shoe cleaner will last me 2-3 months depending, I mean I clean my shoes after every wear so obviously I go through it a little more frequently than others, but for 40-50$ of shoe cleaner for 2 months, works for me.

Last edited:
I clean all my soles / outsoles / midsoles after each wear.  Longevity of my shoes.  :smile:

For clear soles I can understand cleaning the bottom of the sole. On normal soles though I think it's a bit ridiculous to be cleaning a white sole then after all the time and effort take a step outside and get them dirty again. That being said, the sides is different. I do clean the sides with magic eraser View media item 1968490

Just noticed the right sole on my BL are off. From the back it looks crooked and when I checked over the shoe theres an indent near the inside heel for what seems like space where the sole should be but it didnt make it up high enough. I dont feel like messing around when its something like an uneven sole. I gotta return them, good thing they are still available.

I clean the bottom of my soles when I ball in them sometimes. The courts I have my leagues in are dusty as hell. Sliding all over the place

Just noticed the right sole on my BL are off. From the back it looks crooked and when I checked over the shoe theres an indent near the inside heel for what seems like space where the sole should be but it didnt make it up high enough. I dont feel like messing around when its something like an uneven sole. I gotta return them, good thing they are still available.

pics or it didnt happen

oh ok i see ...do you feel funny when you walk?

you can still return them to nike and get another pair

Back
Top Bottom