Official Kobae XI thread

Pale horse vs Ghost of Christmas past

• Pale Horse

Votes: 19 86.4%
  • GOCP

Votes: 3 13.6%

• Total voters
so you skip possibly the best shoe of the year in terms of performance (kobe x) and then talk about adidas? no. there is a reason why kobe shoes have been extremely popular around the league since the 4's, and it's not a fluke. there are more kobe's out there than lebrons, jordan's, curry's, etc. at least every team has a few guys wearing kobe's, the rest are in their sigs or PEs that nike sends them to wear.

one thing that i've learned over the years is to be careful with what "reviews" we should take seriously. last year we had a review of the kobe x (i believe) and then we got footage of the person who was reviewing the shoe. he was someone that would be kicked off his house league team. THOSE are the people you want your info from?

the "stats" are right there. NBA shoe free agents will wear kobe's and swear by them, even some bigs, although they usually go for something with more cushion like an airmax shoe. i've been watching nice kicks on youtube and they do lockerroom tours and pretty much anyone that is a sneaker free agent or is signed with nike has kobe's in their locker. go look for yourself.

The point I'm trying to make is that people shouldn't knock adi or UA if they haven't tried it. D. Rose 6's are great, crazy light boosts 2015 are great as well. I know Kobe's are popular but I'm not debating that, I'm only debating that Nike could be better. When it comes to performance, I 100% vouch for Boost foam, Micro-G foam, and Clutchfit material and pick shoes that have this over my Kobe 9's or XX9's... And this is coming from a guy who worked for Nike for 4 years.

When it comes to performance, there's just better options other than Nike available out there, period. I can go on and on...
1) "Nike Air" is marketing - there is only a slight performance benefit to them (try running in air stabs (I can't recall any recent Nike running shoe with generic air at the moment), then try running in a Pegasus model, both of which are basic Nike running models, and the foam outperforms the air, and saves you from back pain) these traits are transferable when it comes to basketball shoes with air units.
2) "Air Max" is just another (more expensive) rendition of air... you never see real runners pick these over asics or saucony's when running marathons... I guess they're ok for basketball, I never was inclined to find out...
3) "Zoom Air" is ok, I prefer unlocked zoom, which is rather new and still doesn't match up to boost foam or micro-g.
4) "Shox" are actually bad for your back if you choose to run in them
5) "Lunarlon" is great, until they bottom out in 6 months, lunarlon doesn't match up to boost foam or micro-g in terms of durability, and impact protection

I await to hear what's so good about the Kobe 10's (especially the uninspired foam, plastic recycled upper, or "flyknit" which actually isn't 100% flyknit)
Maybe I'm just blind but the Kobe 9s, 10s, and 11s all look like they perform more or less the same, so unless you're collecting/wearing casually, it's the same basketball shoe 3 years in a row, which is a positive or negative depending on the person. Personally, I would want something better than the previous year, or comparable to their competition's signature lines

Last edited:
Btw I know multiple guys who think XX9's > Kobe 9's >>> Kobe 10's when it comes to performance. And these same guys would rather play in UA torch's over Kobe 10's so I'm actually confused on how you rate these as the best performer of 2015. Give me another shoe in comparison and I'll gladly listen. But if you're saying these are the best performers out the FEW shoes you tried, then your point is moot. Let me help you out, Lebron 12's, and Kyrie 1's were garbage, so if that's the bar you've used to gauge the "best performer of 2015", then I've proved my point in terms of knocking other brands without even having tried them

Last edited:
Btw I know multiple guys who think XX9's > Kobe 9's >>> Kobe 10's when it comes to performance. And these same guys would rather play in UA torch's over Kobe 10's so I'm actually confused on how you rate these as the best performer of 2015. Give me another shoe in comparison and I'll gladly listen. But if you're saying these are the best performers out the FEW shoes you tried, then your point is moot. Let me help you out, Lebron 12's, and Kyrie 1's were garbage, so if that's the bar you've used to gauge the "best performer of 2015", then I've proved my point in terms of knocking other brands without even having tried them
I played in the Torch's and they were great at first but the materials weren't all that good. They stretched and lost all support after a couple of days playing pick up. They were the first UA kicks I bought the and I love the look and cushion but I'd take the Kobe Xs or 9s over them. I like the Kobe X over the 9 just because they have removable sockliners. I think they're better for those that need orthotics. They're all great shoes in my opinion. I wouldn't recommend the Torch's because of the cheap synthetic upper though. Clutch fit drives on the other hand feel great. I like them more than the Curry 1s.

I have a pair of Jordan 29s but i still haven't played in them lol. I got them because of the good reviews but forefoot zoom doesn't agree with my knees.

I also still play a bit in my Kobe 8s and 9s though. Mostly for shooting around and training. The one thing Lunarlon has over other foams is that its so LIGHT and soft but the durability isn't there. 

^ Jordan 29s are my favorite hoop shoes of the last few years. Only shoes I rather play in are the Jordan XX2. 29s versus XX1 are close. Kobe 8s are probably #4 for me. I had back surgery and they were my go to shoe for physical therapy and they just stuck to my feet

I already have the Achilles and the purple joints are a must cop. Anxious to see the ID options now. These are super comfortable though. Better comfort than the 8's IMO

It's rare I call a shoe strait up ugly. Plenty of CWs I haven't liked over the years but few that are 100% awful.

That said those are strait up ugly and 110% awful.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom