Official Kobae XI thread

Pale horse vs Ghost of Christmas past

• Pale Horse

Votes: 19 86.4%
  • GOCP

Votes: 3 13.6%

• Total voters
This China/Asian exclusive kobes happen back at ZK IV era, if I remember correctly?

had none of them, and no problem with it at all.

This China/Asian exclusive kobes happen back at ZK IV era, if I remember correctly?

had none of them, and no problem with it at all.
There have been Asia exclusive Kobes since the Huarache 2K4s. The laser 2K4 colorways, except the white ones, were all originally Asia exclusive before they ended up releasing stateside in 2007. Vs, IXs, and Xs I think are the only Kobe models so far that have not had some type of Asia exclusive colorway. China VIs did release stateside, but without the porcelain lacelocks and special insoles that came with pairs released in Asia.

^Yup. The IVs too (BJ2F)

I believe these were too
$_1.JPG

Last edited:
I agree but I really just bought them to have them. I like the CGR much better
The FTB 11s are the choice as a collectable (I have mine in a led light box/displace case).  As for wearing?  Those CGRs are way better to me.  I'm a sucker for white outsoles.  They make Kobe 9s and 11s pop.

The FTB 11s are the choice as a collectable (I have mine in a led light box/displace case).  As for wearing?  Those CGRs are way better to me.  I'm a sucker for white outsoles.  They make Kobe 9s and 11s pop.

I agree but I'm not collector. I'm a shoe wearer, that's why I don't mind selling the FTB 11's

Last edited:
Did anyone buy the Carpe Diems on ebay for $95? I didnt realize there was a seller with them for 110, then that 15 of 75 would of dropped it. :smh: Great price to get them now instead of waiting 1-2 months for them to hit clearance and 25% off discount at nike.

Ok so why would people want to pay more than retail for the GCR when we know black horse is coming which is basically the same shoes. Is it because they like the white sole much better?

Ok so why would people want to pay more than retail for the GCR when we know black horse is coming which is basically the same shoes. Is it because they like the white sole much better?
Because the GCR's are exclusive (supposedly) to only a certain area, making them "limited" in a way.   And you know how people get when something is "limited"  Add the fact that Kobe has been seen wearing them adds a little something to them.

Yes, white sole> all, and the fact that the upper mid/toe has gold flakes in it, I like the heel tabs, it's just perfection to me, this is what the fade to blacks should have been in my opinion. 

Also the fact that these are limited to phillipines and china only, the small hype beast in me likes the fact that they're that limited (if they don't end up releasing in the u.s. of course) but to know only a handful or more in the U.S. may have these and i'm one of them, makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside lol

Because the GCR's are exclusive (supposedly) to only a certain area, making them "limited" in a way.   And you know how people get when something is "limited"  Add the fact that Kobe has been seen wearing them adds a little something to them.
I look at 3 things with Kobes:

1. Is the sneaker a non-GR, or has the 'hype' been building for a while?

2. Was Kobe photographed wearing/playing in them?

3. Appeal/Attractiveness.  Does the sneaker appeal to BOTH 15 year old 'hype-sneakerheads' and 20/30/40 year old (adult) Kobe fans who can wear them w/o looking like a clown?  Some of the older crowd can afford to plop down $300 or more on a pair of high-demand sneakers and not have it break the bank.

If it hits on all three of those, it could be a perfect storm.  The FTB 11s and these GCRs seem to hit all three.

Last edited:
Enjoyed the video. Nice shoe, but FTB are nicer to me. Stitched swoosh, better black leather on the tongue and back of the shoe, nicer laces, and of course the stamp of the XX and date of his last game. Plus, his legendary performance wraps it into a bow.

For me, I would scoop these GCR's if they came to the states, but resell is a no. Thanks for the video, Pierreson.

GCR>FTB (in terms of details & colorway)

FTB>all (in terms of the meaning and what he did in them)

Best colorways:

TINKERS

GCR

ASG

FTB

BHM

Back
Top Bottom