Official Kobae XI thread

Pale horse vs Ghost of Christmas past

• Pale Horse

Votes: 19 86.4%
  • GOCP

Votes: 3 13.6%

• Total voters
Did anyone who placed an order for the avars or tinkers get their order canceled? I saw the avars are back up in a full size run
So far I have received 2 out of 3 pairs that I've ordered. The 3rd pair is en route, shipping confirmation received.

Also they aren't call Mambacurials online. Instead, called Kobe XI Elite Low FCB.
What's the deal on the naming of these?

Did we figure out how they ever got the Mambacurial name (which is printed on the shoebox)?

I'm 23 and still think that "sock game" is wack. Spending almost a dub for one pair of socks :lol:
Not only are you dull
Don't get the sock thing either.  15 or 50.  No way I'm dropping $20 for socks.   Not wearing socks up to my knees either, or wearing sweats that fit like yoga pants.

Besides announcing you're cheap [emoji]128514[/emoji] You clearly have no intention taking any sort of fashion risks. But that's cool I just hope your not stuck in an era of overwhelmingly baggy cl

Yeah cause all socks are the same right? [emoji]128514[/emoji] Forget cashmere socks silk socks hell even thick winter socks you probably wear socks til they're full pilling cmon live a little [emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji]

So anybody on here that doesn't drop $20 on socks is cheap?

Yup...count me for team cheap.  As a matter of fact, I want to be team captain.  

And thanks for you concern and 'hopes' that I'm not 'stuck in a era.'   Why don't you share with us your 'fashion risks' so that all us fashionably challenged can aspire to be trend setters.  Maybe I can use my vested VIP points and pick up something new.

I'm not sure how old you are but with a screen name like that I can see why your pockets are so childish [emoji]128514[/emoji] Maybe put down the "jawn" and live a little captain cheapo

I'm not sure how old you are but with a screen name like that I can see why your pockets are so childish [emoji]128514[/emoji] Maybe put down the "jawn" and live a little captain cheapo

Lol at the sock discussion. I am 34, feel a bit old for all the sock stuff, but nonetheless I am addicted. I will ball in nothing but Elites and Stance socks, the additional comfort is almost worth the price. A pair can make a half-decent feelin ball shoe feel way better.

With that said there is no reason to pay retail, I have about 30 pairs, but scored most using Footlocker VIp vouchers, getting them on clearance at the outlets and various stores for around $5-7 dollars a pair, or from TJ Maxx, Marshalls, or Ross for 5-7 dollars. All in all I have probably spent less than $120 total for those 30 pairs.

I'm in on those for sure. Gonna ball in those

Did anyone who placed an order for the avars or tinkers get their order canceled? I saw the avars are back up in a full size run
finger crossed

received order confirmation immediately, but has not been shipped yet
mean.gif

Totally agree the clear sole makes the XI look cheap. They're cool sans clear sole but would rather double up on the GCR instead than pick those up.

LOL sorry, had to say something. Why are you on Niketalk telling people what they can and can't wear? Preaching the huge importance of socks in fashion...

Ironic how you call someone else childish. 

roll.gif

FTBs skip the GCRs and grab those Blackouts imo... i think the clear sole goes nicely with the Strands in between the flyknit... also i dont think the material of the sole is different which caused for bad traction but rather the soles traction design

Last edited:
LOL sorry, had to say something. Why are you on Niketalk telling people what they can and can't wear? Preaching the huge importance of socks in fashion...

Ironic how you call someone else childish. 

:rofl:
Reading is fundamental - try it! [emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji] I never even implied what people should or shouldn't wear it's actually the opposite but good try [emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji]

Yea...   Probably buy a pair of these.  Definitely won't be a double-up pair.  Out of all three 'black' 11s, I prefer my GCRs over my FTB 11s when it comes to actually wearing them (yes...I actually wore my FTB 11s).  Just my opinion (respectfully).  Wish the swoosh was sewn on the GCRs.  I'm not a big fan of the decal looking date and XXs on the tongue of the FTB.  I do love the heel plate though.

The clear 'jellyfish' sole don't ruin these for me, but they're not doing them any favors either.  Would love to have seen an 'all-black' pair similar to the all-white Brazils.  Like those little touches of 'Brazil' blue and yellow on the Brazils, it would be nice if an all-black pair had little touches of Laker purple and yellow.  IMO...those would be fire.  I'm a big fan of the Brazils.  In general, all-white Nike flyknit models seem to be rare 'white wales'.  Being a Kobe sneaker nut, I loved they made a white-out (actually 99% white) flyknit pair.  Wish Nike would put a true white iD option up, w the ability to make a white-out pair.  Wish they would put a true black (not dyed) option to make a 'black-out' too.  What should be the two easiest options to accomplish off iD are 'dream pairs'...
mean.gif
  Hopeful for a nice 11 iD Multi option soon....hopefully.

Last edited:
If anyone is interested...

The first real Retro (post retirement) that I believe releases in Dec has leaked.  If it's real, it's the OG B/W 1.  

Head on over the the Kobe retro thread for pics (don't want to post a pic here...belongs on that thread).  RIP bank acct.

Last edited:
Kobe retros are going to be the end of me lol. At least I'm not much of a Jordan collector but man I'm really hoping the retro Kobes like they do Jordans. I doubt it would ever be as popular and I also doubt they would have a new pair out every weekend but still count me in!

Back
Top Bottom