Official Kobae XI thread

Pale horse vs Ghost of Christmas past

• Pale Horse

Votes: 19 86.4%
  • GOCP

Votes: 3 13.6%

• Total voters
Can anyone tell me the best way to break in the elites without losing the skin off the side of my pinky toe in the process? I've tried wearing double socks, wearing mole skins, band aids etc. Nothing has worked for me so far and my pinky toe is hella messed up right now. Anyone, please, help!

Can anyone tell me the best way to break in the elites without losing the skin off the side of my pinky toe in the process? I've tried wearing double socks, wearing mole skins, band aids etc. Nothing has worked for me so far and my pinky toe is hella messed up right now. Anyone, please, help!
I used to get blisters in various spots whenever I wore my favorite soccer cleats until I started bringing lotion with me and putting some on my feet before putting on my socks. Never had that problem again. For basketball I just double sock it/have a running sock under my thicker sock but I've started getting the same pain on the pinky toes in new Kobe X elites and Kobe 11 elites, I'm gonna give applying lotion another shot and see if it helps. 

The Kobe XI IDs fit really tight on the width for me and it does make my pinky toe really, really tender and painful but no skin break down. What I do when I first get them from the mail, I leave the factory tissue paper inside and stuff the lateral side where my pinky toe would sit with 4x4 gauze. I get around 5-6 layers and roll it up really tight like a cigar and fold it in half and stuff the shoe until the flyknit is bulging out on the area where my pinky toe would be. I leave it like that for a few days before wearing it. Then after that, when you wear it, it will still feel snug but bearable. In between use overnight, I do the same thing and by the fourth or fifth day, it will feel perfect. I never wear my Kobe Elite XI IDs until I go through this process first or it will destroy my pinky toe. The general release Elites fit me well except for the Avars which I had to do the same process. View media item 2248475

For me, I would just bend the toe part of the Elites to break them in when I ball in them. :rolleyes

Wearing them casually, I got no problems.

I used to get blisters in various spots whenever I wore my favorite soccer cleats until I started bringing lotion with me and putting some on my feet before putting on my socks. Never had that problem again. For basketball I just double sock it/have a running sock under my thicker sock but I've started getting the same pain on the pinky toes in new Kobe X elites and Kobe 11 elites, I'm gonna give applying lotion another shot and see if it helps. 
I haven't tried the lotion method, but I have tried double socking and my pinky doesn't take it well. It's funny because with the mole skin, I am good for about 2 games and then after it burns like crazy. Once my toe heals 100% I will try the lotion method.
The Kobe XI IDs fit really tight on the width for me and it does make my pinky toe really, really tender and painful but no skin break down. What I do when I first get them from the mail, I leave the factory tissue paper inside and stuff the lateral side where my pinky toe would sit with 4x4 gauze. I get around 5-6 layers and roll it up really tight like a cigar and fold it in half and stuff the shoe until the flyknit is bulging out on the area where my pinky toe would be. I leave it like that for a few days before wearing it. Then after that, when you wear it, it will still feel snug but bearable. In between use overnight, I do the same thing and by the fourth or fifth day, it will feel perfect. I never wear my Kobe Elite XI IDs until I go through this process first or it will destroy my pinky toe. The general release Elites fit me well except for the Avars which I had to do the same process. 
This actually seems like a great idea! I will try stuffing them to loosen up the sides a bit each day. I am hoping this will do the trick. Thank you!

https://www.amazon.com/FootFitter-Premium-Professional-One-Way-Stretcher/dp/B001B8A70S/ref=sr_1_9?ie=UTF8&qid=1480729034&sr=8-9&keywords=shoe+stretcher

for lowtops

https://www.amazon.com/FootFitter-Premium-Professional-Stretcher-Stretching/dp/B000PMKBL6/ref=sr_1_20?ie=UTF8&qid=1480729047&sr=8-20&keywords=shoe+stretcher

for hightops

Used it on a pair of Jordan 9s and it actually did a great job. And I have a narrow foot to begin with, so those suckers were tight. Plus they have plugs to create extra room for bunions or other pressure spots.
That looks like something that would work for me especially those little plastic attachments to get a specific area to stretch out like the pinky toe area. However, the price is not cheap as the $24.95 price is for a single stretcher so if you want a pair, it'll run you $50.

FTL Australia:

Men’s Basketball:

Release Dates TBC

Kobe XI Elite Low (black/black-black): $279.95 (SSO) <What are these?

Friday 2[sup]nd[/sup]  December

Kobe XI (black/wolf grey-purple smoke): $239.95^ (SSO)

Friday 9[sup]th[/sup]  December

Jordan 1 Retro Ultra High ‘Space Jam’ (black/concord-black-white): $229.95^ (SSO)

Jordan 9 Retro ‘Space Jam’ (white/true red-black): $259.95^ (SSO)

Jordan XXXI ‘Space Jam’ (black/concord-anthracite-white): $319.95^ (SSO)

Saturday 10[sup]th[/sup]  December

Jordan 11 Retro ‘Space Jam’ (black/concord-white): $279.95^ (SSO)

Friday 16[sup]th[/sup]  December

Kobe A.D. (black/black-black): $230.00*^ (SSO)

Saturday 24[sup]th[/sup]  December

Kobe XI ‘Liquid Lime’ (liquid lime/liquid lime): $280.00*^ (SSO)

another all black cw smh
I think its these and we just getting them late

afew-store-sneaker-nike-kobe-xi-elite-low-black-black-black-3526.jpg

That looks like something that would work for me especially those little plastic attachments to get a specific area to stretch out like the pinky toe area. However, the price is not cheap as the $24.95 price is for a single stretcher so if you want a pair, it'll run you $50.
I just bought one, because of the price. Plus it was the hightop/boot version which was $45. But it's high quality and will literally bust your shoe open if you're not careful
eek.gif
But those plastic tabs were great because I could concentrate on the pinky toe and the side of my big toe.

FTL Australia:

Men’s Basketball

:

Release Dates TBC

Kobe XI Elite Low (black/black-black): $279.95 (SSO) 

Friday 2[sup]nd[/sup]
 December

Kobe XI (black/wolf grey-purple smoke): $239.95^ (SSO)

Friday 9[sup]th[/sup]
 December

Jordan 1 Retro Ultra High ‘Space Jam’ (black/concord-black-white): $229.95^ (SSO)

Jordan 9 Retro ‘Space Jam’ (white/true red-black): $259.95^ (SSO)

Jordan XXXI ‘Space Jam’ (black/concord-anthracite-white): $319.95^ (SSO)

Saturday 10[sup]th[/sup]
 December

Jordan 11 Retro ‘Space Jam’ (black/concord-white): $279.95^ (SSO)

Friday 16[sup]th[/sup]
 December

Kobe A.D. (black/black-black): $230.00*^ (SSO)

Saturday 24[sup]th[/sup]
 December

Kobe XI ‘Liquid Lime’ (liquid lime/liquid lime): $280.00*^ (SSO)

Curious about the liquid Lime - anyone see photos? $280 damn...

I love the small swoosh on the Liquid Lime.

Kobe 11 performance-wise weren't for me but they're my favorite shoes to wear casually.

Back
Top Bottom