OFFICIAL KOBE IX NIKEID-- NO BUYING/SELLING DISCUSSION--R.I.P KOBE 9 ID

Did you order the new flyknit multi-color?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
Trying to debate whether I should size up or change insoles on my Size 10 MC. I wear 10 in all my js. 1s fit perfect and something like 3s or 6s are a tad bit loose, and could get away with 9.5, but I size up for width. I wear 10.5 in Lunarlon runners. The 10s in these squish my toes up against the top. I took out the amazingly thick insole and there was tons of room in there. I put in an insole from one of my other shoes which has a really thin insole and there was still lots of room. So, I think they would be perfect if the insole was half the width of what it is now. Lengthwise and all they are great. So, would it help to size up to 10.5 or just stick with these and replace insole with after market ones? If yes, could you recommend some insoles that are still thick, but not as much as the stock ones on these. I know the ones from Kobe 8s are a great option. But, I don't own any Kobe 8s. My guess is Nike doesn't sell extra insoles.

Your help is much appreciated. 

Last edited:

i'd i have to give that to the Masterpiece. Nothing is touching these sneakers. Best new nike design in a long time.
upon seeing the masterpiece high i had wished nike made it a low. Luckily,  many months later i got that in the nikeid kobe 9 low.

Lows > highs for me. 

Trying to debate whether I should size up or change insoles on my Size 10 MC. I wear 10 in all my js. 1s fit perfect and something like 3s or 6s are a tad bit loose, and could get away with 9.5, but I size up for width. I wear 10.5 in Lunarlon runners. The 10s in these squish my toes up against the top. I took out the amazingly thick insole and there was tons of room in there. I put in an insole from one of my other shoes which has a really thin insole and there was still lots of room. So, I think they would be perfect if the insole was half the width of what it is now. Lengthwise and all they are great. So, would it help to size up to 10.5 or just stick with these and replace insole with after market ones? If yes, could you recommend some insoles that are still thick, but not as much as the stock ones on these. I know the ones from Kobe 8s are a great option. But, I don't own any Kobe 8s. My guess is Nike doesn't sell extra insoles.

I would be careful replacing the "Insoles" on the Kobe 9's. Not only are they insoles but they actually act as the midsole and main support structure for cushioning purposes. Removing that could cause serious injury unless you're wearing them exclusively in a casual manner (Even wearing them casually seems questionable). Doing so could actually compromise the integrity of the shoe itself. If you had a pair of Nike Air Flightposite's you might be able to use its removable insole. Its smaller than the Lunar insole but larger than most standard insoles. It also offers Zoom Air. I know some Nike skate shoes and even some Converse offer removable Lunar insoles that are about half the size of the Kobes. Originally Nike DID offer Kobe 8 insoles for sale. I think they saw it would hurt their sales (forcing people to buy full price new shoes) and they stopped offering them.

Have you considered trimming the edges of the insole (the walls of the insole that form the "cupping" shape)? People in these threads have suggested doing that to make it fit better. I find the "cup" shape of the insole is a bit narrow and snug for my feet. You could also try stepping on the insole when they're out of the shoe to break it in a little bit.

Last edited:
@palma

Give these a shot. Thicker than most replacement insoles and the comfort is there.

http://www.theinsolestore.com/spenc...BcMIG_ne2Q9wIbPfKFatSxbloOudQYqWahRoCttfw_wcB
Haha...that was the one I was considering. But, wasn't sure if at the price point it might be of poor quality.  Personal experience?

I would be careful replacing the "Insoles" on the Kobe 9's. Not only are they insoles but they actually act as the midsole and main support structure for cushioning purposes. Removing that could cause serious injury unless you're wearing them exclusively in a casual manner (Even wearing them casually seems questionable). Doing so could actually compromise the integrity of the shoe itself. If you had a pair of Nike Air Flightposite's you might be able to use its removable insole. Its smaller than the Lunar insole but larger than most standard insoles. It also offers Zoom Air. I know some Nike skate shoes and even some Converse offer removable Lunar insoles that are about half the size of the Kobes. Originally Nike DID offer Kobe 8 insoles for sale. I think they saw it would hurt their sales (forcing people to buy full price new shoes) and they stopped offering them.
Would you suggest sizing up 0.5 as a better option? The length is already as big as I would want it to be. These are purely for casually walking and comfort. Right now, they are not comfortable.

Because flightposite 'insoles' act as the midsole as well? If I get soles of about half the thickness to the Kobe 9 how do they compromise the integrity of the shoe? Aren't the attachments bonded at the sole and top of the shoe. I mean if 'midole/insole' can be removed how does it contribute to the integrity of the shoe. Sorry about the novice questions. My lunars are old and they have a much thinner sole than Kobe 9s. Did you mean the newer lunars? Do you have the direct link on where to purchase those lunarlon insoles you mentioned?

Have you considered trimming the edges of the insole (the walls of the insole that form the "cupping" shape)? People in these threads have suggested doing that to make it fit better. I find the "cup" shape of the insole is a bit narrow and snug for my feet. You could also try stepping on the insole when they're out of the shoe to break it in a little bit.
I am not sure if it is the actual margins that are an issue or the width actually. Its the fact that my toes are right up against the top of the shoe which happens because the insole is so fat.

The heel is fine, but I need an insole that tapers off a bit in the toes. If I find a perfect insole I might try the trimming the edges trick in case I get frustrated and just have to size up. 

Last edited:
If its for purely casual use you might get away with just using a basic insole. The Flighposite is more or less an insole and midsole combo although the shoe itself seems to offer a thicker rubber sole VS the Kobes. For instance if you take the lunar insole out of the Kobe you can pretty much fold the shoe in half. Some Converse (CTS, CTAS, KA II, etc....) have the thicker lunarlon insole I'm talking about. shop.ccs.com still appears to have some in stock and I'm guessing converse.com does as well.

Serious injury thats a stretch... lunar insoles are just foam

You can remove stock insoles and replace them with off the shelf insoles ( Ive been doing this with the 5s,8s and 9s) 

and havent had any issues on or off the court

The major difference you will find is spacing but I think it would help in @palma  case if the fit is tight 

Spenco makes some the best off the shelf insoles 

I prefer this one https://www.spenco.com/product.aspx?ProdId=47&catid=17&cid=#.VERgmPnF840

they have several types and you can find them in FTL and Champs to try them before you buy 

Thanks to a fellow NT member, I can now post in this thread my pairs. They are amazing. Sucks that Australia doesn't have NIKEiD but luckily there are some really nice people in this world.
View media item 1225344
Greatly appreciated and can't wait to wear these all summer long

Last edited:
Thanks to a fellow NT member, I can now post in this thread my pairs. They are amazing. Sucks that Australia doesn't have NIKEiD but luckily there are some really nice people in this world.

Greatly appreciated and can't wait to wear these all summer long
wow great colours too, or just a good photograph.

plz can MC come back. i need more pairs, screw jordan shoes
never got restocked during the nike/jordan restock
mean.gif

maybe next tuesday for the NBA season start it'll be back for like a day

Back
Top Bottom