Official LA Clippers Offseason Thread

Kaman named to All-Star team

Los Angeles Clippers center Chris Kaman was named to the Western Conference All-Star team, replacing Portland Trail Blazers guard Brandon Roy, who has an injured right hamstring.
The game, Feb. 14 in Dallas, will be Kaman's All-Star debut.

He is averaging 20.2 points and nine rebounds in 44 games this season.

I'm so happy we have an all-star big on our team now
95u3ih_th.gif

Clippers Acquire Guard Steve Blake and Forward Travis Outlaw From Portland

February 16, 2010 - The Los Angeles Clippers acquired guardSteve Blake (pictured top right), forward Travis Outlaw (bottom right) and cash considerations from the Portland Trailblazers in exchange for Marcus Camby it was announced today. 

Blake, 29, is averaging 7.6 points, 4.0 assists and 2.0 rebounds in 51 games this season. The six-foot-nine Outlaw has started 26 games this season averaging 9.9 points and 3.5 rebounds.

In a related roster move, the Clippers also waived combo guard 
Ricky Davis. Davis, 30, in his 12th NBA season is averaging 4.4 points, 1.6 rebounds and 1.1 assists in 36 games in 2009-10. 

Whack ++@ trade. 

I mean seriously does this organization even care about it's fan base anymore?   I guess Clips are done winning the rest of the season and will challenge the Nets to get the worst record in the league?

Camby has an expiring contract and so does Blake and Outlaw.  So how in the hell does this help the Clipper organization?  Camby is a proven defender who is 7 foot tall and commands the paint.  If anything this helps the Blazers get into the playoffs.  Now why in the world are the Clippers helping their Pacific division rival?  Oh yah I forgot this part...  the ONLY logical reason why the Clippers traded Camby!!!!
The Los Angeles Clippers acquired guard Steve Blake, forward Travis Outlaw and cash considerations from the Portland Trailblazers in exchange for Marcus Camby
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

Congrats for having the most hideous looking team in a long while Clippers, your "saving grace, start of a new era" franchise player looks like my foot
pimp.gif

Looks = swag = championships
pimp.gif

Cross my fingers that Camby will come back to the Clips next year and sign for a relatively cheap price.

I wouldn't mind Camby returning with the $1 mil veterans salary next year to back up Kaman and Griffin.
He is old but he is still pretty versatile, he just can't do starter minutes anymore.

and to think...i was thinking of buying 2 tix (buy one get one free) for tonights game against the hawks. one of the reasons i wanted to go was to see marcus camby matchup against josh smith. both are not great offensive players but they get after it on the boards and do all the dirty work

Clippers get Gooden, Thronton and Skinner out.

From the New York Post and Peter Vescey:

The Cavaliers, Clippers and Wizards are in the midst of completing a three-way trade that sends Antawn Jamison and Sebastian Telfair to Cleveland; Zydrunas Ilgauskas and Al Thornton to Washington; and Drew Gooden to Los Angeles.

There may be one or two other players involved in the transaction but nobody of consequence.

The deal strongly indicates Amar'e Stoudemire, if traded by the Suns before Thursday's 3 p.m. NBA deadline, is bound for Miami.

By shedding next season's guaranteed contracts belonging to Thornton ($2.8 million) and Telefair ($2.7 million), the Clippers reduced their salary cap to the $33 million range, putting it in prime position to compete this summer for the services of LeBron James or another marquee free agent.
OR

The Cavaliers, Clippers and Wizards are in the midst of completing a three-way trade that sends Antawn Jamison and Sebastian Telfair to Cleveland; Zydrunas Ilgauskas and Al Thornton to Washington; and Drew Gooden to Los Angeles.

When you "buy them out," do you pay them the rest of the years salary and allow them to leave? Or you agree on pro-rated terms?

With Kaman, Davis, Griffin, and another marquee player we will be looking good next season. But I hope they dont tank the season. We should play to our potential to attract a big name here.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/teams/lac/report

The Clippers welcomed two more players to the team Monday. And both Drew Gooden and Travis Outlaw had solid games, which, in tandem with the return of Baron Davis from a sore lower back injury, helped the Clippers defeat Charlotte and improve to 23-33 overall with their second consecutive home victory.
Gooden, acquired from the Washington Wizards on Feb. 17, saw significant time off of the bench, mostly at the power forward spot in place of DeAndre Jordan. And Gooden showed he can still hit shots from 15 feet and beyond, knocking down 4 of 9 attempts (including a difficult heave from about 20 feet out on the right baseline) on the way to 10 points and nine boards in 27 minutes.

Outlaw, obtained along with Steve Blake on Feb. 16 from the Portland Trail Blazers, looked solid in his 15 minutes on the court. His jumper was on target in his first game since Nov. 14 (he's been out with a stress fracture in his left foot) as he buried 4-of-6 shots from the field, including 2-of-3 from deep, on the way to 10 points.

The Clippers were also bolstered by the play of Davis as he looked to find his teammates this time around (10 assists). And Davis' defense on former Golden State Warriors teammate Stephen Jackson was outstanding as he forced Jackson into some difficult misses (1-for-16 from the field) and even blocked one of Jackson's shots after a pump fake.

The Clippers have 26 games left to see if this current group, with the aforementioned new additions in Gooden, Outlaw and Blake, can consistently win games while setting the team up for potential playoff contention in 2010-11 after the presumed debut of 2009 No. 1 overall draft pick Blake Griffin. Next up are the Detroit Pistons at home Wednesday.

CLIPPERS 98, BOBCATS 94: The Clippers overcame some shaky foul shooting down the stretch (three missed free throws in the final minutes) to pull out their second straight victory. Six players finished in double figures in points in a balanced offensive effort for the Clippers. Rasual Butler led the way with 20, Chris Kaman poured in 18, Eric Gordon ended up with 11 and Baron Davis, Drew Gooden and Travis Outlaw each scored 10.

35jfskk.jpg

Back
Top Bottom