OFFICIAL LAKERS 2009/2010 (57-25) 2009-2010 CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!

Lets think about this... The Shaq and Kobe lakers in my opinion were not as deep as today's Lake show and they almost got four! Now we all know sometimesinjuries (Bynum) can really hurt plans, but I still think having a core unit of Gasol, Kobe, and Odom still takes you pretty deep in the playoffs if not allthe way!

Originally Posted by pdouly33

We're talkin a minimum eight-peat here, Bob.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

One thing is for sure, I bet Kobe's not retiring til he gets 7

If Kobe plays until he's 40 or 41 or beyond that he will definitely pass Cap for all time scoring leader and will add some more points to the total to makeit hard for Lebron or Durant to pass.

I see the Lakers winning this year and next year to complete another 3 peat and Phil will then finally retire. Kobe at that point will have 6 chips to tie MJand will be 33 years old.

Beyond that to get 7 or more chips it's going to depends on who coaches the Lakers after Phil retires, Bynum continuing to get better and more dominant,the core of this team (Pau, LO, Bynum) staying hungry and healthy, and another big free agent signing or another blockbuster trade. I would love it if somehowCP3 managed when his current contract is up or when he can opt out of his current contract. CP3 right now on the bench in street clothes while he was injuredwas looking like KG in Minnesota when he was miserable and wanted out.

Also expect Kobe to play in the 2012 summer Olympics for team USA basketball. He said after the redeem team won in the 08 Olympics that he would love to playagain in the Olympics if the Olympics committee wanted him back as an old man
laugh.gif
He said it playfully because he knows Jerry Colangelo will definitely want him back for the 2012 team USA team and also Jason Kidd on the 08 teamUSA team played when he was already in his mid 30's .

Lakers fan, what's up with Odom? I have this dude on my fantasy team and he's absolutely killing me. Why is Ersan Ilyasova putting up better number!?!

Originally Posted by Notorious 858

I would love it if somehow CP3 managed when his current contract is up or when he can opt out of his current contract. CP3 right now on the bench in street clothes while he was injured was looking like KG in Minnesota when he was miserable and wanted out.
I've thought about the Lakers going for Chris Paul before, too. It could work, given that we become cap-flexible at the right time (I think LOand Artest are off the books by 2012). Having Chris Paul throwing dimes to Shannon (yes, Shannon will be here a while), Kobe and Bynum will be a thrill.

Originally Posted by Th3RealF0lkBlu3s

Originally Posted by Notorious 858

I would love it if somehow CP3 managed when his current contract is up or when he can opt out of his current contract. CP3 right now on the bench in street clothes while he was injured was looking like KG in Minnesota when he was miserable and wanted out.
I've thought about the Lakers going for Chris Paul before, too. It could work, given that we become cap-flexible at the right time (I think LO and Artest are off the books by 2012). Having Chris Paul throwing dimes to Shannon (yes, Shannon will be here a while), Kobe and Bynum will be a thrill.
Yeah also if Byron Scott is coaching the Lakers by then that would also be a big plus because CP3 looks up to and loves Byron Scott, CP3 waspissed this season when he found out Byron got canned. Also a call from Magic, Kobe, Byron, and the Buss family would pretty much seal the deal to get CP3.

Originally Posted by What up

Lakers fan, what's up with Odom? I have this dude on my fantasy team and he's absolutely killing me. Why is Ersan Ilyasova putting up better number!?!
You should know by now that LO is the most frustrating Laker player on the team right now. Dude has crazy skills and is a walking triple double onany given night, but you NEVER know what your going to get from him on a nightly basis.

Dudes talking about 3- and 4-peats when we haven't even went back-to-back?!
eek.gif
x
laugh.gif

And Chris Paul will never be a Laker. Why not? Because I really, really, REALLY want that. I seldom get my favorite players on my teams. Artest on the Lakersand Torii on the Angels has maxed out my 'favorite players on my favorite team' limit for the next decade or so.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

Dudes talking about 3- and 4-peats when we haven't even went back-to-back?!
eek.gif
x
laugh.gif

And Chris Paul will never be a Laker. Why not? Because I really, really, REALLY want that. I seldom get my favorite players on my teams. Artest on the Lakers and Torii on the Angels has maxed out my 'favorite players on my favorite team' limit for the next decade or so.
laugh.gif
You know what the answer is, Ska.

Stop wanting anything.

Existing as a want-free man would make the dreams of everyone around you come true.

Do it!

(do it)

I do not want Chris Paul on the Lakers.

Overrated bum.

*remembers not wanting Jose Guillen or Bartolo Colon on the Angels because I really dd feel ike they were overrated*

Hmmm... maybe that doesn't work after all.

Maybe you're right.

I want... nothing.
laugh.gif
There is no one I wish would join the Lakers, and no one I hope stays away.
happy.gif

roll.gif

Originally Posted by What up

Odom being Odom.

No commentary from Stu Dec. 11-20, his wife is having some kind of surgery...However, Hot Rod Hundley is filling in for the 6 games Stu will be absent.

And Mychal Thompson had a recent death in his family, so....Luke...yea, our Luke
laugh.gif
will be taking over on AM 710 for the Minnesota and Utah (away) homegames.

Originally Posted by Jiffyl00b

No commentary from Stu Dec. 11-20, his wife is having some kind of surgery...However, Hot Rod Hundley is filling in for the 6 games Stu will be absent.

And Mychal Thompson had a recent death in his family, so....Luke...yea, our Luke
laugh.gif
will be taking over on AM 710 for the Minnesota and Utah (away) home games.
Where did this info come from ?

[h1]Jordan Farmar shows improvement[/h1]
50966129.jpg

The signs indicate that things have begun to click for Lakers reserve guard Jordan Farmar. It can be seen in his more consistent play. In recent games Farmar has resisted the temptation to go right back and score on his opposing point guard who attacked him, as he has done for his career, to the dismay of the Lakers' coaching staff.

Instead, Farmar has pulled back and set up the offense. He has settled the Lakers' second team down and looked to be a facilitator. There also has been improvement in his defense.

"I'm just more at peace, really, with my job and my role right now at this stage of my career," Farmar, 23, said recently. "In the future things may change. I may get more of an opportunity, but I'm here to try and help this team win a championship."

For the season, Farmar is playing 17.7 minutes and averaging 6.8 points on 40.8% shooting. In his last five games, he is averaging 19.4 minutes and 10.8 points on 56.7% shooting.

"He's playing better on the offensive end and on the defensive end," assistant coach Brian Shaw said. "I think a lot of it is just a direct result of putting more effort into it. I'd still like to see him pick up the opposing team's point guards a little bit more consistently [on defense]." There were moments earlier this season when Farmar wasn't getting the minutes, when he sat for long stretchesAgainst Oklahoma City, Farmar played a season-low eight minutes. But lately Farmar, a four-year veteran, has changed his approach. "That's my job, to direct traffic, to run the offense," he said. Farmar is in the final year of a contract that pays him $1.9 million. He was disillusioned when the Lakers didn't offer him a contract extension before the season, meaning he'll be a restricted free agent this summer.

"I think Jordan got kind of a second wind this season - even though it's early - in realizing he's got to be aggressive out there and he's got to do things that exhibit his skills," Coach Phil Jackson said.

Lakers' practice lively

Shannon Brown stood at the free-throw line with seven seconds left during the Lakers' scrimmage Tuesday, his second team holding one-point lead over Kobe Bryant's first team. Before Brown shot his free throw, Bryant pointed to blood on Brown's forearm.

Brown wiped it away, but it was Bryant's way of trying to freeze Brown.

It worked. Brown missed the free throws, leaving the game still in doubt.

The first team of Bryant, Farmar, Derek Fisher, Pau Gasol and Andrew Bynum called a timeout and huddled up next to Jackson.

Bryant got the ball, squared up and drilled a jumper over Sasha Vujacic, giving the first team a 45-44 victory.

"The second team was talking a lot of trash," Bryant said. "They had a 13-point lead with four minutes to go and somehow found a way to lose it. Good."

Walton gets the mike

Lakers radio color commentator Mychal Thompson will miss two games because his mother, Marriett, 87, died in his native Bahamas. Thompson will be at tonight's game against the Jazz at Staples Center, but will miss Friday night's game here against Minnesota and Saturday night's game in Utah to attend funeral services in the Bahamas.Thompson will be replaced by injured forward Luke Walton, who has been out with a back injury. Thompson expects to be back for the Lakers game in Chicago Tuesday.

Also, Lakers television commentator Stu Lantz will miss six games from Dec. 11-20 because his wife, Linda, is having surgery. "Hot" Rod Hundley, who retired from broadcasting after 35 seasons as the voice of the Jazz, will replace Lantz.

Link:

http://www.latimes.com/sp...009dec09,0,7617072.story

--Hopefully keep the streak goin.
--Week in, week out we are slowly separating ourselves from the rest of the west.

The info is from LG.net from like nba.com (I think).

I'm praying for a speedy recovery for Stu's wife.

--Luke Walton has that deep, monotone voice too. People might be fallin asleep during the broadcast. We'll see.
--
laugh.gif
at the aftermath of the thread where dude was askin if the Lakerswere playin 82 home games this season...

--Finally gameday.
smokin.gif

[h1]Kobe Bryant On SNR: 'For Me, It's All About the June Result'[/h1]

A Sporting News panel of experts recently chose Kobe Bryant(notes) as the NBA's best player. And Bryant is making the panel look smart, averaging 28.9 points and leading the team to an NBA-best 16-3 record, including nine straight wins. Bryant, in an interview with Sporting News Radio host Tim Montemayor on The Monty Show, talked about the SN ranking.

Sporting News: Sporting News says you're the best player in the NBA. How does that make you feel?

Kobe Bryant: It's a tremendous honor. There's so many great players, and for me, I'm just content with being one of them.

SN: It is interesting, the rivalry for you and LeBron James(notes). He's No. 2, and you're No. 1. Is there anything there for you, or is that just the hype?

KB: Nah, you know I think it's just the hype of it all. There's so many players in their own right, Dwyane Wade(notes), Carmelo Anthony(notes), all those guys that I respect a great deal, but for me, particularly at this point in my career, it's all about the June result as opposed to what happens during the other months of the year.

SN: You've spent time with some pretty amazing people in your life. You spent time around Hakeem (Olajuwon) over the summer, Bill Russell-do you ever consider the effect that those guys have on your game?

KB: All the time, and I'm so grateful for the time that I've had with those guys, whether it's conversations or even on the court. These are players that I've watched and patterned my game after growing up. Then having the opportunity to speak with them and learn from them, I've been very fortunate in that regard.

http://SN: Do you consider yourself in their class? Because you're a great player, you've got the rings, and you've done pretty much everything, but is that surreal for you?

KB: It is surreal, and it's hard for me to say I'm better than any of those players because I've learned so much from them. They've really showed me a lot about the game, how to prepare, how to study and things like that. There's so much of them that lives in me.

SN: Do you ever look back on your career, and think, "Did I really go through all of that, did that really happen to me?" Is it like a movie playing in your head?

KB: (Laughs) You know, about a week ago … I don't sleep much, but this one night I was in deep sleep, and I woke up sweating, and I was like, "Oh, man, I've got to win a ring!" But then I realized it was just a dream, and I breathed a sigh of relief … it was just a nightmare (laughs).

SN: So do you ever take a step back and accept the things you've accomplished in your career?

KB: Well, yeah, I enjoy doing it a great deal, and I've really been fortunate to be in the situations I've been put in. But at the same time I'm driven towards winning another one because it's such a challenge that I'm really focused on that. … But yeah, I definitely appreciate everything I've done.

SN: Let me ask you, though, about LeBron because you guys are so similar in personality and in career paths. Is he a peer to you, or how do you evaluate his stature in your career?

KB: Well, it was different for me because when I came out of high school I was drafted by a contender. We had Eddie Jones(notes), who was an All-Star two guard. I came off the bench for my first three years, so it's a little different. I wasn't playing 40 minutes a game my first few years in the league. LeBron is a phenomenal, phenomenal talent, and he's an even better person.

SN: And I ask you that because you're both mega personalities, and I wonder … he's kind of the next you. You were the next MJ and a lot of people think he's the next you.

KB: (Laughs) Well, I see that, and it definitely makes for an exciting NBA … and I wouldn't discount Dwyane Wade either. I'll put him in that same class as well, but it's definitely been fun.

SN: You know you broke Dwyane Wade's heart the other night (hitting the game-winning shot against the Heat)?

KB: (Laughs) We talked the other night-we're really great friends and had a good conversation after that.

SN: It was interesting to see your intensity and hear him say he knew they were in trouble when you got the ball. You're a killer out there on the court, and you take pride in making those shots, right?

KB: Well, yeah, I like those moments. Those moments are fun. It's a chance to do something fun because unlike all the shots I take over the summer, all I have to do in those moments is make one to get us a win … but that game against Miami, I've never practiced that shot in my life.

SN: How good are you guys this year, and do you think you're better than you were last year?

KB:
I think we're better because we gained a lot of experience last year and because of that we're better and will continue to get better. Everyone on our team has a high basketball IQ, and I think because of that we try to think the game through and improve each other's games.

SN: The first time you heard Ron Artest(notes) was going to be a Laker, what went through your mind?

KB: I honestly was sad because we had just won a championship and had great chemistry with Trevor (Ariza), and Trevor was like a brother and still is. So I was sad to see him go … I think we all were. At the same time, our relationship isn't going to change, but now it's time to welcome in a new brother into our family, which is Ron. So I quickly shifted from being sad Trevor was gone to being happy Ron was coming in.

SN: But you guys almost threw down last year. It's always been intense with you guys throughout your careers-none of those thoughts went through your head? You weren't at least happy that he wasn't checking you anymore?

KB: Absolutely not, are you kidding? I was excited to face him every day in practice. When he got here and Phil (Jackson) put us on the same team I immediately took my jersey off, switched teams and told him we were going straight up.

SN: I had the fortune to speak with Tim Donaghy, who specifically wrote about you in his book, and said the NBA was going out of their way to give you calls when you were going against Raja Bell(notes), and I wonder what you think about that.

KB: Well, when you clothesline someone on the court you probably do get watched a little closer than the rest of the guys (laughs) … I'm just saying.

SN: Does it bother you at all? Because I don't think anyone is saying you need calls …

KB: Nah, man. To my knowledge every team does that with their players-it's just a matter of the player and sending the footage to the league, but I don't think we're any different than any other team in the league.

SN: The other thing that Donaghy said is that you're a superstar and you get the calls because of that. Do you have relationships with officials?

KB: Well, we definitely have relationships in terms of communicating as much as we can, and that's true across the board. On this team, Derek (Fisher) and I are the captains, and we do the majority of talking to the officials, but not every team is the same. I don't see that as beneficial, but for that stuff to come out like the Raja Bell stuff, I think that stuff adds a little twist to our playoff series-even though they won that series anyways because Raja's a terrific defensive player.

SN: By the way, he also said you guys got the calls against the Kings during those epic series with Sacramento, and the league wanted you guys to win that series.

KB: Well, I don't know about that … they missed all those free throws (laughs) so that might have had something to do with it.

SN: You're a Philly guy. Allen Iverson(notes) is back with the Sixers-how do you feel about that?

KB
: I really am happy for him because I feel that's a place he never should have left to begin with. That's his city and his place, they love him down there, and I'm happy to see him back.

Link:

http://sports.yahoo.com/n...p;prov=tsn&type=lgns

For the peeps to lazy to read here is the audio version of the same interview:

http://us.lrd.yahoo.com/_ylt=ArnGGh...f6162ec.mp3&title=The%20top%20of%20his%20game

Did anyone read the article on yahoo that Lakers would try and sign Lebron James over the summer? I know it seems far fetched, but thwey way they explained itseemed pretty resonable which was that when Kobe does Retire who else better to turn the keys over to in Lakerland than Lebron?

Originally Posted by DARTH DNZY

--Luke Walton has that deep, monotone voice too. People might be fallin asleep during the broadcast. We'll see.
--
laugh.gif
at the aftermath of the thread where dude was askin if the Lakers were playin 82 home games this season...

--Finally gameday.
smokin.gif

SMH...straight player hater.

Back
Top Bottom