[::OFFICIAL LAKERS 2010-11' SEASON THREAD Vol. It Was Fun While It Lasted::]

Originally Posted by mjrod1985

This lost got me really angry & stressed out... Good thing I went out for an hour jog/power walk to calm me down...
dude its just sports
laugh.gif
u dont wanna get high blood pressure now over a damn game

omg if we get swept we wont hear the end of it from mavs fans and laker haters
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by shatterkneesinc

Originally Posted by DTruth07

I was listening to espn radio and apparently Gasol and his girlfriend broke up...is there any truth to this?

Pau 
30t6p3b.gif

i mean 2 years ago we found out that dirks "girl" is a dirty swindler but that didnt stop him from destroying kenyon martin 
QTF!
I was just talking about this a couple days ago.  Man-up you freakin fake 7 footer!

Originally Posted by jbone2308

Originally Posted by shatterkneesinc

I was listening to espn radio and apparently Gasol and his girlfriend broke up...is there any truth to this?

Pau 
30t6p3b.gif

i mean 2 years ago we found out that dirks "girl" is a dirty swindler but that didnt stop him from destroying kenyon martin 
QTF!
I was just talking about this a couple days ago.  Man-up you freakin fake 7 footer!

Probably that's the reason why.  His focus aint in basketball now hmmm...someone find out some info 
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by DARTH DNZY

Originally Posted by shoeking2101

--Welp, that ended well. Good luck to the Mavericks in the WCF.
--If I make the Off-season thread right now will it get locked up? The Lakers are pretty much done-zo.

--Dallas is clearly the better team.
--Kobe is done. Past his prime. Gasol had a good 3 yr run. But his jersey wont be retired into the rafters.
--Parade in South Beach this June. If I'm wrong I will never post on NT. Ever again. Forever.

eek.gif

Quoted

--Quoted again for emphasis.
--If I'm wrong about the HEAT winning it all this year I will ban myself from NT for good.
--I got other things to work on like my graphic novel and my career and all that anyways.

His Jersey shall be burned in his locker and he will be banished from the kingdom of LA.

As for the second thing bolded, hit me up in pm we need to talk.  Graphic Novel you say?
happy.gif

After sleeping this one off, I have new found, probably misguided and delusional, faith in my Lakers. I refuse to believe that they will just go out like a punk of suckas. We just need an all out Game 7 type effort on Friday, because right now that's the only thing that matters, not down 0-2, just get the next game and we'll worry about the rest afterwards.

If Pau could just give us ONE 20-10 game it would make things a whole lost easier but considering he hasn't done it the entire playoffs, I don't know if that is likely to happen at all.

So as unlikely as it seems and pie in the sky as it may be with how they are playing currently, I still believe this team has what it takes to finish this thing the right way. I would think that if nothing else, pride, would kick in at some point and just say enough is enough. If the Lakers at least put up a fight and then still eventually bow out, I at least would be able to say they gave it their best shot, Dallas was just better, but I've yet to see the real Laker team show up. They always tell us they play the best when their backs are against the wall, well, let's see...

Keep it positive guys and GO LAKERS!!!

Pau 
30t6p3b.gif
I can totally see this being the reason, if true.
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
 Pau.

pau clearly does not want to be out there, he looks like he has no interest in basketball right now. the girlfriend thing is a vicious theory though, could be true but i doubt anyone knows much about his personal life. tmz?

We all worried about Kobe or even Bynum breaking down from the deep runs, but maybe it's gotten to Pau first.

Originally Posted by knightngale

The lakers are not dominating because their competition IMPROVED.  

Basically.  This isn't the same Mavs team from the past.  They're extremely deep, and every player is capable of being effective on the court in some way.  Their guards are play makers, and great shooters, and their big men are legit.  As grim as things are looking, there's no way that I could say that this series is over yet, though.  You guys definitely have a chance.  Friday is a must win (obviously).

Originally Posted by CJ616

Basically.  This isn't the same Mavs team from the past.  They're extremely deep, and every player is capable of being effective on the court in some way.  Their guards are play makers, and great shooters, and their big men are legit.  As grim as things are looking, there's no way that I could say that this series is over yet, though.  You guys definitely have a chance.  Friday is a must win (obviously).
--They maybe maybe have a chance of winning 1. maybe even 2. But Lakers are NOT winning 4 of the next possible 5.
--In other words...its over.

--They maybe maybe have a chance of winning 1. maybe even 2. But Lakers are NOT winning 4 of the next possible 5.
--In other words...its over.

Basically. Kupchak has a huge job on his hands this summer. If he doesn't do anything to improve this team, whether it be the PG position or just the bench, the window will have closed. Its unbelievable the lack of production Gasol has given the team. If what they are saying about Gasol and his girlfriend breaking up is true, he's softer than I thought. The Dwight to LA rumors are going to be swirling heavily after the playoffs. I never liked Andrew Bynum and hated the fact he got an extension with his bum knee. If I was GM, I'd offer him along with picks to the Magic for Dwight in a sign and trade. Something has to be done though about the current make up of the team. This is easily Phil Jackson's worst coaching job. Easily.

if the Lakers don't win this series, they might as well plan the parade in South Beach.

maybe it's just me but the hate and the negativity the Lakers get in their own city is rediculous. im not saying everyone has to like and support the home team by any means necessary but why go out of your way to constantly hate and be negative. it's funny because most of these dudes stay supporting the dodgers throughout all their struggles and problems and wear that blue dodger fitted faithfully but love seeing the Lakers fail and these are dudes who lived in LA their entire life talkin about "I don't like the Lakers, they win too much" you don't see this in pittsburgh with the steelers, in green bay with the packers, in new york with the yankees etc.

baseball wise, i've been a mets fan since i was little and i live in area surrounded by dodger fans. i could care less about them, i don't want to see them lose nor do i want to see them win, and if they ever win the world series, i wouldn't go out of my way to hate and be negative and try to ruin it for those enjoying it, but i wouldn't act like i was a fan of them either.

On paper, our bench looks pretty solid, but I'm not sure whether we have a better bench than the Heat.  Aside from LO, no one brings anything to the table.

Originally Posted by Cedric Ceballos 1995 Lakers

if the Lakers don't win this series, they might as well plan the parade in South Beach.

--Ding ding ding ding ding ding ding.
--South Beach is where its gonna be at in June.
pimp.gif

--Its not about having faith. Its about just knowing when you're times up/facing reality.

--Game 3...I'm not even gonna bother watching. The Dallas crowd will be rocking. Dallas will ride that energy to a convincing victory.
--Mavericks 102 Lakers 87 Final

the hell with that, if the lakers are going out, as a fan im going out guns blazing. darth tried doom and gloom and i tried the arrogant laker fan role and neither worked so i'll just make it short and sweet.

this series is tied 2-2 come sunday.

don't ask me how, both games could be 1 point wins for all i care but this series will be tied 2-2 come 3:30pm sunday.

i want to think positively about next 2 games but the way lakers has been playing gives me no hope at all. Pau was lost, Ron didn't hit shot, Odom couldn't make layups, the killer B's contributed nothing. Our defensive was a joke as well as offensive. I dont quit yet but just want to prepare for the worst scenario. game 3 is a must win.

Well.......we got em right where we want em? 
nerd.gif

No? 

laugh.gif
  Ok, maybe not. 

Yeah, not a good look my friends, not a good look.  I was honestly at a loss for words sitting there last night.  Like, I was so sure we were going to win, all the way down to like 2-3 minutes left, it was probably the weirdest game I have ever seen us play.  We played HORRIBLE, and we're down 6 with 7 minutes to go. 
ohwell.gif
laugh.gif

Dallas didn't play great, but they played pretty good.  And we were garbage, NINE missed free throws?  18 missed 3's.......
sick.gif
  And yet, down 6 with 7 minutes.  How did we not find our way in this one? 
30t6p3b.gif

I don't know what's going on.  Maybe my worst fears are coming true, I said in one of my last posts from last year, nobody goes to 4 straight finals.  It simply doesn't happen.  Not since Boston 84-87 and lo and behold, they lost in 87, they were outta gas.  It's lookin like that now.  We look gassed.

Holden tweeted last night that this was our 403rd game in the last 4 seasons.  This was Dallas's 357th.  Almost 50 extra playoff games more for us.  Something like 6 extra months of playoff basketball. 
And if you look at who's left.  Memphis, no playoffs last year, OKC, out in first round, Dallas, out in first round, Miami, out in first round, Chicago, out in first round, Atlanta out in second round........that's crazy.  All these teams were done by the first week of May or sooner last year.  We were done on June 19th.  For the 3rd year in a row. 

I don't know if we have anything left in the tank, but I think we do.  IF, and I say if, we can get a solid game together, good effort, make free throws, hit at least a couple more 3's, play better defense on the rest of the guys, and not force our entire D on Dirk, just let him do his thing and slow everyone else up, then maybe we can get game 3, and put a little doubt in the minds of Dallas, who appear to be gaining confidence. 

If we get beat down in game 3, we'll have our answers.  If we win, then we can make a series of it. 

Back
Top Bottom