Official Lakers at Clippers Thread 2/23 7:30 PST

way to not give pau any credit for ur increase in play lamar, talkin bout "its that all star rest"
tired.gif
tired.gif
tired.gif

Good win, Phil should have got Kobe and Pau out earlier, Odom was a bonafide BEAST (still missing layups though). Let's get another win at Seattletomorrow.

1st in the West
pimp.gif

anyone listen to KCAL interview Lamar post game? he brought up his son, and it just sounds like he's so focused and humbled right now. it feels like hisson's death was so long ago. RIP.

EDIT

and to TheHealthInspector.
he did mention Pau, it was after he mentioned that all star break and his son.

thanks for the feed, i dont live in LA so i dont get any Laker games. Nice win, hopefully seattle will be the same way.

Originally Posted by Derrtay

anyone listen to KCAL interview Lamar post game? he brought up his son, and it just sounds like he's so focused and humbled right now. it feels like his son's death was so long ago. RIP.

EDIT

and to TheHealthInspector.
he did mention Pau, it was after he mentioned that all star break and his son.

yeah i heard that, but that was after when the interviewer was like "u guys mentioned the acquisition of pau, tell me about what thats done foru" - im talkin bout the first question kevin asked when he was like "ur playin some of ur best ball right now lamar, give us some insight on whatsbeen goin on and helping u" - we ALL know that that was a direct lead into a pau answer but instead he gotta come throught with this "its this allstar rest u know, first time i gotten this rest in 2 yrs, my bodys right, my minds right" - homie u aint been in the all star game these last 2 years sowhat else u been doin

Oh well .. The game turned out pretty much how I expected it to, especially with Cassell and Kaman out .. Thornton and Maggette played fairly well, but ofcourse we needed more than that against the Lakers .. I'm still a little disappointed that we didn't make any moves before the deadline
ohwell.gif

Anyways, this was actually the first time I've watched the Lakers play since the addition of Gasol .. Now I see why teams went into panic mode before thetrade deadline .. This team is scary .. And they're arguably the deepest team in the league .. And to think that they're playing this well withoutBynum and Ariza
embarassed.gif
.. If the team stays healthy, I honestlydon't see anyone beating them in a 7 game series ..

The Lakers and their fans have a reason to be excited .. Good luck the rest of the way
smile.gif
.. Should be exciting ..

Originally Posted by JsindaA

Ya'll be goin in on Luke....he makes good plays more often than not...it's just his shot. Hideous.....he's still more of a plus than a negative

no no no no no no no no

he is a horrible defender and apart from not being able to make jumpers or layups, he rarely connects on his passes

reason being is that he wants to make spectacular passes all the time and it rarely works and leads to a lot of turnovers

he is a negative

Originally Posted by knightngale

Originally Posted by JsindaA

Ya'll be goin in on Luke....he makes good plays more often than not...it's just his shot. Hideous.....he's still more of a plus than a negative

no no no no no no no no

he is a horrible defender and apart from not being able to make jumpers or layups, he rarely connects on his passes

reason being is that he wants to make spectacular passes all the time and it rarely works and leads to a lot of turnovers

he is a negative

THANK YOU

Just as recently as last november, games like these, i would always be anxious to see the result (since i didn't watch it)...i would always have thatslight nervousness that we might've lost....

nowadays, i check the scores, and it's almost expected. I haven't felt this way about our team since Mailman and GP joined the bandwagon. Veryrefreshing...hopefully we keep this up the rest of the way and stay injury free as well.

Great game, Turiaf vs. Dikau was
laugh.gif
. Lakers should win tomorrow and blow out the sonics by the second quarter. I don't think the Sonics could or eventry to pick out our defense by doing the pick n' roll with Collison and Ridnour like they did to Kwame back in January. Lakers are on fire, go Lakers.

I just home from the game tonight and had a great time @ Staples.Like I said earlier this was a Clipper home game but the game felt like a Laker home becausethe Laker fans out numbered the Clipper fans tonight.

Kobe played like CRAP tonight.Bad shooting game, was playing matador defense on Mobley & Maggette tonight and picked up 5 fouls.But the nice thing is thatthe Lakers are so deep as team right now where a night like this other guys like Gasol, Odom, & Farmar can now step up and pick up the scoring load whenKobe has an off night.The only good thing I can say about how Kobe played tonight was that he had 7 assists in the game.DFish & Sasha also started off coldand bricked like their first 6 shots each in the first half, but it's a good thing that during the 3rd quarter they both caught fire and both hit likethree 3 pointers in a row.Gasol & Odom were just beasts tonight against the Clippers weak front court of Aaron Williams & Josh Powell who had no answerfor Gasol.Odom got like 4 and 1 plays tonight beacuse he was just dominating in the low post tonight.

I also talked to a couple Clipper fan in my section and they were all telling me this "Yeah all we are playing for now is what lottery pick we will end upwith after this season"
laugh.gif
one of the Clipper fans was checking the scoreboard to see how the Timberwolves & Heat did tonight
laugh.gif
. I also bought 2dope Laker shirts and a 3 60th anniversary patches @ the team LA store before the game.I will post pics of the shirts I coped tommrow.

Originally Posted by Kidskillz858

Kobe played like CRAP tonight.Bad shooting game, was playing matador defense on Mobley & Maggette tonight and picked up 5 fouls.But the nice thing is that the Lakers are so deep as team right now where a night like this other guys like Gasol, Odom, & Farmar can now step up and pick up the scoring load when Kobe has an off night.The only good thing I can say about how Kobe played tonight was that he had 7 assists in the game.DFish & Sasha also started off cold and bricked like their first 6 shots each in the first half, but it's a good thing that during the 3rd quarter they both caught fire and both hit like three 3 pointers in a row.Gasol & Odom were just beasts tonight against the Clippers weak front court of Aaron Williams & Josh Powell who had no answer for Gasol.Odom got like 4 and 1 plays tonight beacuse he was just dominating in the low post tonight.

bad shooting game? boy took 11 shots, went 5 for 11, people were expecting him to avg 25 shots a game this season and said they wanted him to lower it to20

Originally Posted by TheHealthInspector

Kobe played like CRAP tonight.Bad shooting game, was playing matador defense on Mobley & Maggette tonight and picked up 5 fouls.But the nice thing is that the Lakers are so deep as team right now where a night like this other guys like Gasol, Odom, & Farmar can now step up and pick up the scoring load when Kobe has an off night.The only good thing I can say about how Kobe played tonight was that he had 7 assists in the game.DFish & Sasha also started off cold and bricked like their first 6 shots each in the first half, but it's a good thing that during the 3rd quarter they both caught fire and both hit like three 3 pointers in a row.Gasol & Odom were just beasts tonight against the Clippers weak front court of Aaron Williams & Josh Powell who had no answer for Gasol.Odom got like 4 and 1 plays tonight beacuse he was just dominating in the low post tonight.

bad shooting game? boy took 11 shots, went 5 for 11, people were expecting him to avg 25 shots a game this season and said they wanted him to lower it to 20

Look man I'm a big Kobe fan myself but at the same time there are times where you clearly have to call things the way you see them and crtizie aplayer.Does this make me a hippo crit no? No.With that being said your reaction to part of my post is one of the many reason why Laker haters, Kobe haters, andsome Laker fans view some Laker fans as Kobe riders or Kobe fans first instead of Laker fans.I wasnt totaly bashing Kobe, I said he had a off shooting nightwhich every players has and goes through.

^5-11 is 45 percent from the field. Kobe's average is 46 percent. I think that's all the poster above you was saying...it was a normal shooting nightfor him, not bad by any means.

Look man I'm a big Kobe fan myself but at the same time there are times where you clearly have to call things the way you see them and crtizie a player.Does this make me a hippo crit no? No.With that being said your reaction to part of my post is one of the many reason why Laker haters, Kobe haters, and some Laker fans view some Laker fans as Kobe riders or Kobe fans first instead of Laker fans.I wasnt totaly bashing Kobe, I said he had a off shooting night which every players has and goes through.

im just saying, i dont think he played like crap at all, im glad dude realizes that he aint got the weight of the world on his shoulders no more, im alsoglad to see games where hes only taking under 15 shots - i just feel u couldnt have asked him to play any better
- maybe i misunderstood ur statement and what u meant to say was "kobe played like crap seeing as how hes kobe" but it is what it is and it says"kobe played like crap"

Originally Posted by Kobefan23

^5-11 is 45 percent from the field. Kobe's average is 46 percent. I think that's all the poster above you was saying...it was a normal shooting night for him, not bad by any means.
yup i agree.

now if he went 8 for 26 like he use to then thats playing like crap.

his shot selection is just money right now. hes playing very unselfish basketball right now.

Originally Posted by bobby24K

Originally Posted by Slow Motion G35

or sign this guy, hated him on the spurs, but he can provide a few plays a game

Brent Barry will be free soon. The Sonics have waived him, and he can sign with any team after a 48-hour period.

Any team except the Spurs, of course. Because they traded him, they wouldn't be able to re-sign him for 30 days.

Hey if we can sign Brent I say yeah, another 3 point shooter wouldn't hurt and it would mean less time for Luke on the floor. It would be good to keep him away from PHX, DAL, SA as well
tongue.gif

BINGO. sign him just for the hell of it.

i just home from the game tonight and had a great time @ Staples.Like I said earlier this was a Clipper home game but the game felt like a Laker home because the Laker fans out numbered the Clipper fans tonight.

I also talked to a couple Clipper fan in my section and they were all telling me this "Yeah all we are playing for now is what lottery pick we will end up with after this season"
laugh.gif
one of the Clipper fans was checking the scoreboard to see how the Timberwolves & Heat did tonight
laugh.gif
. I also bought 2 dope Laker shirts and a 3 60th anniversary patches @ the team LA store before the game.I will post pics of the shirts I coped tommrow.

i agree man. i would be mad too if i went to a laker game and dint see kobe drop 30 or something .. hahah

but nah.. he dint even play like crap, he dint even have to play good for us to win ..
5-11 is good conisderign we won by 18 ..

Back
Top Bottom