Official Lakers at Suns Game 4| Lakers lead (2-1)

Originally Posted by Mamba MVP

I think Darth is just using some of that reverse psychology
laugh.gif
i totally forgot he does this

my bad darth
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by WALTER MERCADO

95rcw1.jpg
Move of the series...my man dfish got freaked so hard he had to try and pull dragic down
roll.gif

Good win by the suns but IMO the Lakers close this out in 6...they'll figure out the zone (QUIT SHOOTING SO MANY CONTESTED JUMPERS) and they'll close it out. 

Originally Posted by NoReasonableDoubt

Originally Posted by Liquor Poker

Originally Posted by DARTH DNZY

smh.gif
--Im not an analyst. But PHX got this. I dont see their shooting cooling down anytime soon.
--And the Lakers cant overcome the zone overnight. As proven last night.
You a btch. This isn't even about being "real" and "objective" when analyzing the series.

It's 2-2 and you throwing in the towel? With that attitude you don't deserve to celebrate anything should the lakers take it all this year.

Fan card revoked as far as I'm concerned.

haha, he does this to give the Lakers luck.... but the rest of you
If that's the case...

Saying that "it wasnt the refs at all, it was all on the lakers. cant make excuses" is as much a cop out answer as "it was all the refs"

#$#+ gets annoying when your team is getting hacked and being set on illegal picks alllll game, how does that not go into the overall feel of the game.

Originally Posted by Cedric Ceballos 1995 Lakers

ClevelandsPrince23 wrote:

quick question  that's un Lakers/Suns related.   How do you live in Cleveland and like the Ravens. I'm just curious, I'm not trying to get on you or nothing about that but I coulda swore everyone in Cleveland despised the Ravens for them leaving Cleveland back in 1995

Alright man basically when i was like 12, I got mad at my family and printed out a Ravens logo only to glue it on my shirt.  The Browns-Ravens game was on and I rooted for the Ravens out of anger.  Baltimore won, and ever since then they have been my team.  Still talk @!%% to my fam whenever they play.  I love it 
laugh.gif

Kobe better not drop off this next game in LA. I can't imagine how LA will look if he has a bad night. He's played AMAZING in phx.

SMH @ the rest of the lakers.

Suns
pimp.gif
. Now that's bench play
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by knightngale

for a soft and finesse team like the suns to be getting so many free throws is ridiculous

how can you attempt nearly 30 3 pointers per game and still be awarded 30+ free throws per game?
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
smh.gif
Soft team? Which one? I'm sure you watched the game, but the big men of the Lakers like Gasol, Bynum, and Odom were not attacking inside. Amare on the other hand was attacking Gasol with his quickness. Kobe was amazing as usual, but he was knocking down three-pointers and tough fadeaways, not exactly a recipe for free-throws. If the Lakers break the zone then there will be more potential for free-throws.  

Originally Posted by westcoastsfinest

Originally Posted by DARTH DNZY

smh.gif
--Im not an analyst. But PHX got this. I dont see their shooting cooling down anytime soon.
--And the Lakers cant overcome the zone overnight. As proven last night.
wow

i expected more from you darth...you do know its 2-2 tied
worry when if we get down 2-3

indifferent.gif

BINGO!!!

Darth
smh.gif

From what i can see is that the zone is not really the problem. Its getting back finding you man and them damn pick and pops. LA better come out with the guns blazin on Thursday

The Lakers need to lock down on D... There is no reason after seeing the first 2 games this should be a 2-2 series right now.

And if i remember correctly, the Lakers, specifically Lamar Odom got 2 Delay of Game's for the same thing the suns do every play. I'm not blaming the ref's for the game because PHX 2nd unit torched us, but i need 2 hands to count how many times Amerie gets away with a travel.

Originally Posted by FrenchBlue23

Originally Posted by DesertDunk 34

i could be mistaken but dont they just throw the ball to the ref?
nerd.gif
I always hated this, the fact that they even grab the ball after they score irritates me.  Even in rec leagues.
QFT. Especially since pace plays so much of a factor in basketball than any other sport - somebody holding the ball for just that split second can throw things off.

Originally Posted by JinKazama

Originally Posted by WALTER MERCADO

95rcw1.jpg
Move of the series...my man dfish got freaked so hard he had to try and pull dragic down
roll.gif

Goodwin by the suns but IMO the Lakers close this out in 6...they'll figureout the zone (QUIT SHOOTING SO MANY CONTESTED JUMPERS) and they'llclose it out.

Figure out the zone? How does one figure out a zone? I could tell you exactly where they can attack the Suns zone to get easy buckets.

Every zone defense has soft spots - ball rotation and the middle of the floor. The Lakers had plenty of open looks last night but couldn't knock them down

Originally Posted by nicedudewithnicedreams

Originally Posted by knightngale

for a soft and finesse team like the suns to be getting so many free throws is ridiculous

how can you attempt nearly 30 3 pointers per game and still be awarded 30+ free throws per game?
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
smh.gif
Softteam? Which one? I'm sure you watched the game, but the big men of theLakers like Gasol, Bynum, and Odom were not attacking inside. Amare onthe other hand was attacking Gasol with his quickness. Kobe was amazingas usual, but he was knocking down three-pointers and tough fadeaways,not exactly a recipe for free-throws. If the Lakers break the zone thenthere will be more potential for free-throws.  
knightngale - Please watch the game next time. The officiating has been bad, but it hasn't been uneven. Games 3 and 4 the Suns drove to the hoop much more often than the Lakers did. That, and Amare was attacking the rim.

Suns bench is never going to do that again, Channing Frye had a hell of a game but I literally can not stand seeing a 7 footer strictly sit at the 3pt line. Hes a good shooter dont get me wrong but it makes my stomach turn a little to be honest
laugh.gif
.. if I was 7ft in the NBA i'd be Shaq-Attacking %!+%%#!!*+$#+ as often as i could.

If PHX's bench does that the whole series, and they offensive rebound like they did then theres no doubt in my mind PHX will win the NBA title this year.. no joke, they were playing out of this world last night..

Kobe once again absolutely destroyed this Suns team, the zone defense isnt whats giving us problems. Its giving up offensive rebounds, having NO sense of urgency on defense. We really have not had a good stretch of defense in both games in PHX.

Though we shot 49% from the field.. Jordan, Shannon, Artest all take some of the dumbest shots I ever see, on a NIGHTLY basis. These shots KILL any rhythm we may have going.

Pound the MF'ing ball into Gasol, get the high low game going with him and Bynum/Odom. Kobe will get his, Farmar and Shannon need to contribute.. its tough to win a game (let alone a series) when not only do they not make any plays, but they are affecting us even more negatively but taking bad shots, missing open shots, turnovers, not boxing out, etc.

If we want to win, we gotta keep them below 110 points IMO

Originally Posted by tmoney85

Saying that "it wasnt the refs at all, it was all on the lakers. cant make excuses" is as much a cop out answer as "it was all the refs"

#$#+ gets annoying when your team is getting hacked and being set on illegal picks alllll game, how does that not go into the overall feel of the game.
Sure it's annoying, but since you are a fan of the Lakers... Um what? We talking about refs and Lakers here? You should be happy more than annoyed when we talking about that. I think the Lakers will respond in Game 5 so all that "annoyance" will be gone anyways. 

Originally Posted by Drizzyd

Suns bench is never going to do that again, Channing Frye had a hell of a game but I literally can not stand seeing a 7 footer strictly sit at the 3pt line. Hes a good shooter dont get me wrong but it makes my stomach turn a little to be honest
laugh.gif
.. if I was 7ft in the NBA i'd be Shaq-Attacking %!+%%#!!*+$#+ as often as i could.

If PHX's bench does that the whole series, and they offensive rebound like they did then theres no doubt in my mind PHX will win the NBA title this year.. no joke, they were playing out of this world last night..

Kobe once again absolutely destroyed this Suns team, the zone defense isnt whats giving us problems. Its giving up offensive rebounds, having NO sense of urgency on defense. We really have not had a good stretch of defense in both games in PHX.

Though we shot 49% from the field.. Jordan, Shannon, Artest all take some of the dumbest shots I ever see, on a NIGHTLY basis. These shots KILL any rhythm we may have going.

Pound the MF'ing ball into Gasol, get the high low game going with him and Bynum/Odom. Kobe will get his, Farmar and Shannon need to contribute.. its tough to win a game (let alone a series) when not only do they not make any plays, but they are affecting us even more negatively but taking bad shots, missing open shots, turnovers, not boxing out, etc.

If we want to win, we gotta keep them below 110 points IMO

I don't know about the suns bench not doing that ever again. I imagine you haven't seen the suns play all season long
laugh.gif

Figure out the zone? How does one figure out a zone? I could tell you exactly where they can attack the Suns zone to get easy buckets.

Every zone defense has soft spots - ball rotation and the middle of the floor. The Lakers had plenty of open looks last night but couldn't knock them down

Any high school bball player knows how to defeat a 2-3 zone... DOING IT is another thing.  Thus they haven't figured it out.  The suns are forcing the lakers to play their game with the zone.  The Lakers advantage is in the post.  This zone has the lake show jackin up too many 3's, and taking too many jumpers, you can say the Lakers just missed shots (which they have) but to defeat this zone they need exactly what you said ball reversal, getting the ball in the post and kicking it out...BUT instead of taking that open look from 3 the lakers need to attack the basket. 

Collins mentioned it last night and he was right, Fish isn't the driving attacking type, I wonder if we see Kobe start earlier in the game acting as a PG with Fish spotting up.  Kobe can drive and then either kick out, dish down to one of the bigs, or of course, finish humself.  Thing is, Odom needs to be down low, not spotting up like he's Rashard or some @#$%. 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by CP1708

Collins mentioned it last night and he was right, Fish isn't the driving attacking type, I wonder if we see Kobe start earlier in the game acting as a PG with Fish spotting up.  Kobe can drive and then either kick out, dish down to one of the bigs, or of course, finish humself.  Thing is, Odom needs to be down low, not spotting up like he's Rashard or some @#$%. 
laugh.gif

After game 1 and 2, Odom has gone away from what has been working for him.  Eating up some space inside, and getting those easy tip in layups.

We know Fish is not going to drive the ball in, Farmar is too damn in love with the 3 point shot, and Shannon is not making the most of his time on the floor.

Back
Top Bottom