Official: Lakers @ Magic 2/8 4:00PM PST

Originally Posted by spriigan8

I don't understand why Luke is getting so much time (9 min of action tonight). He is clearly nowhere near 100%, and even if he was he'd be a liability out there both offensively and defensively. Much of the Lakers plunge in the 4th was caused by Luke's insertion into the lineup. For the night, he was a -6. He can't shoot, he's hampered by injuries, and he got blocked by Brian Cook. Brian freakin Cook. All his basketball smarts are outweighed by his lack of atheleticism and shooting. We have enough shooters: Vlad, Sasha, and Coby Karl. Hell, Gasol can probably hit the 3 more consistent than Luke. Thankfully his inadequacies didn't cost us another game. End of Luke rant.

i agree, luke is a liability on the floor right now. i wish phil wouldnt put him in the game during close games, especially since he has been playinglately due to injury

good win and good trade for the lakers. they probably would have gotten blown out by 20 if it wasnt for gasol

nice game by pau 12-15 is pretty damn good.

great to see him do well with his new team.

'm sure he'll improve even more once he gets into the swing of things.

Wonder if Mitch can somehow magically trade Puke for Kidd?? Lol.....u know Luke would be happy to be with his best friend, more like lifetime partners tome....lol

^^Agreed, we kept him 3 boards below his season average. If he got those who knows what he would've done with those possessions?

Great game by the Lakers, I'll ignore the 44pts in the first quarter
tongue.gif

Refs gave Lakers a lot of and1s which was uncalled for and called ticky tack fouls on howard. Felt like Refs controlled momentum. Good win but wasnt impressedby officiating.

didnt lamar and kobe score 30 together last year in the playoofs, the game we got eliminated???

i mean say what you will about luke, but i still remember last year when you guys were all showering praises on the guy and awaiting his return from injury.yeah he needs to put more practice in, but i'm not gonna hate on the guy, one of the key reasons for our success early last season was because of thecontributions of luke walton. good win by the lakers btw

Originally Posted by hellofromnyc

i mean say what you will about luke, but i still remember last year when you guys were all showering praises on the guy and awaiting his return from injury. yeah he needs to put more practice in, but i'm not gonna hate on the guy, one of the key reasons for our success early last season was because of the contributions of luke walton. good win by the lakers btw

yeah most people have been praising Luke Walton's high bball IQ and his "great" passing for years. Also how he fits perfectly with thisoffense even though he has ZERO offensive game other than his "great" passing. Not to mention his lack of athleticism and his bad defense and always!*+$$#@ up in the clutch despite his "high bball iq"

I was one of the few Laker fans who went
sick.gif
at the signing as I havenever been impressed by Luke.

6 year contract for 30 mil?
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

luke played so well last season, but has really disappointed me this season.

i'm still a fan of luke but that contract of his is
sick.gif

i think luke's decline in play also has to do with last year he was probably the third best player on the team (after kobe and odom).

but this year he isn't even top six or seven. he's not getting the shots he was getting last year due to the vast improvements of farmar, bynum,sasha (
laugh.gif
), turiaf and the recent additions of gasol and arizasure don't help him either. i thought he would play well with the second unit due to his experience but that has not been the case at all
ohwell.gif

What a great win last night.

It feels so good to know that when kobe passes the ball down low nobody will fumble the ball. Pau and kobe are great together and its just going to get betterwhen drew gets back.

Lamar...man I must say since this trade he has made me look stupid. I wanted to get rid of him so bad. He is showing us what he can be. I hope he continuesthis play. I also hope he keeps this up next year so he can finally make the all star team with kobe. I would love to see kobe with some teamates during theall star game.

Back
Top Bottom