[::Official Lakers Offseason Thread | Vol. Watch out world...we might sign Othello Hunter::]

Some of y'all are over-rating the HELL outta K.Love

I mean dood had a GREAT season....

but c'mon he's an archetype garbage man...you dont trade an elite PF for a elite garbage man.

Some of y'all are over-rating the HELL outta K.Love

I mean dood had a GREAT season....

but c'mon he's an archetype garbage man...you dont trade an elite PF for a elite garbage man.

Originally Posted by PMatic

@KevinDing Spero wanted to be able to keep doing national work on NFL & NCAA hoops; Lakers opposed. Spero will get to as Knicks' TV guy.
The Lakers have hired Bill Macdonald to do TV play-by-play and John Ireland to do radio play-by-play for their local broadcasts in the 2011-12 season.
Spero Dedes had hoped in April a deal would work out for him to move from radio to the Lakers’ TV job. But things changed during negotiations that included Dedes wanting to continue periodic work for CBS on the NFL and college basketball and other national jobs — and Dedes is instead headed to be the TV play-by-play man for the New York Knicks, who will allow him to do some national work.

“We had a verbal agreement with Spero to be our new TV play-by-play announcer,

Originally Posted by PMatic

@KevinDing Spero wanted to be able to keep doing national work on NFL & NCAA hoops; Lakers opposed. Spero will get to as Knicks' TV guy.
The Lakers have hired Bill Macdonald to do TV play-by-play and John Ireland to do radio play-by-play for their local broadcasts in the 2011-12 season.
Spero Dedes had hoped in April a deal would work out for him to move from radio to the Lakers’ TV job. But things changed during negotiations that included Dedes wanting to continue periodic work for CBS on the NFL and college basketball and other national jobs — and Dedes is instead headed to be the TV play-by-play man for the New York Knicks, who will allow him to do some national work.

“We had a verbal agreement with Spero to be our new TV play-by-play announcer,

Originally Posted by Krazyrodzilla

Originally Posted by jbone2308

So we rather have Gasoft instead of Love?

Love=toughness, great passing, boards galore, jumper, 3's, post move (strong), high IQ, room to grow.

Gasoft=soft. I don't care about his offense we can get that elsewhere with Love and others on the team.

Love/Bynum=Title

Gasoft/Bynum=early exit
Wrong sir, = Back 2 Back titles.
Pay no mind to jbone, he turned in his fan card years ago, he was crying so much, he made his own thread about it.  So he'll be forever associated with giving up on the Lakers. 

Originally Posted by Krazyrodzilla

Originally Posted by jbone2308

So we rather have Gasoft instead of Love?

Love=toughness, great passing, boards galore, jumper, 3's, post move (strong), high IQ, room to grow.

Gasoft=soft. I don't care about his offense we can get that elsewhere with Love and others on the team.

Love/Bynum=Title

Gasoft/Bynum=early exit
Wrong sir, = Back 2 Back titles.
Pay no mind to jbone, he turned in his fan card years ago, he was crying so much, he made his own thread about it.  So he'll be forever associated with giving up on the Lakers. 

There was on a rumor on ESPN this morning that Minn was interested in trading the #2 to the Suns for Steve Nash. Anyone interested in trading Gasol, Bynum or LO for Nash? Just throwing it out there.

There was on a rumor on ESPN this morning that Minn was interested in trading the #2 to the Suns for Steve Nash. Anyone interested in trading Gasol, Bynum or LO for Nash? Just throwing it out there.

So we give up our ENTIRE front line for D12 and 6th man of the year...no sir. Could Kobe and D12 win the title next year in a shortened season, possibly; but Gil's contract is too damn horrendous. If he had a team option instead of player option for 2012, I'd say maybe do it cause that would free up $20 million in cap space and maybe these guys could go after CP3 or D-Will if they're a free agent in 2012.

Hell, Bynum/Odom/Pau for D12/Bass/Jameer is a much better deal and I don't even like that.

So we give up our ENTIRE front line for D12 and 6th man of the year...no sir. Could Kobe and D12 win the title next year in a shortened season, possibly; but Gil's contract is too damn horrendous. If he had a team option instead of player option for 2012, I'd say maybe do it cause that would free up $20 million in cap space and maybe these guys could go after CP3 or D-Will if they're a free agent in 2012.

Hell, Bynum/Odom/Pau for D12/Bass/Jameer is a much better deal and I don't even like that.

Love is younger, hasn't had questions of toughness unlike Pau, and makes a lot less than him to boot.

0% chance Love gets dealt.

Love is younger, hasn't had questions of toughness unlike Pau, and makes a lot less than him to boot.

Originally Posted by franchise3

This is the Lakers thread. GET OUT OF HERE WITH THAT LOGIC AND REASONING!

Originally Posted by franchise3

This is the Lakers thread. GET OUT OF HERE WITH THAT LOGIC AND REASONING!

LOL @ talk of offering the #2 pick for Bynum. Chad Ford said on BS report that the best offer for that pick that he's heard is Marcin Gortat and the #13
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

LOL @ talk of offering the #2 pick for Bynum. Chad Ford said on BS report that the best offer for that pick that he's heard is Marcin Gortat and the #13
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Dudes really overreacting now. This is the same stuff people were saying in 08 about Gasol and he helped them get 2 rings.
laugh.gif

He does turn soft at the wrong times but he was a big piece to bringing the Lakers back. Unless its for Dwight Gasol and Bynum aint going nowhere.

Dudes really overreacting now. This is the same stuff people were saying in 08 about Gasol and he helped them get 2 rings.
laugh.gif

He does turn soft at the wrong times but he was a big piece to bringing the Lakers back. Unless its for Dwight Gasol and Bynum aint going nowhere.

Originally Posted by Maximus Meridius

laugh.gif

QFT.. We really need to address the PG spot more than anything.. I feel like that's the only way teams have been killing the Lakers. That plus the bench play.. Wish we still had Farmar.. Not really starting material but better than Blake

Originally Posted by Maximus Meridius

laugh.gif

QFT.. We really need to address the PG spot more than anything.. I feel like that's the only way teams have been killing the Lakers. That plus the bench play.. Wish we still had Farmar.. Not really starting material but better than Blake

At this point I'd rather just head into next season with an improved bench, and a new starting PG..........some of these recent trade scenarios are just flat out crazy

At this point I'd rather just head into next season with an improved bench, and a new starting PG..........some of these recent trade scenarios are just flat out crazy

Originally Posted by thachosen123

Tell me about it. We'll be fine with the same core of players.

Back
Top Bottom