[::Official Lakers Offseason Thread | Vol. Watch out world...we might sign Othello Hunter::]

laugh.gif

why would kobe give this girl a ring?

Debate on 710 this afternoon; Ireland wants to start LO at the 1, and keep the rest the same...

Fish would still get his 22-26 mins, but the bench would be terrible...and how would you match up with the quick small pg's?

What u guys think?

Debate on 710 this afternoon; Ireland wants to start LO at the 1, and keep the rest the same...

Fish would still get his 22-26 mins, but the bench would be terrible...and how would you match up with the quick small pg's?

What u guys think?

[h1]
[h1]Kobe Bryant might take part in exhibition games in China[/h1]
Kobe Bryant may take his talents to China during the NBA's lockout.

There are preliminary talks about a basketball tour to China this summer — and perhaps beyond — in which the Lakers superstar, who has called China a "home away from home" and has an enormous following there, would be the headliner with several other NBA stars forming two or three barnstorming teams.

Bryant and his agent Rob Pelinka are trying to put together the tour, said Minnesota Timberwolvesrookie forward Derrick Williams, who also is represented by Pelinka.

Williams said several clients of Pelinka's agency, the Landmark Sports Agency, could be involved in the tour.

"Hopefully I would be able to do that because I've never been out of the country and I think that would be the best thing for me," said Williams, the former La Mirada High and University of Arizona star who was drafted second overall in June's NBA draft.

Pelinka's agency lists 18 NBA players as clients, includingClippers Chris Kaman and Eric Gordon, along with former USC star and Memphis Grizzlies guard O.J. Mayo, andChicago Bulls forward Carlos Boozer.

If the barnstorming tour happens, the games are likely to take place at the state-of-the-art Mercedes-Benz Arena in Shanghai. Bryant signed a three-year deal with Mercedes-Benz in February to become the brand ambassador for Smart micro cars in China and he has already been featured in a TV commercial for the car.

Pelinka declined to comment.

One interesting name on the potential list of NBA players on the tour is Lakers guard Derek Fisher, who is a Pelinka client.

Fisher is also the president of the NBA players union, which has battled the owners in a lengthy labor dispute that culminated with the owners imposing a lockout of players at 9:01 p.m. PDT Thursday, when the previous labor agreement expired.

It's unclear how long the lockout will last.

If Fisher took part in an overseas tour, it could be seen as a slap in the face to the NBA.

"I can't tell you he wouldn't be interested in [the tour], but as of right now that's not something that's being brought to our attention at all," said Jamie Wior, Fisher's publicist.
[/h1]
Link:

http://www.latimes.com/sports/basketball/nba/lakers/la-sp-kobe-bryant-china-20110702,0,4529980.story

30t6p3b.gif

Damn Mamba you need to use this lockout & time off to rest up and get healthy.

Now I see why those Odom for #2 pick rumors were coming up before the draft. Kobe & his agent were the ones pushing for the deal to happen.

[h1]
[h1]Kobe Bryant might take part in exhibition games in China[/h1]
Kobe Bryant may take his talents to China during the NBA's lockout.

There are preliminary talks about a basketball tour to China this summer — and perhaps beyond — in which the Lakers superstar, who has called China a "home away from home" and has an enormous following there, would be the headliner with several other NBA stars forming two or three barnstorming teams.

Bryant and his agent Rob Pelinka are trying to put together the tour, said Minnesota Timberwolvesrookie forward Derrick Williams, who also is represented by Pelinka.

Williams said several clients of Pelinka's agency, the Landmark Sports Agency, could be involved in the tour.

"Hopefully I would be able to do that because I've never been out of the country and I think that would be the best thing for me," said Williams, the former La Mirada High and University of Arizona star who was drafted second overall in June's NBA draft.

Pelinka's agency lists 18 NBA players as clients, includingClippers Chris Kaman and Eric Gordon, along with former USC star and Memphis Grizzlies guard O.J. Mayo, andChicago Bulls forward Carlos Boozer.

If the barnstorming tour happens, the games are likely to take place at the state-of-the-art Mercedes-Benz Arena in Shanghai. Bryant signed a three-year deal with Mercedes-Benz in February to become the brand ambassador for Smart micro cars in China and he has already been featured in a TV commercial for the car.

Pelinka declined to comment.

One interesting name on the potential list of NBA players on the tour is Lakers guard Derek Fisher, who is a Pelinka client.

Fisher is also the president of the NBA players union, which has battled the owners in a lengthy labor dispute that culminated with the owners imposing a lockout of players at 9:01 p.m. PDT Thursday, when the previous labor agreement expired.

It's unclear how long the lockout will last.

If Fisher took part in an overseas tour, it could be seen as a slap in the face to the NBA.

"I can't tell you he wouldn't be interested in [the tour], but as of right now that's not something that's being brought to our attention at all," said Jamie Wior, Fisher's publicist.
[/h1]
Link:

http://www.latimes.com/sports/basketball/nba/lakers/la-sp-kobe-bryant-china-20110702,0,4529980.story

30t6p3b.gif

Damn Mamba you need to use this lockout & time off to rest up and get healthy.

Now I see why those Odom for #2 pick rumors were coming up before the draft. Kobe & his agent were the ones pushing for the deal to happen.

Odom had his head somewhere else during the playoffs as well as Pau Gasol. They chose their own fate.

Lamar should of spent a little less time worried about his TV show with the ugly Kardashian and more time trying to make a layup and not doing his classic dissapearing act right in the middle of the playoffs.

Sick of this dude being a no show with all that talent he has.

Odom had his head somewhere else during the playoffs as well as Pau Gasol. They chose their own fate.

Lamar should of spent a little less time worried about his TV show with the ugly Kardashian and more time trying to make a layup and not doing his classic dissapearing act right in the middle of the playoffs.

Originally Posted by Ecook0808

What u guys think?

I still say start Morris at point
wink.gif

Originally Posted by Ecook0808

What u guys think?

I still say start Morris at point
wink.gif

Originally Posted by xsalvioutlawx

this.. sometimes it seems like he cant even buy a basket.. with all the talent he has, he should be the #2 option on the lakers. cause in my opinion he is more skilled than gasol. being 6'11 and being able to dish, handle the ball and also being a southpaw makes him harder to guard. he could've been like KG in his early years, but instead he's never been a solid player. there has always been a knock on his game ever since he got in the league

this.. sometimes it seems like he cant even buy a basket.. with all the talent he has, he should be the #2 option on the lakers. cause in my opinion he is more skilled than gasol. being 6'11 and being able to dish, handle the ball and also being a southpaw makes him harder to guard. he could've been like KG in his early years, but instead he's never been a solid player. there has always been a knock on his game ever since he got in the league

dang, was really hoping kobe would use this summer to just heal up and get strong like he did in 06. dude was diesel as hell loll. but he'll be hooping now smh. so if he doesnt heal, then that means another year of no practice smh lol. comon' mamba

dang, was really hoping kobe would use this summer to just heal up and get strong like he did in 06. dude was diesel as hell loll. but he'll be hooping now smh. so if he doesnt heal, then that means another year of no practice smh lol. comon' mamba

^ That's why I said in another thread that he's screwed.
laugh.gif

This revolutionary surgery that he's having on his knee, someone posted in another thread that they do that surgery at his office all the time, and that the key is rest. I quoted that and said "Well damn. Kobe's screwed."
laugh.gif
... ... ..
30t6p3b.gif

That's just how he is I guess.

laugh.gif

This revolutionary surgery that he's having on his knee, someone posted in another thread that they do that surgery at his office all the time, and that the key is rest. I quoted that and said "Well damn. Kobe's screwed."
laugh.gif
... ... ..
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by TheGoldenChild

Odom has always been one of those dudes that has great talent but he doesnt want to be great. Its still crazy to me that he's never made a All Star team. I wouldnt be surprised if they traded him.

Originally Posted by TheGoldenChild

Odom has always been one of those dudes that has great talent but he doesnt want to be great. Its still crazy to me that he's never made a All Star team. I wouldnt be surprised if they traded him.

Dudes want to slander LO after he had a very good season and won Sixth Man of the Year.

Dudes want to slander LO after he had a very good season and won Sixth Man of the Year.

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
... ... ..
30t6p3b.gif

egggzackleee. they said rest was required.  dude is shooting himself in the foot smh.

Back
Top Bottom