[::Official Lakers Offseason Thread | Vol. Watch out world...we might sign Othello Hunter::]

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

^ That's why I said in another thread that he's screwed.
laugh.gif

This revolutionary surgery that he's having on his knee, someone posted in another thread that they do that surgery at his office all the time, and that the key is rest. I quoted that and said "Well damn. Kobe's screwed."
laugh.gif
... ... ..
30t6p3b.gif

That's just how he is I guess.

egggzackleee. they said rest was required.  dude is shooting himself in the foot smh.

Originally Posted by PMatic

Dudes want to slander LO after he had a very good season and won Sixth Man of the Year.

Nah, he's definitely done some great things for the Lakers but with all the talent he has he should be alot more consistent. He'll have a great 22 12 7 type of game and then dissappear for a while.

Dudes want to slander LO after he had a very good season and won Sixth Man of the Year.

Nah, he's definitely done some great things for the Lakers but with all the talent he has he should be alot more consistent. He'll have a great 22 12 7 type of game and then dissappear for a while.

Originally Posted by Maximus Meridius

I agree LO has been inconsistent throughout his career, but people have to start seeing what he is and not what they want him to be. He's a third or fourth option and not the top option people would like him to be. He just doesn't have the mentality to force things like other players do, which might be the best thing considering the team has Kobe, Pau and Bynum wanting their fair share of shots.

And despite the criticism he gets, he has managed to help separate the Lakers from other teams the past three years due to his talent and versatility.

I agree LO has been inconsistent throughout his career, but people have to start seeing what he is and not what they want him to be. He's a third or fourth option and not the top option people would like him to be. He just doesn't have the mentality to force things like other players do, which might be the best thing considering the team has Kobe, Pau and Bynum wanting their fair share of shots.

And despite the criticism he gets, he has managed to help separate the Lakers from other teams the past three years due to his talent and versatility.

Well put. I have been uber frustrated with Odom in the past but at this point he is what he is and his versatility is a huge X factor for us. I think I said a couple months ago and I still believe that if he had the right mentality he could have been one of the 10 best players EVER. But even though he doesn't and he isn't that doesn't mean he doesn't care or is only concerned about his reality show. His numbers in the playoffs were just about the same per minute as they were in the season, and much less of a dropoff than Kobe's and Pau's were.
Honestly with the way Pau was struggling I think getting Odom some touches down low in place of Pau would have been a good idea, especially with the mismatch he had. Instead when we gave him iso touches it was on the perimeter 
eyes.gif

Well put. I have been uber frustrated with Odom in the past but at this point he is what he is and his versatility is a huge X factor for us. I think I said a couple months ago and I still believe that if he had the right mentality he could have been one of the 10 best players EVER. But even though he doesn't and he isn't that doesn't mean he doesn't care or is only concerned about his reality show. His numbers in the playoffs were just about the same per minute as they were in the season, and much less of a dropoff than Kobe's and Pau's were.
Honestly with the way Pau was struggling I think getting Odom some touches down low in place of Pau would have been a good idea, especially with the mismatch he had. Instead when we gave him iso touches it was on the perimeter 
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by westcoastsfinest

i like LO but iggy is younger and probably much more consistent.
If Philly was even considering this, they are out of their mind.  I don't see how it helps them.

I keep saying this, but I really don't think LO will flourish under Brown so he's movable.

Originally Posted by westcoastsfinest

i like LO but iggy is younger and probably much more consistent.
If Philly was even considering this, they are out of their mind.  I don't see how it helps them.

I keep saying this, but I really don't think LO will flourish under Brown so he's movable.

Dude decides to go on vacation in the middle of the playoffs every season and I should look the other way because he won the sixth man of the year award? 
laugh.gif

Hey Lamar, thanks for a great regular season...I expect you to dissapear when we need you most in the playoffs, but that's ok...You won the sixth man of the year award.

Dude decides to go on vacation in the middle of the playoffs every season and I should look the other way because he won the sixth man of the year award? 
laugh.gif

Hey Lamar, thanks for a great regular season...I expect you to dissapear when we need you most in the playoffs, but that's ok...You won the sixth man of the year award.

someone posted in another thread that they do that surgery at his office all the time, and that the key is rest.

If you're referring to the blood platelet procedure, I read an article saying that doctors encourage activity...

Athletes often begin rehabilitation about a week after the procedure, and it sometimes takes six to eight weeks to fully determine the benefit, said Steven Sampson, a clinical instructor of medicine at UCLA and the founder of the Orthohealing Center in Los Angeles.

“It’s definitely not a prolonged recovery,

someone posted in another thread that they do that surgery at his office all the time, and that the key is rest.

If you're referring to the blood platelet procedure, I read an article saying that doctors encourage activity...

Athletes often begin rehabilitation about a week after the procedure, and it sometimes takes six to eight weeks to fully determine the benefit, said Steven Sampson, a clinical instructor of medicine at UCLA and the founder of the Orthohealing Center in Los Angeles.

“It’s definitely not a prolonged recovery,

Everybody took a vacation after that 17-1 streak after the All Star break.
laugh.gif

Truthfully, I don't think LO was that bad in the playoffs this season, save for a bad moment or two in game 3 against the Mavs. Was it entirely his fault the defensive rotations were slow and shots didn't go in?

Everybody took a vacation after that 17-1 streak after the All Star break.
laugh.gif

Truthfully, I don't think LO was that bad in the playoffs this season, save for a bad moment or two in game 3 against the Mavs. Was it entirely his fault the defensive rotations were slow and shots didn't go in?

For me I look at LO's days in the purple & gold as being enigmatic. Heck the same has been said by a ton of people for his whole damn career.

But yeah I just haven't been a fan of him since we got him in the Shaq trade back in the summer of 04. Most Laker fans see all the talent in him and he will go on stretches where he will put
eek.gif
triple double #'s 2 games then follow it with the next 5 games with lazy half *%%'ed performances.

Yeah I know he balls like crazy whenever Bynum when went down with injuries and yeah he played great last summer in the world championships for team USA . Yeah he's probably the most unselfish & versatile player in the league right now.

But his inconsistent play and mental mistakes over the years just make me not want to cheer for him. Also at the same time he's not getting any younger and him & Bynum are the only real trade able guys that other teams want right now.

For me I look at LO's days in the purple & gold as being enigmatic. Heck the same has been said by a ton of people for his whole damn career.

But yeah I just haven't been a fan of him since we got him in the Shaq trade back in the summer of 04. Most Laker fans see all the talent in him and he will go on stretches where he will put
eek.gif
triple double #'s 2 games then follow it with the next 5 games with lazy half *%%'ed performances.

Yeah I know he balls like crazy whenever Bynum when went down with injuries and yeah he played great last summer in the world championships for team USA . Yeah he's probably the most unselfish & versatile player in the league right now.

But his inconsistent play and mental mistakes over the years just make me not want to cheer for him. Also at the same time he's not getting any younger and him & Bynum are the only real trade able guys that other teams want right now.

Back
Top Bottom