[::Official Lakers Offseason Thread | Vol. Watch out world...we might sign Othello Hunter::]

Dunleavy has been a cancer every he has gone to. Anyone but him and shaw. i would prefer a defensive minded coach because we have enough offense already.

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

ZBo is a waste of your breath. That dude is pure garbage. He will get his double doubles every night, but will kill your teams hopes every night doing so. The man is a cancer, a black hole, a bad teammate, a loser. The JailBlazers gave up on him. The Isiah Knicks traded for him. The Clippers traded him.........you seeing the pattern I'm goin with here? And now he looks down at his shirt and sees "Grizzlies"
Yikes!
laugh.gif

wink.gif

Is this me? 
nerd.gif
laugh.gif

Who gave this quote?  Cuz it sounds like something I would say, I just don't remember if I ever did go off on Zach like that before.
embarassed.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

ZBo is a waste of your breath. That dude is pure garbage. He will get his double doubles every night, but will kill your teams hopes every night doing so. The man is a cancer, a black hole, a bad teammate, a loser. The JailBlazers gave up on him. The Isiah Knicks traded for him. The Clippers traded him.........you seeing the pattern I'm goin with here? And now he looks down at his shirt and sees "Grizzlies"
Yikes!
laugh.gif

wink.gif

Is this me? 
nerd.gif
laugh.gif

Who gave this quote?  Cuz it sounds like something I would say, I just don't remember if I ever did go off on Zach like that before.
embarassed.gif
laugh.gif

It's a Knicks fan bashing him if im not mistaken. I have a few names in mind, but i can't be positive
laugh.gif

It's a Knicks fan bashing him if im not mistaken. I have a few names in mind, but i can't be positive
laugh.gif

why the earth would the lakers sign a guy who just got dumped by the clippers in dunleavy??? thats like getting engaged to your high school sweetheart who became a ##*#!$ after graduation and was found by the cops left for dead in a dumpster....

and adelman would be just weird. he would be replacing the guy who always denied him a title...

why the earth would the lakers sign a guy who just got dumped by the clippers in dunleavy??? thats like getting engaged to your high school sweetheart who became a ##*#!$ after graduation and was found by the cops left for dead in a dumpster....

and adelman would be just weird. he would be replacing the guy who always denied him a title...

I'm going to go about it realistically because in a fantasy world I would get rid of Pau in a second.. I'm not too great in my understanding of the salary cap for the NBA because there are a lot of different things that change who can be signed, and how much you can pay them..

The team we have:

PG- Probably our most desparate position.. We need a player who is a knockdown 3 point shooter, and can be a decent defender. Anything that the Mavs series showed us. We need someone to rely on to hit a shot, and help us spread the court more.. I'd still keep Fisher and would still give him a considerable amount of time on the court each night because he brings something that few NBA players can, but he isn't much of starter anymore. Steve Blake is a disappointment, and it'd be foolish to keep around DFish, and a DFish lite..

SG- Kobe is still an elite player.. He will probably play 4-5 more years, 2-3 at an elite level.. SBreezy is a great energy guy, but he isn't great at creating his own points, and if he isn't on he slows down the entire second squad..
SF- This is our most confusing position.. Ron is a great defender, but has very low basketball IQ, and somehow misses every wide-open corner 3 I've ever seen him take.. Matt Barnes was an utter disapointment, but if he exercises his player option at $1.9 mil it is very small risk for a hard nose player who can be a big presence on the bench.

PF- Pau is softer than a wet piece of toilet paper, but he is a top PF, and unless we get a Dwight Howard for him, he will not be going anywhere.. Keeping Lamar is essential.. His ability to post, shoot the 3, bring the ball up the court, play a 2,3,4 and even some 5's gives our bench a depth that most teams don't have..

C- Bynum played awesome.. And like Pau, barring getting D12 for him, I wouldn't even look at getting rid of him at all (Not saying both, but 1 or the other)...

The things out there:
PG- No clue.. Aaron Brooks always seemed like a scorer to me, so I'm not sure how well he would fit if there are 3-4 guys who we want to shoot the ball before him..
SG- JRich got $14mil last year, so highly unlikely we could get him for something that qualifies as an exception, considering he had a stellar year last year, we def. won't be able to get him, but he'd be a good guy off the bench for us.. Jamal Crawford may be a little bit more in our range.. And if he's available C.J. Miles wouldn't be bad to try and get to back up Kobe. Barbosa, or Pietrus are lesser salary guys who could be a good fit off the bench..
SF, PF, C - There are dozens of good names out there that could suffice, and be great defenders for us on the Second team.. Even have someone like Shane Battier who may not be the best of players would give a great defensive presence when we need it..

It will be hard to make trade because if they require a Pau + LO or a Bynum + LO trade it would be a bad trade.. I don't think there is any way the Magic trade D12.. But if we could get D12 + Chris Duhon for say Bynum + Ron Ron + SBreezy that would make much more sense because it doesn't risk what we are, and we could fill Ron with a Shane Ba.ttier/Matt Barnes split at the 3.. And we lose SBreezy's athleticism, but if we could replace him with a smart player who can create offense for the team..

We need a defensive minded coach, who can exploit our size into a defensively stacked team.. Because the offensive is there..

We just need to mix and match pieces at the PG, SF position.. And find a suitable backup at the SG and Center position...

Two last points, we can't try to fill spots with Joe Smith or Theo again... I understand when you have a huge payroll in the end you pretty much can only get people who should have retired years ago for league minimum.. But we just can't especially since the team itself is already older... Lastly why the hell is Luke Walton still signed to this team for $6mil a year for the next 2 years. 6th highest player on the team, playing 9 minutes a game, giving us 1.7 points..

I'm going to go about it realistically because in a fantasy world I would get rid of Pau in a second.. I'm not too great in my understanding of the salary cap for the NBA because there are a lot of different things that change who can be signed, and how much you can pay them..

The team we have:

PG- Probably our most desparate position.. We need a player who is a knockdown 3 point shooter, and can be a decent defender. Anything that the Mavs series showed us. We need someone to rely on to hit a shot, and help us spread the court more.. I'd still keep Fisher and would still give him a considerable amount of time on the court each night because he brings something that few NBA players can, but he isn't much of starter anymore. Steve Blake is a disappointment, and it'd be foolish to keep around DFish, and a DFish lite..

SG- Kobe is still an elite player.. He will probably play 4-5 more years, 2-3 at an elite level.. SBreezy is a great energy guy, but he isn't great at creating his own points, and if he isn't on he slows down the entire second squad..
SF- This is our most confusing position.. Ron is a great defender, but has very low basketball IQ, and somehow misses every wide-open corner 3 I've ever seen him take.. Matt Barnes was an utter disapointment, but if he exercises his player option at $1.9 mil it is very small risk for a hard nose player who can be a big presence on the bench.

PF- Pau is softer than a wet piece of toilet paper, but he is a top PF, and unless we get a Dwight Howard for him, he will not be going anywhere.. Keeping Lamar is essential.. His ability to post, shoot the 3, bring the ball up the court, play a 2,3,4 and even some 5's gives our bench a depth that most teams don't have..

C- Bynum played awesome.. And like Pau, barring getting D12 for him, I wouldn't even look at getting rid of him at all (Not saying both, but 1 or the other)...

The things out there:
PG- No clue.. Aaron Brooks always seemed like a scorer to me, so I'm not sure how well he would fit if there are 3-4 guys who we want to shoot the ball before him..
SG- JRich got $14mil last year, so highly unlikely we could get him for something that qualifies as an exception, considering he had a stellar year last year, we def. won't be able to get him, but he'd be a good guy off the bench for us.. Jamal Crawford may be a little bit more in our range.. And if he's available C.J. Miles wouldn't be bad to try and get to back up Kobe. Barbosa, or Pietrus are lesser salary guys who could be a good fit off the bench..
SF, PF, C - There are dozens of good names out there that could suffice, and be great defenders for us on the Second team.. Even have someone like Shane Battier who may not be the best of players would give a great defensive presence when we need it..

It will be hard to make trade because if they require a Pau + LO or a Bynum + LO trade it would be a bad trade.. I don't think there is any way the Magic trade D12.. But if we could get D12 + Chris Duhon for say Bynum + Ron Ron + SBreezy that would make much more sense because it doesn't risk what we are, and we could fill Ron with a Shane Ba.ttier/Matt Barnes split at the 3.. And we lose SBreezy's athleticism, but if we could replace him with a smart player who can create offense for the team..

We need a defensive minded coach, who can exploit our size into a defensively stacked team.. Because the offensive is there..

We just need to mix and match pieces at the PG, SF position.. And find a suitable backup at the SG and Center position...

Two last points, we can't try to fill spots with Joe Smith or Theo again... I understand when you have a huge payroll in the end you pretty much can only get people who should have retired years ago for league minimum.. But we just can't especially since the team itself is already older... Lastly why the hell is Luke Walton still signed to this team for $6mil a year for the next 2 years. 6th highest player on the team, playing 9 minutes a game, giving us 1.7 points..

"Ok let me put a end to this right now before it goes any further. I DID NOT SLEEP WITH @paugasol woman!!! First and last time addressing it!"^from Brown's twitter

"Ok let me put a end to this right now before it goes any further. I DID NOT SLEEP WITH @paugasol woman!!! First and last time addressing it!"^from Brown's twitter

30t6p3b.gif
 @ the excuses of why the Lakers lost to the Mavs.
--Internal locker room strife? Please
--Being worn down from 3 straight Finals appearances? Maybe, but you're an athlete. Thats what you do. Winning is winning.

--They got their +##!* handed to them. Plain and simple. They couldnt close games 1 and 3.

--Bron about to get that hardware.
pimp.gif

30t6p3b.gif
--Being worn down from 3 straight Finals appearances? Maybe, but you're an athlete. Thats what you do. Winning is winning.

--They got their +##!* handed to them. Plain and simple. They couldnt close games 1 and 3.

pimp.gif

Originally Posted by DARTH DNZY

30t6p3b.gif

pimp.gif

You're an attention !#%!$ aren't you?

30t6p3b.gif

pimp.gif

You're an attention !#%!$ aren't you?

30t6p3b.gif

pimp.gif
It's getting real old now.

30t6p3b.gif

pimp.gif
It's getting real old now.

Back
Top Bottom