[::Official Lakers Offseason Thread | Vol. Watch out world...we might sign Othello Hunter::]

Originally Posted by eyegiantjackpot

jerry-sloan.jpg

This is the only guy i feel comfortable replacing PJ, and still get the respect a head coach deserves.. majority of players on this team have 2 rings.  how they gonna listen to JVG, or DONE-leavy? get out of here with that talk.

its either SLOAN or SHAW. only two I think should have a chance.  Sloan left the game mid season because he was pissed at williams.. He has to be hungry still. there is no way someone leaves mid season and doesnt want to coach again.. thats not a way to leave the game.
30t6p3b.gif

CP, Ska was doubting me about Kobe not practicing. It was not directed at you.

I was doubting this team even during the streak. I remember dudes telling me to chill all the time.

It would not surprise me if Vanessa has been sleeping around. Wasnt she some music video ho  already by age 16?
I wonder how it would be possible for Brown to pipe Gasol's girl though. I would imagine Gasol spending time with her when they are at home and not shannon.

CP, Ska was doubting me about Kobe not practicing. It was not directed at you.

I was doubting this team even during the streak. I remember dudes telling me to chill all the time.

It would not surprise me if Vanessa has been sleeping around. Wasnt she some music video ho  already by age 16?
I wonder how it would be possible for Brown to pipe Gasol's girl though. I would imagine Gasol spending time with her when they are at home and not shannon.

If we're going to keep running the triangle, we wont need an All-Star type Point Guard who needs the ball in his hands to play make. We've 3-Peated without a dominating point guard, repeated recently with 3 trips to the finals without a dominant PG...

What did all those 5 championships have in common? Kobe + a big man.

That's all we need fellas, we just need a BETTER starting PG next season and an upgrade to our bench aka youth. If we somehow got Dwight, thad be perfect for Kobe as he's proven to be able to win with bigs.

If we're going to keep running the triangle, we wont need an All-Star type Point Guard who needs the ball in his hands to play make. We've 3-Peated without a dominating point guard, repeated recently with 3 trips to the finals without a dominant PG...

What did all those 5 championships have in common? Kobe + a big man.

That's all we need fellas, we just need a BETTER starting PG next season and an upgrade to our bench aka youth. If we somehow got Dwight, thad be perfect for Kobe as he's proven to be able to win with bigs.

Originally Posted by Ben Roethlisberger

Not sure if this was posted yet but reports are surfacing that Shannon Brown slept with Pau Gasols fiance' and that's what the real turmoil was. 
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
if true.

[h1][/h1]
[h1]BSO’s Resident NBA Expert EXCLUSIVE – The Truth Behind Pau Gasol Drama[/h1]
Published On 13 May 2011 By Belal Abdelfattah.
16Share

Ever since the Lakers were shockingly swept out of the playoffs by the Dallas Mavericks, people have been wondering what exactly happened to rattle this team so badly. It’s not often that you see a defending champion go out in such stunning fashion, and many believe that there had to be something going on in the locker room that was causing the Laker players to lose focus on their goal.

Laker center Andrew Bynum pretty much told us what we knew all along when he said the Lakers had “trust issues

Originally Posted by Ben Roethlisberger

Not sure if this was posted yet but reports are surfacing that Shannon Brown slept with Pau Gasols fiance' and that's what the real turmoil was. 
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
if true.

[h1][/h1]
[h1]BSO’s Resident NBA Expert EXCLUSIVE – The Truth Behind Pau Gasol Drama[/h1]
Published On 13 May 2011 By Belal Abdelfattah.
16Share

Ever since the Lakers were shockingly swept out of the playoffs by the Dallas Mavericks, people have been wondering what exactly happened to rattle this team so badly. It’s not often that you see a defending champion go out in such stunning fashion, and many believe that there had to be something going on in the locker room that was causing the Laker players to lose focus on their goal.

Laker center Andrew Bynum pretty much told us what we knew all along when he said the Lakers had “trust issues

pimp.gif
 @ Shannon for getting it in.
laugh.gif
 jk.
indifferent.gif
 Screw him if this is true. I don't know what happened, but we aren't dumb. We all know SOMETHING happened to Pau, something very dramatic...because dude was in another world in the playoffs. 
tired.gif

And im with CP...I will throw a brick at Mike Dunleavy's car if he is hired as our coach. That would be the WORST coach we could possibly hire for the gig. 
mad.gif

pimp.gif
 @ Shannon for getting it in.
laugh.gif
 jk.
indifferent.gif
 Screw him if this is true. I don't know what happened, but we aren't dumb. We all know SOMETHING happened to Pau, something very dramatic...because dude was in another world in the playoffs. 
tired.gif

And im with CP...I will throw a brick at Mike Dunleavy's car if he is hired as our coach. That would be the WORST coach we could possibly hire for the gig. 
mad.gif

Originally Posted by LiCeNseD To BaLL

I will throw a brick at Mike Dunleavy's car if he is hired as our coach. That would be the WORST coach we could possibly hire for the gig. 
mad.gif
I know where he livse
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

Imagine if something like this happened to Dwight when he is in a Lakers uni.... The kid would self-destruct just like Pau
30t6p3b.gif

I will throw a brick at Mike Dunleavy's car if he is hired as our coach. That would be the WORST coach we could possibly hire for the gig. 
mad.gif
I know where he livse
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

Imagine if something like this happened to Dwight when he is in a Lakers uni.... The kid would self-destruct just like Pau
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by rck2sactown

mad.gif
I know where he livse
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
Typical Hollywood Drama. I'm sure Dwight doesn't wanna have to deal with watching his back 24/7 to make sure his teammates don't make moves on his wifey, especially Shannon.
We better clean up our act before he changes his mind about being interested. 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by rck2sactown

mad.gif
I know where he livse
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
Typical Hollywood Drama. I'm sure Dwight doesn't wanna have to deal with watching his back 24/7 to make sure his teammates don't make moves on his wifey, especially Shannon.
We better clean up our act before he changes his mind about being interested. 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by NoReasonableDoubt

Originally Posted by abovelegit1

Originally Posted by NobleKane
The only one who took the most shots on his team was Deron. The reason the Lakers have never had a great point guard is because they've never had a great point guard. I doubt there would be any issues with chemistry because someone wasn't getting their shots.

The problem with the Lakers offense right now is that Kobe is no longer able to initiate the offense, create scoring opportunities, pivot the triangle, and score himself all at once. He was never an elite playmaker anyway, so if you take away some of the distributing and ball handling responsibilities it's a good thing. You get a great point guard and all Kobe has to do is receive the ball in good spots and score. This would dramatically increase the efficiency of the offense while keeping Bryant fresh, and perhaps even extending his career.
   My avy and sig disagree with you fully.
My bad, should've qualified it as in the Kobe era.

Originally Posted by NoReasonableDoubt

Originally Posted by abovelegit1

Originally Posted by NobleKane
The only one who took the most shots on his team was Deron. The reason the Lakers have never had a great point guard is because they've never had a great point guard. I doubt there would be any issues with chemistry because someone wasn't getting their shots.

The problem with the Lakers offense right now is that Kobe is no longer able to initiate the offense, create scoring opportunities, pivot the triangle, and score himself all at once. He was never an elite playmaker anyway, so if you take away some of the distributing and ball handling responsibilities it's a good thing. You get a great point guard and all Kobe has to do is receive the ball in good spots and score. This would dramatically increase the efficiency of the offense while keeping Bryant fresh, and perhaps even extending his career.
   My avy and sig disagree with you fully.
My bad, should've qualified it as in the Kobe era.

One of the bright spots of not winning this year was not reading another article on the lakers "lone female scout" who was a former cheerleader. I wonder what the hell she is
doing since the lakers don't even draft anymore.

One of the bright spots of not winning this year was not reading another article on the lakers "lone female scout" who was a former cheerleader. I wonder what the hell she is
doing since the lakers don't even draft anymore.

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

List your priorities, Lakers fans.

I've gone with these issues:
- bench
- PG
- head coach
- shooters

Use those or create your own.

My priorities:
#1. Head coach
We can't start training camp in a few months if we don't even know what kind of offense/defense we're going to be running.

#2. PG
Fish is my dude, and I've aid many times that HE has been my favorite Laker the last decade or so... but he's not cutting it anymore. We need a PG that is going to quarterback this team in times of trouble, when other teams are making 11-0 runs, when we're up 16 and the other team is gaining momentum... FAST. We need someone with the confidence to say "We're going to get a couple stops and a couple buckets, and here's how," and then do it. He needs to see weaknesses in the other team at all times, he needs to be constantly be aware of who's hot for us, and if no one is, then he needs to either GET someone hot or get a couple buckets himself. Fisher... did not do that this playoffs; hell, not this year.

#3. Shooter
I see you guys mentioning guys like Arenas, and that's what I'm talking about. We need people who can DRAIN from the perimeter. Ray Allen, James Jones, James Harden... those guys make sure the defense doesn't just constantly double Pierce/Garnett, Wade/LeBron, Westbrook/Durant, because they WILL get found by the team's PG (see my 2nd priority), and they WILL put up 3-balls for days.

#4. Bench
Yeah, we need to improve our bench, but I have this as our last priority because today's NBA is really more of a 7-8 man rotation. I think if we kept 2 of 3 Bs on the bench (Brown, Barnes, Blake), we'd be alright. If we pick up a shooter, get rid if Brown. If we get a PG, get rid of Blake.
my list is 
- PG

- Bench

- D Howard

-Coach

Yes, I made dwight a need on the list 
laugh.gif

Bynum is a joke to me right now, he hasn't shown me anything of being a championship big man. In my eyes, he's just a lucky guy that got a lucky break. Gasol proved himself many times, even though I still think he is a little soft, he makes up for it in his pure skill at his position. If we had Dwight under the post to bring that skill and power that bynum is not consistent with, we would be set in the front court. Its a wish, and a long shot of a wish, but I really feel that bringhin Dwight to LA is possible. 

As for a point guard, anyone better than Fisher is good imo, but we need a pg with a killer instinct, ala Deron Williams, hell even someone like Brandon Jennings would be a good pg for us. Someone who can move the ball up court and control the pace of the game. Someone who has young legs, and the energy to make those clutch defensive decisions. Also, someone who doesn't get into a ton of foul trouble
30t6p3b.gif

And then theres the bench. You guys know why we lost to Dallas? Because we have no deph... Our bench is slum. Other than Odom and Shannon Brown, who else do we have thats a great role player? Imo, nobody. We need a bench, and BADLY. 

Also, I don't like having Artest and Barnes. They are too much of a liability to me. They don't carry their weight enough and imo, they can be replaced for someone more valuable to the team. 

But those are just my opinions of course 
happy.gif

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

List your priorities, Lakers fans.

I've gone with these issues:
- bench
- PG
- head coach
- shooters

Use those or create your own.

My priorities:
#1. Head coach
We can't start training camp in a few months if we don't even know what kind of offense/defense we're going to be running.

#2. PG
Fish is my dude, and I've aid many times that HE has been my favorite Laker the last decade or so... but he's not cutting it anymore. We need a PG that is going to quarterback this team in times of trouble, when other teams are making 11-0 runs, when we're up 16 and the other team is gaining momentum... FAST. We need someone with the confidence to say "We're going to get a couple stops and a couple buckets, and here's how," and then do it. He needs to see weaknesses in the other team at all times, he needs to be constantly be aware of who's hot for us, and if no one is, then he needs to either GET someone hot or get a couple buckets himself. Fisher... did not do that this playoffs; hell, not this year.

#3. Shooter
I see you guys mentioning guys like Arenas, and that's what I'm talking about. We need people who can DRAIN from the perimeter. Ray Allen, James Jones, James Harden... those guys make sure the defense doesn't just constantly double Pierce/Garnett, Wade/LeBron, Westbrook/Durant, because they WILL get found by the team's PG (see my 2nd priority), and they WILL put up 3-balls for days.

#4. Bench
Yeah, we need to improve our bench, but I have this as our last priority because today's NBA is really more of a 7-8 man rotation. I think if we kept 2 of 3 Bs on the bench (Brown, Barnes, Blake), we'd be alright. If we pick up a shooter, get rid if Brown. If we get a PG, get rid of Blake.
my list is 
- PG

- Bench

- D Howard

-Coach

Yes, I made dwight a need on the list 
laugh.gif

Bynum is a joke to me right now, he hasn't shown me anything of being a championship big man. In my eyes, he's just a lucky guy that got a lucky break. Gasol proved himself many times, even though I still think he is a little soft, he makes up for it in his pure skill at his position. If we had Dwight under the post to bring that skill and power that bynum is not consistent with, we would be set in the front court. Its a wish, and a long shot of a wish, but I really feel that bringhin Dwight to LA is possible. 

As for a point guard, anyone better than Fisher is good imo, but we need a pg with a killer instinct, ala Deron Williams, hell even someone like Brandon Jennings would be a good pg for us. Someone who can move the ball up court and control the pace of the game. Someone who has young legs, and the energy to make those clutch defensive decisions. Also, someone who doesn't get into a ton of foul trouble
30t6p3b.gif

And then theres the bench. You guys know why we lost to Dallas? Because we have no deph... Our bench is slum. Other than Odom and Shannon Brown, who else do we have thats a great role player? Imo, nobody. We need a bench, and BADLY. 

Also, I don't like having Artest and Barnes. They are too much of a liability to me. They don't carry their weight enough and imo, they can be replaced for someone more valuable to the team. 

But those are just my opinions of course 
happy.gif

Back
Top Bottom