Official: Lakers vs. Blazers 1/4 6:30PM PST Game On FSN West HD

Also check the playoff games during the 2000-2002 years. And guess what it was Kobe who driving to the hoop and kicking out passes to Ron Harper, Robert Horry,Glen Rice, Brian Shaw, and Rick Fox for the key jumpers and game winning 3 point shots.

Heck Phil Jackson is even quoted in one of his books saying " I asked Kobe to sacrifice more for the team and to be the facilitator and setup the triangleoffense more than I ever asked Michael Jordan when I was coaching the bulls.

Don't believe me on that Phil Jackson quote ? Go buy or check out this book from your local library and read it for yourself:

25341538.jpg

Originally Posted by solefob

Originally Posted by joree85

Kobe needs to bring the mini-fro back
He can't, going bald is a B
he's bald ? I thought his hairline is still pretty decent. i guess having a fro require too much maintain and he's 31 . Rocking a fro willlook childish for that age

Originally Posted by GregOdensBedpan

Originally Posted by Kidskillz858

Leading the Lakers in assist during the 3 peat championship seasons and people still view him as a ball hog during those season
laugh.gif

so would you call him a bigger ballhog this season opposed to years past since he's averaging a lesser amount?
smile.gif
Such a stupid and idiotic question because:

The difference between Kobe of (2000-2002) years and Kobe now is that back then Kobe was not the focal point of the triangle offense and the triangle offenseran through Shaq during those seasons where Kobe main job was to be the facilitator and to setup the triangle offense. Kobe now currently on this Laker team isthe focal point of offense and the triangle starts and runs through him primarily and that one of the reason why his assists per game are down compared to whenhe led the Lakers during the 3 peat years, but by the way Kobe is currently leading the Lakers in assists per game this season.

Kobe box score was crazy in that classic matchup in game 7 of the western confrence finals in 99-00.25pts, 11rbs,7ast,4blk.

Leading the Lakers in assist during the 3 peat championship seasons and people still view him as a ball hog during those season
laugh.gif

so would you call him a bigger ballhog this season opposed to years past since he's averaging a lesser amount?
smile.gif

The difference between Kobe of (2000-2002) years and Kobe now is that back then Kobe was not the focal point of the triangle offense and the triangle offense ran through Shaq during those seasons where Kobe main job was to be the facilitator and to setup the triangle offense. Kobe now currently on this Laker team is the focal point of offense and the triangle starts and runs through him primarily and that one of the reason why his assists per game are down compared to when he led the Lakers during the 3 peat years, but by the way Kobe is currently leading the Lakers in assists per game this season.
laugh.gif
no need to school me on kobe's role on the triangle.i was simply pointing out that assists per game is not a good indicator of ballhogging.

it's also easy to glorify the big playoff moments where he did make the right plays, with the penetration + kickout's you mentioned earlier, but theguy also had tons of selfish moments. i'm not being a hater, i'm just acknowledging the fact this guy used tobe a ballhog. this is the same dude that threw up 47 shots against boston and only made 17 back in 2002. the guy that's famous for kicking it out to horryin philly is also the same player who kept throwing up brick after brick after brick against golden state back in 2000 against golden state.

laugh.gif

smile.gif

The difference between Kobe of (2000-2002) years and Kobe now is that back then Kobe was not the focal point of the triangle offense and the triangle offense ran through Shaq during those seasons where Kobe main job was to be the facilitator and to setup the triangle offense. Kobe now currently on this Laker team is the focal point of offense and the triangle starts and runs through him primarily and that one of the reason why his assists per game are down compared to when he led the Lakers during the 3 peat years, but by the way Kobe is currently leading the Lakers in assists per game this season.
laugh.gif
no need to school me on kobe's role on the triangle. i was simply pointing out that assists per game is not a good indicator of ballhogging.

it's also easy to glorify the big playoff moments where he did make the right plays, with the penetration + kickout's you mentioned earlier, but the guy also had tons of selfish moments. i'm not being a hater, i'm just acknowledging the fact this guy used to be a ballhog. this is the same dude that threw up 47 shots against boston and only made 17 back in 2002. the guy that's famous for kicking it out to horry in philly is also the same player who kept throwing up brick after brick after brick against golden state back in 2000 against golden state.

lol, dude is talking about ball hog like its a big deal or something. ballhog? cmon, you're talking about ballhog? i know its a portland laker thread butballhog? lol, dude is talking about ballhog.

Originally Posted by 2g00d4u

laugh.gif

smile.gif

laugh.gif
no need to school me on kobe's role on the triangle. i was simply pointing out that assists per game is not a good indicator of ballhogging.

it's also easy to glorify the big playoff moments where he did make the right plays, with the penetration + kickout's you mentioned earlier, but the guy also had tons of selfish moments. i'm not being a hater, i'm just acknowledging the fact this guy used to be a ballhog. this is the same dude that threw up 47 shots against boston and only made 17 back in 2002. the guy that's famous for kicking it out to horry in philly is also the same player who kept throwing up brick after brick after brick against golden state back in 2000 against golden state.

lol, dude is talking about ball hog like its a big deal or something. ballhog? cmon, you're talking about ballhog? i know its a portland laker thread but ballhog? lol, dude is talking about ballhog.

you're talking about ballhog!
smh.gif
laugh.gif

--I'm glad we pulled away in the 3rd and it started on the defensive end.
--Good win LAKERS!! Protect home court, cuz theres no way we're beating this Blazer team in the Rose Garden. It just aint happening.
--Lets handle the Hornets tomorrow!

Originally Posted by KB8sandiego

indifferent.gif

at the Fish hate.

Ya'll are talkin' reckless because he's playing dumb right now.

Sometimes I wonder about you fellow Laker fans.

Kobe plays like a ****** and ya'll come up with excuses.

Fisher plays like a ****** in one quarter and ya'll ready to replace him.
normally i would agree with your statement but as much as you despise Sasha, even when he's playing well, I just can't go with you on that one.

They don't need to go out and get a back-up point guard while Farmar is out cuz Sasha has stepped up and has been playing better than Farmar has at any point this season. If Sasha continues to play this way and Farmar comes back hopefully it will limit Farmar's minutes until he learns how to properly play his role on this team.

My hate for Sasha is blatant. He can average a triple double from here on out and I would still hate him. I can't stand sissy euros and bad acting.
laugh.gif

But that's just me.

i dont care if vlad had a "decent" game last night.

the dude has an IQ of a goldfish, dudes body language is just horrible - brian cook v2.0 thats for damn sure.
smh.gif

its funny how joel & stu take little jabs at the dude. but with no set date for luke and his foot problem, i guess anything we get from borat is apositive.

indifferent.gif

at the Fish hate.

Ya'll are talkin' reckless because he's playing dumb right now.

Sometimes I wonder about you fellow Laker fans.

Kobe plays like a ****** and ya'll come up with excuses.

Fisher plays like a ****** in one quarter and ya'll ready to replace him.
normally i would agree with your statement but as much as you despise Sasha, even when he's playing well, I just can't go with you on that one.

They don't need to go out and get a back-up point guard while Farmar is out cuz Sasha has stepped up and has been playing better than Farmar has at any point this season. If Sasha continues to play this way and Farmar comes back hopefully it will limit Farmar's minutes until he learns how to properly play his role on this team.

My hate for Sasha is blatant. He can average a triple double from here on out and I would still hate him. I can't stand sissy euros and bad acting.
laugh.gif

But that's just me.

Wow so you hate Gasol too?
wink.gif

Good win, just keep stackin em up.
pimp.gif

Laker fans need to check into the season thread to go over some of our roles or somethin.

KB8 hates Sasha
3PLE predicts Laker losses wins.
Ska keeps us in check on Kobe love, make sure nobody gets too crazy round here
Tupac posts pictures that burn holes in our soul. He likes to do that
LTB updates the main thread
Bright keeps on our D and space cadet
CP (me) calls us the worst 27-5 team in the NBA.
pimp.gif

Cali quotes most of us and keeps the discussion going.
Noble with the conspiracy theory

We all have our roles. We all doin a pretty good job so far as we went to the finals last season and currently have the best record in the league.

So if one of us is hatin on a player or aspect of the team, we were informed that it was our job, our role, QUIT ARGUING WITH THEM ABOUT THEIR ROLES!!!!!

Thank you.

laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom