Official: Lakers vs. Celtics 2/18 7:30PM PST Game On TNT HD

the only silver lining i see is that this might give confidence to the celtics so they can beat the cavs if they meet

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by finnns2003

Burns, I agree. I've been saying this, Doc is hurting the team with rotations. Sheed is a MOP and contributes nothing. I totally miss P.J. Brown off the bench. He hustled, boxed out, and made shots when we needed them. Ainge really miscalculated on that one.

Tonight, there was flashes of the 08 Celtics - KG, Ray, Paul, Rondo all getting shots going early.  Consistency is a huge factor.  But the rotations are basically spotting the other team 10-15 points every night.  You can't battle the other team and yourselves and expect to win.  Rasheed is playing just how he looks: awful.  He'd get run off the floor at the YMCA right now.  Given Shelden his minutes.  At least he'll try.

I'm eager to see what Nate does.  I really think he can be that explosive scorer off the bench that maintains or stretches leads when the main guys are resting.

And PJ just didn't want to come back.  Dude was running pickup ball when the C's got him to sign on in early 08.  I wish he was still playing but I respect his decision to help with what he could and hang it up. 

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

holdenmichael:
finnns2003:
holdenmichael:
So, basically, it's LA, Denver, Cleveland, and Orlando and waiting to see what Dallas can do?

That's what this game (which I didn't watch yet) tells me.
indifferent.gif

You're right, I didn't take that into consideration
Brilliant.
roll.gif

Don't you just love the wordless stoneface (or
eyes.gif
, or
smh.gif
) responses?
laugh.gif

Much worse to come to conclusions after a game you didn't even watch. The
indifferent.gif
was a deserved one.

Originally Posted by knightngale

the only silver lining i see is that this might give confidence to the celtics so they can beat the cavs if they meet

i really dont see that happening. father time has finally caught up to the celtics.

too bad the nuggets arent in the east
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

holdenmichael:
finnns2003:
holdenmichael:
So, basically, it's LA, Denver, Cleveland, and Orlando and waiting to see what Dallas can do?

That's what this game (which I didn't watch yet) tells me.
indifferent.gif

You're right, I didn't take that into consideration
Brilliant.
roll.gif

Don't you just love the wordless stoneface (or
eyes.gif
, or
smh.gif
) responses?
laugh.gif

I didn't need to explain myself. Making conclusions in February about a team that's just getting healthy is laughable. It shows bias, a lack of intelligence, and ignorance. But keep on laughing ska, that's what I do when watching the Celtics beat the L's.

Originally Posted by NobleKane

Originally Posted by knightngale

i really dont see that happening. father time has finally caught up to the celtics.

too bad the nuggets arent in the east
laugh.gif
Truth. That'd be great.

finnns you soft

Much worse to come to conclusions after a game you didn't even watch. The was a deserved one.

Really?! How would watching this game lead me to a different conclusion?

Lets put this into context, the Lakers came into this game:

- with Bynum declaring himself 75% and having missed some games
- without Kobe
- with Fisher

The Celtics came into this game:

- relatively healthy

The Celtics are 2-7 against the Hawks (0-4), Magic (1-3), and Cavs (1-0) with three games remaining against the Cavs.

The Lakers are 4-4 against the Mavs (2-1), Jazz (2-1), and Nuggets (0-2) with one game each against the Mavs and Jazz and two games against the Nuggets remaining.

I understand that Nate should help, but I don't know that I can go so far as to claim he'll put them over the Hawks, Magic, and Cavs w/o getting another
indifferent.gif
as a response.

Originally Posted by holdenmichael

Much worse to come to conclusions after a game you didn't even watch. The was a deserved one.

- without Kobe
- with Fisher

- relatively healthy

The Celtics are 2-7 against the Hawks (0-4), Magic (1-3), and Cavs (1-0) with three games remaining against the Cavs.

The Lakers are 4-4 against the Mavs (2-1), Jazz (2-1), and Nuggets (0-2) with one game each against the Mavs and Jazz and two games against the Nuggets remaining.

I understand that Nate should help, but I don't know that I can go so far as to claim he'll put them over the Hawks, Magic, and Cavs w/o getting another
indifferent.gif
as a response.
Dude what does this even mean? It's the REGULAR SEASON. The playoffs are a whole different beast and you know this. You really believe the C's vets are in playoff mode? I don't believe that for a second. Not to mention you're counting games where we were missing guys. Magic games, Hawks games, c'mon we were missing KG, Daniels, etc.

I don't know why anyone puts so much stock into the reg season games.

Making conclusions in February about a team that's just getting healthy is laughable. It shows bias, a lack of intelligence, and ignorance.

John Hollinger, Marc Stein, Chad Ford, Ric Bucher...welcome me to the club!

Dude what does this even mean? It's the REGULAR SEASON. The playoffsare a whole different beast and you know this. You really believe theC's vets are in playoff mode? I don't believe that for a second. Not tomention you're counting games where we were missing guys. Magic games,Hawks games, c'mon we were missing KG, Daniels, etc.

I don't know why anyone puts so much stock into the reg season games.
Taking this a little too serious, aren't you?  It's a prediction and opinion, not a statement of fact.

I just laugh at your reaction because that's the type of reaction I'm used to reading on Lakers' message boards when rankings don't have them at, or near, the top.

If the Lakers go 0-4 against the Nuggets, I'm not going to believe the Lakers can beat them just because there have been injured players or chemistry issues.  I wouldn't be surprised to see the Lakers win, but I wouldn't expect it either.

I'm a fan.

I don't need to take it one game at a time.

Originally Posted by holdenmichael

- without Kobe
- with Fisher

- relatively healthy

indifferent.gif
as a response.

you're just bein a laker stan

the way you wrote this you make it seem like the celtics were playing near their best

KG isnt 100%

paul pierce isnt 100%

and they didnt have eddie house / or nate robinson  either way its almost the same deal

dont try to downplay the loss

regardless of what you say, the celtics arent 100%

you're just bein a laker stan

the way you wrote this you make it seem like the celtics were playing near their best

Que?

I posted that Boston is "relatively healthy". Do you know what that means? I mean, what team's 100% healthy at this time of year?

I posted the Celtics' record against the other top seeds in their conference. Is that disputable?

I posted that the addition of Nate Robinson might improve them. Is that not a positive comment?

I may be a biased, ignorant, intelligence lacking Lakers stan, but even I know that what I posted isn't remotely what you interpreted it to mean. What I extrapolated from the outcome of this game has nothing to do with down playing the loss. I posted how I thought these teams were going to fare in the playoffs. Could the actual result vary greatly from my prediction in February? Of course, but at this point we can't be surprised if the Lakers lose in the Conference Finals and the Celtics don't make it past the second round. That's all I'm saying.

Damn I didn't see the game but I expected the Lakers to lose tonight, by a lot more too. I think its not bad that they only lost by 1 without their best player against a Celtics team that I personally think is much better than people give them credit for. Of course a win would have been better.

Just got back from the game and Staples was rocken im not mad at this loss at all this team has come a long way from 2years ago

Pau and LO were going strong to the basket and even Sasha hit some big shot
pimp.gif

With that said damn Kobe come back already im excited to see what he does with this team not that he know they can play without him....

this message is simply for westcoastsfinest

LA Loss
pimp.gif

this message has been a message for westcoastsfinest

I didn't see the game so I got nothing....
grin.gif

Originally Posted by Do Be Doo

this message is simply for westcoastsfinest

LA Loss
pimp.gif

this message has been a message for westcoastsfinest

I didn't see the game so I got nothing....
grin.gif

happy.gif
laugh.gif

i thought you werent gonna do this LA loses
pimp.gif
until the postseason
roll.gif
laugh.gif

but honestly im not mad over this loss...we lost to a title contender by 1 without our closer....i can only applaud our effort...see you next month!

till then heres a little parting gift

[table][tr][td] 1.[/td][td] * LA Lakers[/td][td]-- [/td][/tr][tr][td] 2.[/td][td] * Denver[/td][td]5.0 [/td][/tr][tr][td] 3.[/td][td] Utah[/td][td]6.5 [/td][/tr][tr][td] 4.[/td][td] * Dallas[/td][td]8.0 [/td][/tr][tr][td] 5.[/td][td] San Antonio[/td][td]9.0 [/td][/tr][tr][td] 6.[/td][td] Oklahoma City[/td][td]9.0 [/td][/tr][tr][td] 7.[/td][td] Phoenix[/td][td]9.5 [/td][/tr][tr][td] 8.[/td][td] Portland[/td][td]10.0[/td][/tr][/table]

tongue.gif

Stick to the topic of this thread....
wink.gif

but playing like crap in the regular season and still have a chance to get the 3 seed???....
I'll take it...
grin.gif

wink.gif

but playing like crap in the regular season and still have a chance to get the 3 seed???....
I'll take it...
grin.gif

or a chance to not even make the playoffs?
grin.gif

wink.gif

i'll take it...
wink.gif
He said he wasn't mad at the loss, that's on topic.
tongue.gif

Originally Posted by Wings90

wink.gif

i'll take it...
wink.gif
He said he wasn't mad at the loss, that's on topic.
tongue.gif

laugh.gif
 you tell em wings

Back
Top Bottom