OFFICIAL LEBRON X+ NIKE ID THREAD

After seeing what the Xmas pair will look like and the teal option out I guess my next pair will be my own version of the Xmas brons. Still working on it though. With all these options it's hard to settle for something. :pimp:

After seeing what the Xmas pair will look like and the teal option out I guess my next pair will be my own version of the Xmas brons. Still working on it though. With all these options it's hard to settle for something. :pimp:

QFT

Opinions and suggestions?

LMAO @ THE COLOR SOLD OUT...HOW IS THAT EVEN POSSIBLE... ANYWAYS, IM NOT REALLY INTO THE ID THING BUT SOME OF YOU GUYS' ID'S ARE LOOKING GOOD AND THE INSPIRATION IS INTERESTINGLY ENTERTAINING :smokin

>>> People who want teal aren't going to buy if its not available. <<<
how astute
mean.gif

how can u buy anything thats not avaialble, huh ?
That was a small part of the my lengthy post, do you have something productive to add to the speculation on why they sold out? I was stating my opinion that Nike isn't going to sell more shoes necessarily because a one color is sold out so people deflect to a different product and buy a second, unplanned pair of shoes when the color comes back in November.

I do agree that it could be a marketing scheme as well, then the color comes back in November and everyone rushes to buy before Christmas and Nike makes as many as it can sell. An other, less plausible possibility is re-sellers buying them up to sell on ebay to unsuspecting noobs.     

Do you have a business degree? Are you familiar with inventorying, logistics, and how supply chains operate? Or are you making an assumption? Nike has been getting smarter with how many shoes it makes, they don't want to have product sitting on shelves that they have to discount. Nike ID doesn't get discounted and besides possiable returns you'll never see them on the shelf. It's in Nike's best interest to have product to meet demand in this situation, Nike ID is highly profitable they charge more but their material and labor costs are the same. People who want teal aren't going to buy if its not available. Hardcore shoe hypes might but they would have copped multiple pairs anyway. Yes, it's is possiable Nike is playing games but you can't be certain, especially taking in to account everything else.
Please enlighten me on the supply chain of painting a plastic base upper the color teal?

Please enlighten me on the supply chain of painting a plastic base upper the color teal?

I'm just guessing here but I would assume the color is blended in with the plastic solution before the mold is made, doubt its painted plastic. I'm just guessing tho...

I'm just guessing here but I would assume the color is blended in with the plastic solution before the mold is made, doubt its painted plastic. I'm just guessing tho...
Regardless, to think Nike did not plan/foresee the teal being the most popular color and failed to make necessary adjustments beforehand to meet demand is naive.  It would be amusing if black was the next color to go because of all the ******** making Yeezys because I know I did. 

Lol how do u sell out of a colorway on id? Great! now this is going to create a sense of desperation and make people think every other upper colorway will sell out.. Create a frenzy and everyone will make their IDs quickly! Lol whats next Black and White uppers sell out?

:smh: at people who think logistics and predicting supply and demand is easy.

nike has never cared about how the customer feels about something being out of stock.

if i was selling something that was in high demand i would rather order 50k and have it sell out than order 500k and have 300k of my product chilling in the warehouse collecting dust.

come on now.

inventorying, logistics, and how supply chains operate aint like asking somebody to go get some donuts.

jackstacks
*repped*

Last edited:
OAN

i think you were still able to place your order for atomic teal if you had the shoe in your locker or in you cart.

mine was in my locker already

Do yah know if they are making a sb theme this year because yah are iding them like crazy. I made a christmas id because i don't like this year christmas.

Can't decide...  Any suggestions.  I like them all about equally.  Looking to pick 2.

I would do the Kd with the grey sole and then the bottom two are iffy. the big bang are iffy because they are not going to sparkle or glow in the dark. But i like the kd with the grey sole out of all of them. The thing is that teal bottom reminds me of a glow in the dark shoes that is lit but the shoe isn't so thats why it looks iffy to me. And i would say hold up on the SB theme shoe because we don't know if nike is going to come out with their own version of it. Suck to have an id version if there is an official version of the shoe

Last edited:
:smh: at people who think logistics and predicting supply and demand is easy.
nike has never cared about how the customer feels about something being out of stock.
if i was selling something that was in high demand i would rather order 50k and have it sell out than order 500k and have 300k of my product chilling in the warehouse collecting dust.
come on now.
inventorying, logistics, and how supply chains operate aint like asking somebody to go get some donuts.
jackstacks
*repped*

As an Economics major I agree with this.

It is letting me select teal again for upper and tongue. Maybe they found more, not that it mattered I ordered my version of south beaches the night they went live. Been toying around with a second pair but I might hold off to see what options are in the second wave.

mean.gif
at people who think logistics and predicting supply and demand is easy.
come on now.
jackstacks
*repped*
Logistics and inventory tracking/manufacturing has never been easier, more accurate and transparent than now with use of information technology.  WalMart has the most complex supply chain in history of mankind and they run like a machine because of technology. Nike knows what is selling but like you said, they don't care. There's a difference between not caring and "misforecasting" as Jack stated. 

Logistics and inventory tracking/manufacturing has never been easier, more accurate and transparent than now with use of information technology.  WalMart has the most complex supply chain in history of mankind and they run like a machine because of technology. Nike knows what is selling but like you said, they don't care. There's a difference between not caring and "misforecasting" as Jack stated. 

I think you're overstating how "easy" it is to forecast demand for each and every product. You have to plan for the worst, hence why iPhone 5 supply is tight right now.

Nike doesn't want to take that kind of risk, especially with how far margins have fallen over the past few years.

Back
Top Bottom