Official LeBron X Thread Vol. 2: Corks and Volts Launch 2/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
I used some Christmas spray to restore the swoosh on my pressures - have to be careful to tape them around the outside edges but it worked well. Prob need a regular top up tho...

Is anyone using the nike+ sensor's? If you hang on the rim for a second the stats for vert go crazy, my last pickup game i recorded a 72' vert:smh:

Saw the Floridians and Dunkmans at HOH today - Floridians have a matte finish which is nice; Dunkmans look better in person with the dark green on the upper

Whats up yall,

I found these forums a few months back, and I love the community so far.  I've only played in the Olympic X's indoors but from my experience they add alot more cushioning for bigger guys, I'm 6'3'' 230.  The 9's were a little more responsive, but to lose a little quickness you gain a ton of comfort.  I'm almost 31 and landing in my 9's was a little rough sometimes even on hardwood.  The first time I landed in my X's I felt 21 again.  My only problem so far is even though the translucent bottoms look great they are a bish to clean.  I play a couple times a week, intense games not half court slow paced stuff, and so far the shoes still look brand new.   

Thanks for all the opinions and release dates keep the info comin'!

Zach
Glad to hear the 10's are performing great for you bigger guys. Unfortunatly, the 10's were not made for a 5'9 125 lb sophmore. If these shoes catered to skinnier guys, I would deffinitly be balling in them, but my KD 4's will suffice.

Hey having Dave Chappelle on your avy doesn't make you a comedian.
I do too have Dave Chappelle in my avy and found Jada's comment to be funny. Word of advice, don't come into a forum and flame a member who's join date is most likely extremly close to your birth year because if this happens, you will most likely be flamed 10x worse in return.

i still dont get how people are reselling the jades for $220 and they sitting where I am :smh:

maybe they sold out where they are? You can easily get these for around retail on ebay right now so not sure why anyone would every buy for $220

My point in saying that the Jades were sitting was to let folks know that if they really wanted these without paying reseller prices was to stock locate or "do some homework" (as is the phrase around here) to get their pairs. I don't care if shoes sell out on RD or don't. It is what it is. I was just passing along the info to try and help folks out. Take it for what its worth.

Finally got my Jades and they do fit better than the iDs. Love that the midfoot jewel plate has the marbling like the real jades. Gonna have to bring out my Jade piece when I wear these lol.

Last edited:
maybe they sold out where they are? You can easily get these for around retail on ebay right now so not sure why anyone would every buy for $220

$220 shipped? Cuz that would pretty much be retail considering the shoe is $180+tax+shipping+ebay/paypal fees...

my iDs, more pictures in iD thread

Why can't we seem to keep the ID pics seperate from the Official releases thread? I don't understand it! Not coming at you Skep because others have done it too and I can't remember if I did it (don't think I have) but its starting to bug me. The ID thread pops up right above or below the official thread every time new pics are posted, people will see your ID's in the ID THREAD!!! Thank you...

but people who don't go in the iD thread probably don't go for a reason--- cuz they aren't interested in iDs.....

I agree with keeping the two separate. If i wanted to see iDs I'd go over there, but I don't.

gonna pre-order my cork lebrons for 400+shipping from europe. they release over there december 7th i believe.

Anyone know if Floridians or Dunkmans will be offered in GS and PreSchool sizes? Guess the consolation for not getting pink foams will be Floridians- not bad....

NICE.. I KNEW IT... AND NOW THAT I KNOW THEY ARE CAPABLE OF A MATTE FINISH I AM DEF AGAINST BUYING ANY SHINY BLACK BASED X'S.... IF ONLY THOSE FLORIDIANS WERE BLK PURPLE RED A LIL YELLOW ... MEAN

I couldnt put my finger on why I wasnt liking the other black based Lebrons...That Matte finish makes a HELL of a difference!

IT REALLY DOES... ITS EITHER A MATTE FINISH OR A FINISH LIKE THE CROWN JEWELS (SIMILAR TO EGGPLANT FOAMS).... IM STILL CROSSING MY FINGERS FOR A EGGPLANT PURPLE COLORWAY.. MAYBE SOMETHING ALONG THE LINES OF THE SUMMIT LAKE IX'S... A CLEAR BOTTOM AND A NIKE + JEWELED CHECK... THAT WOULD BE IDEAL :smokin :smokin
Thats the reason why I sent my iD's back. The black was NOT black, it was shiny / metallic. A dark black / matte or just non shiny finish on the Lebron X iDs would be SO GAWD DAMN BETTER, yes similar to the Crown Jewels.

Finally got my Jades and they do fit better than the iDs. Love that the midfoot jewel plate has the marbling like the real jades. Gonna have to bring out my Jade piece when I wear these lol.
Same thoughts.

iDs have poor quality, almost like throw aways that Nike is customizing for you. They material is cheap, glue spots, inner lining is thin and that's just the beginning. Than you try on the retail joints, a la Jades, Crown Jewels, Pressures etc., and I'm blown away on how much BETTER this shoe is, quality is TOP NOTCH.

The Lebron X Nike iD is SUSPECT.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom