Official LeBron X Thread Vol. 2: Corks and Volts Launch 2/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
^^^Good points & good debate, homie.
Yeah no doubt, that's why we on here. Honestly I hate rehashing colorways too. Like it kills me in the Kobe thread that people keep wanting a Grinch VIII. Cool/iconic colorway for the VI, but let's leave it there. If you want a Grinch, just ID it or get the Grinch VI IMO. My point's more about, I think they can be more creative about the colorblocking, like they were being creative with the 9s or using that Cannon custom as an example of the creative potential the Xs could have if they wanted to add more colors or have more variety with the color placement.

I definitely rather they not redo the Cannon colorway or anything else we've already had in previous sigs. I prefer seeing them push new designs and concepts, or at the very least change up the execution on the same theme if they really gotta redo it (i.e. SB 8 to the MV 9). Just wished the newer colorways had a bit more going on is all.

Last edited:
I have been saying for MONTHS that the X has more potential than any signature I have ever seen to come out with CWs that should blow our minds. Especially waaaay back when people were posting PhotoShops of differently colorways. I also said something along the lines of "damn, these PS jobs on the X are only going to set us up for disappointment when the real CWs drop, because it shows what could have been, not what we'll actually get..."

Who's to say Nike doesn't have more intricate CWs coming out? But as far as I'm concerned, the Lavas are the only CW that at least tried to incorporate creativity to a beautiful silhouette of a shoe. Even LBJ's Home PEs he rocks are relatively bland for the options that Nike could make with the various parts of the shoe. One-colored uppers are cool, but not when they're all shiny as hell and crazy *** colors. Those Crown Jewels, the Jades, the Xmas, the Windchills, their all nice looking but it's like they just painted the upper with one broad stroke and decided that was good enough. I expected more.

Hopefully iD will have us be able to do some more things later on in the lifecycle of the X, but right now, what could have been >>>>>>>>>>> what is.

i feel where you guys are coming from about the potential in CW's the X's could have but realistically signature shoes are supposed to come out in that particular player's team colors....so many non team CW's of signature shoes have come out that we forget that back in the day only white, black, and red color combinations of Jordan's would release...why? because those are the Bulls team colors, how would Jordan have looked with his red jersey and shorts with some lime green, orange, and pink shoes....shoes are at least supposed to match the player's while they are on the court...if Lebron had stayed in Cleveland then there would be no SB CW's or any other exotic colors...so in closing any other CW outside of the HEAT's team colors that release we should just be glad to have the option to cop or not and with so many X's coming out there is bound to be at least 1 non team related CW that you like and cop!

I do not look forward to dunkmans/xmas at all any year or model..they should both be X'd out of the line.. They are just ok nothin special and definitely boring as hell

Last edited:
^It's just a different era now man. I get your point, but it ain't the 90s no more. I agree back then, you knew what colors you were gonna get, and the non-team colors were be a bonus. Now, every sig has 20-30+ colorways release every year, and even when Lebron was still in Cleveland, he still had plenty of "non-team" colorways for his sigs. It's been like this for years now, so I don't think it's wrong to have high expectations, especially with the amount of money we're spending on this hobby. End of the day, it's all first world problems, so it's not that serious :lol:

Nike's gonna put out whatever they have lined up, and there's still NikeID if somebody doesn't like the current colorways. Just hoping whatever's coming up catches my eye.

Jordan XI = Same old colors executed perfectly. Has been a classic ever since.

Lebron X = a handful of Heat colorways, same old colors but none done exactly perfect IMO. Passable, good even, but nothing that will stand as a classic color.

Lebron's Home PE's - white with the black vents - come closest to a classic colorway that people would've remembered.

^It's just a different era now man. I get your point, but it ain't the 90s no more. I agree back then, you knew what colors you were gonna get, and the non-team colors were be a bonus. Now, every sig has 20-30+ colorways release every year, and even when Lebron was still in Cleveland, he still had plenty of "non-team" colorways for his sigs. It's been like this for years now, so I don't think it's wrong to have high expectations, especially with the amount of money we're spending on this hobby. End of the day, it's all first world problems, so it's not that serious :lol:
Nike's gonna put out whatever they have lined up, and there's still NikeID if somebody doesn't like the current colorways. Just hoping whatever's coming up catches my eye.

Exactly.

The reason we even have expectations is due to everything you just stated Wayne. I'm not saying the CWs out are bad or ugly by any means, whatsoever. All I'm saying is the Lava CW is the only one that has utilized some alteration of the upper from a one-colored scheme. The Black/Red CW that surfaced does, and awfully might I add, but the Lava shows what can be if Nike utilized all the parts of the shoe to come up with a dope, intricate CW. The one color designs don't do it for me, but that's just my opinion. The Carbons are probably the cleanest CW out, but they look too similar to my iD's lol.

Exactly.
The reason we even have expectations is due to everything you just stated Wayne. I'm not saying the CWs out are bad or ugly by any means, whatsoever. All I'm saying is the Lava CW is the only one that has utilized some alteration of the upper from a one-colored scheme. The Black/Red CW that surfaced does, and awfully might I add, but the Lava shows what can be if Nike utilized all the parts of the shoe to come up with a dope, intricate CW. The one color designs don't do it for me, but that's just my opinion. The Carbons are probably the cleanest CW out, but they look too similar to my iD's lol.

Yeah, point blank, the X's have too many cookie-cutter colorways. If there were 20 good colorways it'd be different. Instead, its really lazy and simple uppers, slap on a 1 or 2 other colors around the swoosh and sole. The Canary's and Dunkman's are almost the same things.

You look at how Jordan's were. It wasn't the fact that they only had a handful of colors; it's the fact that they put thought into each one. Even if it was simple, it was effective.

The X's are just not that good of a shoe. If you disagree because you have a bunch of them good for you. IMO nothing released is worth either the price or hassle of getting. The Kobe's are 140, the KD's are 115, but the LBJ's are 180,200, and 250? Really? Keep'm Nike. And best believe that the SB colorway will be 250.

The only reason people are buying them up is because they think that every colorway will be the next big resell shoe, that's it. IMO of course.

Not to say I think they are ugly just nothing to be excited about

Last edited:
Maybe a bit of an exaggeration on the last part because most of the people in this thread probably like the shoe for being the shoe. If you meant the only reason they're selling out, then yeah I can see that.

I bought the Pressures cause I like the shoes... though I find myself thinking the colors on them could've been done better.

The shoe design is good, at least I think. But maybe it's just not a good model for color blocking. Maybe these are as best as they can do.

Last edited:
Lebron X's are great... but nothing will touch the Kobe 5 as far as performance
/debate
Well alrighty then! 
laugh.gif

I guess that nobody can have an opinion that differs from your's, on what actually works for them!

Bravo!

um...... Your from ny like me and i know you saw what the lebron 9 did up here. People definitely care about lebron kicks, just not this model. Watch what happens when they drop an official south beach colorway again. 

Farce

. Most people only copped the SB to flip. I work in the shoe game. The 9's didn't do as great as you think. Just because you seen a few hood boogers wearing a pair doesnt mean much. Most colorways were even sent back to the warehouse because they simply didn't move. One of the highlights of my Summer was coppin the swingman and SLH for 90.00.

Then again, I didn't pay retail for any of the 10 colorways (the 9) I bought, nor will i be paying retail for any X's so what do I know? :lol:

Last edited:
Farce
. Most people only copped the SB to flip. I work in the shoe game. The 9's didn't do as great as you think. Just because you seen a few hood boogers wearing a pair doesnt mean much. Most colorways were even sent back to the warehouse because they simply didn't move. One of the highlights of my Summer was coppin the swingman and SLH for 90.00.
Then again, I didn't pay retail for any of the 10 colorways (the 9) I bought, nor will i be paying retail for any X's so what do I know? :lol:

Well said my dude. We had to mark down our entire run of the NT praised 'Swingman' and they hit the outlets en masse - the general public was just not feeling them. SLH sold mainly on hype and now there are brand new pairs going on my local Kijiji for well under retail.

The X's are just not that good of a shoe. If you disagree because you have a bunch of them good for you. IMO nothing released is worth either the price or hassle of getting. The Kobe's are 140, the KD's are 115, but the LBJ's are 180,200, and 250? Really? Keep'm Nike. And best believe that the SB colorway will be 250.

The only reason people are buying them up is because they think that every colorway will be the next big resell shoe
, that's it. IMO of course.

Not to say I think they are ugly just nothing to be excited about

THIS RIGHT HERE PRETTY MUCH SUMS UP THIS MODEL.

Farce

paid 85 for cool grey 9s

Were Lava's a QS release? I thought they were GR and was surprised when the big Footlocker I usually go to that gets most releases didnt have them.

Well said my dude. We had to mark down our entire run of the NT praised 'Swingman' and they hit the outlets en masse - the general public was just not feeling them. SLH sold mainly on hype and now there are brand new pairs going on my local Kijiji for well under retail.

Damn. Where you located?

while i agree that SB is played out.... in no way is it dead

the beasts thirst for this CW, would sell out instantly and have crazy resell on the X

I agree completely. By "dead", I meant Nike wasn't going back to that theme in terms of in-house colorways.

Farce
Then again, I didn't pay retail for any of the 10 colorways (the 9) I bought, nor will i be paying retail for any X's so what do I know?
laugh.gif
Boy, I wish i could've found some miami nights, chinas, cannons, big bangs and hurricanes collecting dust so i could've copped below retail. *sigh*

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom