Official LeBron X Thread Vol. 2: Corks and Volts Launch 2/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
The carbons can be made to go with a lot of stuff with a simple lace switch and an addition of lock if u have an extra

You are correct. People do not call me a troll because my opinion is different. They call me a troll because they can't say what it is that they really WANT to say.

In regard to my defending Adidas, or even the Rose line, people do go into the DRose thread, then complain about the pricing, and that DRose got injured while wearing Adidas.

But I simply sit back in that thread, then let people have their say. No fear of dissension from me. I don't care what you think. I don't whine and complain about people coming in under different names, talking about their dislike of Adidas, simply because of what you've just stated, people are going to buy, what they want to buy.

Not that I actually give a damn as to what any of YOU buy, but that does not stop me from using my right to speak my mind, as I see fit.

Say what you want about them, because unlike people like you, I don't buy things in order to impress others.

i dont have anything against you personally, i dont even know you besides what you post so lets get that out of the way first and foremost.

i never ever stated that i bought any pair of shoes to impress anyone. so i have know idea of who's butt you pulled that out of. i have no problem with adidas or the Rose line. anyone who blames any modern tech shoe for a torn ACL is crazy anyway.

i just think to suggest that the lebron X sits (which is correct) and not point out that the Drose sits as well is a wash. i could spin a globe close my eyes and stop it with my finger, then travel to the nearest shoe spot and find a FSR of any Drose shoe that has released so far. but again, thats neither here nor there.

the lebron X is clearly as bball shoe. to make a bball shoe out of premium leather or real suede is just not smart performance wise. is the lebron X plastic? yes (hyperfuse) but i have never heard
anyone call it "premium plastic". it is what it is. again, its not as if the drose is made out of a better material...its synthetic as well.

price wise, the drose has went up just as the lebron, and everything else in this country, so again...what exactly is your point?

i have always thought that you somewhat made sense. but i think alot of the things you say specifically towards nike and the lebron line apply to adidas and jordan and every other popular sneaker line as well.

lastly, i think nike should come hard with the lifestyle lines so that they will please both crowds, the true performance guys and the premium quality materials guys

^ to add to RawDawg's point:

I've hooped in my X's 3 days a week for about 2 hours each day for the past 2.5 weeks. Call em plastic, call em trash, call the upper whatever you want, but I will take it any day out of the week over leather. Why? Because after wearing leather kicks, there's a chance that some of it has scraped off leaving that grey-ish tint almost like a skid mark, or they crease like crazy, and are much much harder to clean after wears. The hyperfuse? I just take a wet towel and wipe em off, if there's some dirt that's harder to get off, I scrub for like 20 seconds and they're gone. Not to mention hardly any creasing, scuffing to a minimum, and even if they are scuffed the black metallic finish on the upper for fuse makes it look like the scuffs have blended in with the upper. You have to hold them right up to your face to really notice.

Y'all can have leather, and I understand it makes a shoe when you have a nice fit with some jeans a tee and matching fitted, but for hooping purposes, I'm all aboard on the hyperfuse upper. The prices are understandably whack, but times are changing and sneaks are changing with them folks, you wanna live in the "golden era" or whatever some refer to it as then by all means scoops some OG stuff off ebay, but I think this new direction Nike is going in isn't necessarily bad, but yes, it is DIFFERENT.

i dont have anything against you personally, i dont even know you besides what you post so lets get that out of the way first and foremost.
i never ever stated that i bought any pair of shoes to impress anyone. so i have know idea of who's butt you pulled that out of. i have no problem with adidas or the Rose line. anyone who blames any modern tech shoe for a torn ACL is crazy anyway.
i just think to suggest that the lebron X sits (which is correct) and not point out that the Drose sits as well is a wash. i could spin a globe close my eyes and stop it with my finger, then travel to the nearest shoe spot and find a FSR of any Drose shoe that has released so far. but again, thats neither here nor there.
the lebron X is clearly as bball shoe. to make a bball shoe out of premium leather or real suede is just not smart performance wise. is the lebron X plastic? yes (hyperfuse) but i have never heard
anyone call it "premium plastic
". it is what it is. again, its not as if the drose is made out of a better material...its synthetic as well.
price wise, the drose has went up just as the lebron, and everything else in this country, so again...what exactly is your point?
i have always thought that you somewhat made sense. but i think alot of the things you say specifically towards nike and the lebron line apply to adidas and jordan and every other popular sneaker line as well.
lastly, i think nike should come hard with the lifestyle lines so that they will please both crowds, the true performance guys and the premium quality materials guys
This is an incredibly misleading statement, and if there weren't proof of  the contrary, I could see how people who didn't know any better, would actually believe this.

Let's get this out of the way first. All a sneaker is supposed to do, is to protect the foot, period. A shoes true performance is based upon durability, how quickly it snaps back after play. That's how a shoe shows it value, along with durability. There is no more durable of a material for shoes than leather. This is the reason that people prefer this material for dress footwear. Not only that, but it molds to the foot in such a way, that it becomes an extention OF the foot.

Those of us who rock leather dress shoes daily, know exactly what I am talking about.

Also with leather being an organic product, it can be rejuventated through actual wearings and proper care.

Now, the only thing that may not make it smart perfomance wise, is the  pressure placed upon the wallet of the company making the shoe. It's not cheap!

But why charge 250 for plastic, if you are not going to give us high quality materials?

They still use leather in the retro lines.

At the 14:26  mark, Hatfield talks about this futuristic plastic...but shoes like Jordan still being leather, then being something that you'd want to take care of...

The only thing that plastic is really better for, is to create a larger profit margin, which leads to a better performing portfolio.

I dig Adidas...who up until recently, when they went with their own ridiculous price increase on the Rose line, their shoes do not break down as quickly as those of Nike. Outside of the LeBron III and earlier models, Nike seems to want their fans to buy in bulk. But for the price of their top of the line shoes, this should not be the case. If the shoe is the best, I should not be worried about a shoe ripping in half during play, air bags bursting due to my stepping on a tack, or the flywire lace hole slipping down inside of a shoe, without my knowing how to retrieve it. The Durant line was the bigger bang for the buck, but Nike seems to not want a marquee player wearing a sub one hundred dollar shoe anymore.

Also, my two hundred dollar kicks should not be comparable to a Glad Bag in regard to texture and sheen, which is what some of these X's resemble. However, with a designer like Jason Petrie, it's probably apropos.

Longstroke,

if they use real leather on any Jordan retro, please show me! Because, every retro I've seen in recent history used (at best) synthetic materials...aka cheap plastic looking leather.

hyperfuse is a great breathable material for athletes. is it cheaper? More expensive? Does it justify the price hike? I doubt it...I'm with you. But if we are strictly talking performance, then hyperfuse is great.

as stated before, I hope Nike expands their lifestyle line to satisfy the growing need for premium materials on the shoe.

To say any shoe is more durable than another is debatable at best. There's no proof either way that your durability claim is true.

Last edited:
^^^
Wade didn't just leave JB cuz they made him ugly shoes, he left for Li-Ning because they offered him a stake in the company. For this very reason, I actually can see LeBron leaving to another company.
Nike is making so much money off other categories besides basketball, I wouldn't be surprised if they let him walk. They'd still have Kobe AND KD, so it's not like it's LeBron or bust with Nike basketball/ Nike Inc.
Plus Li-Ning offered Wade more money.   I doubt Lebron leaves Nike.    More then likely Nike is gonna give Lebron his own brand like they did with Jordan.   All the Lebron's with the swoosh on them are gonna be his og's because when Nike retros his shoes they will have the Lebron logo on them instead of Nike's logo.    Lebron is priority #1 for Nike.  Their gonna give Lebron what ever he wants.   Why have stake in Li-Ning when he will have his own brand?  He will be signing players to wear Lebrons in the next couple of years just watch.

most of the time I don't even bother posting. But today, I had enough of these trolls. Lebron signed a new deal in 2010 so how is this "10 year" deal over?
Lebron's the most marketable player in the NBA today and what makes you think Nike won't give him more money than he can imagine and perhaps his own side brand in the future. Without Lebron, I don't think they can sell $200 plastic.

does anyone read more than the current page these days ?!?!?!?!?!?! :smh:

Prisms look real nice, but they're basically the carbons with a cool sockliner and the jeweled plastic midsole piece. Neat shoe but I can't see myself paying full price *shrug*

missed the 11s this year because i over slept.. gonna try and cop the Christmas' now to make up for it :D

What's sad it that "premium" materials were "normal" materials back in that day

Amen brother - far too many cats here drinking the marketing Kool-Aid. This whole 'Premium Leather' nonsense is utter BS and nothing more than a cash grab from ignorant consumers. World consumption of meats has never been higher yet we're being bombarded with trashy synthetics on our clothing, furniture and footwear. These synthetics essentially only offer savings to the manufacturer and the high costs of petroleum to manufacture the synthetics are passed onto the consumer. So where exactly is all the animal skin going? Oh yeah it's being marketed to us a 'Premium/Supreme' product.

Saw this Closet Collector dude from FB post this today.
View media item 179521

Thoughts?

---

It's really hard for me to see this happening just because of how much Nike has invested in LeBron and how he's been one of the faces of the company for some years now. But part of me wants to see this just for the sake of seeing what effect it'll have on the shoe world.
My thoughts will be filled with nothing but glee, if this does indeed happen. Two young brothers building their own brand outside of Nike?

Why would I not be happy for them?!

:nthat:
Plus Li Ning could offer him more money too.

Lebron will not leave Nike. Way to much $ on the table. Li-Ning can't throw him any where near the type of $ Nike can. 

This is an incredibly misleading statement, and if there weren't proof of  the contrary, I could see how people who didn't know any better, would actually believe this.

Let's get this out of the way first. All a sneaker is supposed to do, is to protect the foot, period. A shoes true performance is based upon durability, how quickly it snaps back after play. That's how a shoe shows it value, along with durability. There is no more durable of a material for shoes than leather. This is the reason that people prefer this material for dress footwear. Not only that, but it molds to the foot in such a way, that it becomes an extention OF the foot.

Those of us who rock leather dress shoes daily, know exactly what I am talking about.

Also with leather being an organic product, it can be rejuventated through actual wearings and proper care.

Now, the only thing that may not make it smart perfomance wise, is the  pressure placed upon the wallet of the company making the shoe. It's not cheap!

But why charge 250 for plastic, if you are not going to give us high quality materials?

They still use leather in the retro lines.

At the 14:26  mark, Hatfield talks about this futuristic plastic...but shoes like Jordan still being leather, then being something that you'd want to take care of...

The only thing that plastic is really better for, is to create a larger profit margin, which leads to a better performing portfolio.

I dig Adidas...who up until recently, when they went with their own ridiculous price increase on the Rose line, their shoes do not break down as quickly as those of Nike. Outside of the LeBron III and earlier models, Nike seems to want their fans to buy in bulk. But for the price of their top of the line shoes, this should not be the case. If the shoe is the best, I should not be worried about a shoe ripping in half during play, air bags bursting due to my stepping on a tack, or the flywire lace hole slipping down inside of a shoe, without my knowing how to retrieve it. The Durant line was the bigger bang for the buck, but Nike seems to not want a marquee player wearing a sub one hundred dollar shoe anymore.

Also, my two hundred dollar kicks should not be comparable to a Glad Bag in regard to texture and sheen, which is what some of these X's resemble. However, with a designer like Jason Petrie, it's probably apropos.

Wrong again, shoes main job is to protect the foot, but breathe-ability and weight are just as important. If it wasn't...bball players would be wearing steel toe boots on the court.
With all of your strong opinions about the lebron line and nike in general, I have yet to read a valid point that doesnt apply across the board with all athletic brands.

again, if your first statement is/was true, then that fresh prince drose sneakermane posted is leather...which its not, its synthetic, PLASTIC. so again all your points are TRUE. BUT they apply across the board and not to nike or the LBJ line specifically as you would lead people to believe.

Last edited:
Wrong again, shoes main job is to protect the foot, but breathe-ability and weight are just as important.
According to who? 'sheed is still wearing AF1's while playing for the Knicks, and quite a few have been spotted playing in foams this and last year as well. Rondo has been wearing them off and on all year.
If it wasn't...bball players would be wearing steel toe boots on the court.
With all of your strong opinions about the lebron line and nike in general, I have yet to read a valid point that doesnt apply across the board with all athletic brands
This isn't about all athletic brands, this is about Nike's Lebron shoe, which retails for well over two hundred dollars after tax in some states. A two hundred dollar shoe, made completely out of plastic.

It's ridiculous.

I've posted what Tinker said, and he called it new age plastic.

laugh.gif

Here's what new age plastic does...

Quote:
again, if your first statement is/was true, then that fresh prince drose sneakermane posted is leather...which its not, its synthetic, PLASTIC. so again all your points are TRUE. BUT they apply across the board and not to nike or the LBJ line specifically as you would lead people to believe.
Refering to that pic above, has any other shoe, from any other company, done that as of last year?

That does not happen with a high quality product, not for one that retails at two hundred dollars.

Stuff like this should NOT happen, this is what a well made shoe looks like after balling...

Last edited:
LONG do I have to bring my statistics argument in on you again?! If Blake's shoes were the only shoe to have that happen then it is what you would call an outlier and would be insignificant in terms of trying to prove or disprove a point.

Basically, try harder, bruh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom