Official LeBron X Thread Vol. 2: Corks and Volts Launch 2/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
damn nike needs to hook up the mamba like this

IN WHAT WAY???

IM NOT GONNA LIE, I HATE KOBE, BUT HIS TEAM IS DOING RIGHT THINGS WITH THE 8.

ALBEIT NOT MUCH CHANGE IN DA SILHOUETTE, I AM ALL IN WITH DA ENGINEERED MESH.

I GUESS ITS THE PART OF ME WHO LOVES RUNNING SHOES.

SO FAR I CANT SEE MYSELF COPPING A X, UNLESS DA HOMES ARE NOT TOO SHINY

The line seems to not be moving here in NYC, as every release can be found at retail, in a pretty good size run from what I am told.

Here, three factors are in play. The bad economy, Sandy, and the price of these shoes. Bad timing on the part of these companies, as the thought of a high end plastic is not only an oxymoron, but an insult to the consumer who'll value their dollar, especially in these times.

Believe it or not, New Balance and Adidas Originals are both on the rise due to this, for people who are not about ball, or sporting hoops shoes. 

Via Matt Powell:

Top sellers for November:  Jordan 4 “Bred”, 9 “Photo Blue”, Timberland 10061, Lebron X “Cutting Jade”, Jordan Spiz’ike Red/Black, Nike Air Force 1 white low, Monarch IV, Air Max Goadome and Timberland White Ledge.
Nike had 57 of the top 100 sellers, and Jordan 9.

I'm not saying that I don't believe you, but I am saying that you need more people...

he's talking about da factors that "dont show up on da stat sheet"

for middle tier crowd (100 and down) i must be assuming is what he's talking about.

with that said, i just copped a pair of cutting jade lebron X's...i got tired of looking at em on da wall, and from what this thread is looking like, unless you make em yourself

they aint gonna be better colors out so im one and done with da lebron X's.
Where you cop them from Ninja?? I feel the same way as you but I want the Jades and Carbons. I think I'll continue working on putting my 9s collection back togethter, unless I see a pair of X that blow me away
eek.gif
my local footlocker had my size still lingering in da back.

The Christmas pair should be easy to cop like the rest of the X's.   There limited but theres really no big buzz about them which is good for me.   lol

Last edited:
Alright y'all here's a new idea on this year's ASG theme:

I don't think that they're just completely re-doing the "Galaxy" theme this year. It clearly is related to space, BUT I think Nike is doing an "Alien" theme this year. I mean look at the pics of the ASG Brons and Kd's that we have so far, both appear to have an "alien skin" look to their uppers. Also, the insole of the KD V says Area 72 on it which relates to Area 51, which is associated with aliens, but they used "72" instead of "51" because of Nike's establishment in 1972. Idk if I'm right guys, but it makes a lot of sense to me.

damn nike needs to hook up the mamba like this

IN WHAT WAY???

IM NOT GONNA LIE, I HATE KOBE, BUT HIS TEAM IS DOING RIGHT THINGS WITH THE 8.

ALBEIT NOT MUCH CHANGE IN DA SILHOUETTE, I AM ALL IN WITH DA ENGINEERED MESH.

I GUESS ITS THE PART OF ME WHO LOVES RUNNING SHOES.

SO FAR I CANT SEE MYSELF COPPING A X, UNLESS DA HOMES ARE NOT TOO SHINY
kobes have looked the same for like 5 years now.. all they did was add a jordan 17 low like sock one year.:smh::smh:

Last edited:
I'm not gonna lie, I normally disagree with LONGSTROKE on most things he says ( :lol: ) but I have to agree with a lot of what he has said as of late. Plus, this kind of discussion is good (as I say this, flame war begins).

Alright y'all here's a new idea on this year's ASG theme:
I don't think that they're just completely re-doing the "Galaxy" theme this year. It clearly is related to space, BUT I think Nike is doing an "Alien" theme this year. I mean look at the pics of the ASG Brons and Kd's that we have so far, both appear to have an "alien skin" look to their uppers. Also, the insole of the KD V says Area 72 on it which relates to Area 51, which is associated with aliens, but they used "72" instead of "51" because of Nike's establishment in 1972. Idk if I'm right guys, but it makes a lot of sense to me.

Good idea, only one problem: why would they call attention to the "Leo" for the LeBron All-Star Xs if it were an alien theme? I'm not knocking your idea, I'm just pointing something out. That's why I believe it to be a constellation/space theme. Only time will tell.

^ i never know but then again im lifted
Good idea, only one problem: why would they call attention to the "Leo" for the LeBron All-Star Xs if it were an alien theme? I'm not knocking your idea, I'm just pointing something out. That's why I believe it to be a constellation/space theme. Only time will tell.

i was thinking maybe lebrons a loe........but he isnt

Last edited:
Saw this Closet Collector dude from FB post this today.

View media item 179521
Thoughts?

---

It's really hard for me to see this happening just because of how much Nike has invested in LeBron and how he's been one of the faces of the company for some years now. But part of me wants to see this just for the sake of seeing what effect it'll have on the shoe world.

Thoughts?
---
It's really hard for me to see this happening just because of how much Nike has invested in LeBron and how he's been one of the faces of the company for some years now. But part of me wants to see this just for the sake of seeing what effect it'll have on the shoe world.
My thoughts will be filled with nothing but glee, if this does indeed happen. Two young brothers building their own brand outside of Nike?

Why would I not be happy for them?!

nthat.gif

Thoughts?
---
I dont think that will happen but that would be huge! 

i really doubt nike would let Lebron go. He is the biggest name in basketball right now and probably will be for a while now.  And i don't think Li-Ning has as deep of pockets as Nike when it comes to Lebrons new contract. Nor the market capture here in the US for Lebron to consider it

Yeah I hear you man, and I could for sure see that theme too, like you said only time will tell. Just wish we could get some pics of the ASG Kobe's and maybe have some closure with this whole thing. Meanwhile.. I patiently wait lol

I would be extremely surprised if he left. However, I think it would be a great move for consumers and lebron. Nothing wrong with a little competition in the footwear biz. Lets not forget how great the 90s were with reebok, Nike, fila, and adidas.

If he didnt go to UnderArmor I dont see him going to LiNing

And in the off chance he does leave, Nike will milk those retroes. Maybe we can finally get HWC 7's

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom