Official LeBron X Thread Vol. 2: Corks and Volts Launch 2/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
:lol:

GOOD LUCK TO THOSE TRYING TO COP CORKS, A PAIR OF SHOES NIKE DOESN'T WANT YOU TO HAVE. CAN ANYBODY IMAGINE HOW JORDAN BRAND WOULD BE TODAY IF THEY DID THE SAME THINGS THEN THAT THE LEBRON LINE DOES NOW?

PRISMS ARE STILL TRASH.

JADES >>>>>>>>>>>> CHRISTMAS. JADES SHOULD OF BEEN THE CHRISTMAS SHOE.

:lol:
GOOD LUCK TO THOSE TRYING TO COP CORKS, A PAIR OF SHOES NIKE DOESN'T WANT YOU TO HAVE. CAN ANYBODY IMAGINE HOW JORDAN BRAND WOULD BE TODAY IF THEY DID THE SAME THINGS THEN THAT THE LEBRON LINE DOES NOW?

I swear I've been saying this for the last 3 years. **** makes absolutely no sense whatsoever ...... :smh:

Last edited:
I swear I've been saying this for the last 3 years. **** makes absolutely no sense whatsoever ...... :smh:

It makes PLENTY of sense. Before they started excluding all of the best colorways of yearly models Lebron's sig line was lackluster and didn't garnish much attention in the lifestyle/casual realms. Once Nike started withholding the dopest colorways people started yearning for the line. It's a classic case of battered woman syndrome, the worse Nike treats its consumers in regards to wants and pricing the more the consumer wants that "exclusive" product. Mostly due to Nike's consumer demographic seeing sneakers as a sign of status and financial wealth. Makes perfect sense.

Last edited:
Like for real though how do people get kicks so early before they're released? if you're a sz 9 or 10 you can get these early for the low price of $340
tongue.gif

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Nike-Lebron...750&pid=100015&prg=1006&rk=1&sd=251199615712&

I'm sure I, along with everyone else who wishes the other PE version of the homes would release but I'm still going to have to settle for these to add my LBJ X collection but certainly not for $340 lol!!

IT MAKES NO SENSE TO ME. WHAT'S THE POINT OF DOING ADVERTISING, SHOWING OF THE SHOES, AND HAVING LEBRON WEAR THEM IF THEY AREN'T OBTAINABLE. THAT DOESN'T MAKE ME WANT TO BUY MORE LEBRONS. IT ACTUALLY HAS THE OPPOSITE EFFECT.

I'LL TRY TO COP THE GALAXIES IF OBTAINABLE AND THEN IM PEACING OUT ON THE LEBRON 10.

I'm with memphis and sneakermane on this one. i think there are 3 reasons people didn't "yearn" over lebrons until the 9's and 10's (somewhat the 8's)--none of which has to do with withholding dope colorways:

(1) lebron became a bigger star and icon in the last couple of years since going to miami. yes he was amazing statistically in cleveland and they won 60 games and all that, but he was still in cleveland, and a lot of people still didn't believe the hype, were still buying exclusively jordans, etc. i mean, the cleveland v san antonio finals was one of the lowest rated finals ever. ain't nobody cared. teaming up with wade and bosh in miami made national mainstream news and made his brand that much hotter.

(2) i don't think the lebron designs had mainstream appeal until the 9 and 10. they were just basketball shoes, and looked pretty clunky for casual wear. first time i saw the 9's, i was like dam that's just a nice silhouette regardless of whose name is behind it. i could wear it with jeans. i know a lot of people here won't agree especially in this thread full of long-time lebron shoe fans, but elsewhere, i think a lot of people would agree

(3) the decline of jordan brand coinciding with the release of the 9's and 10's

Last edited:
I'm with memphis and sneakermane on this one. i think there are 3 reasons people didn't "yearn" over lebrons until the 9's and 10's (somewhat the 8's)--none of which has to do with withholding dope colorways:
(1) lebron became a bigger star and icon in the last couple of years since going to miami. yes he was amazing statistically in cleveland and they won 60 games and all that, but he was still in cleveland, and a lot of people still didn't believe the hype, were still buying exclusively jordans, etc. i mean, the cleveland v san antonio finals was one of the lowest rated finals ever. ain't nobody cared. teaming up with wade and bosh in miami made national mainstream news and made his brand that much hotter.
(2) i don't think the lebron designs had mainstream appeal until the 9 and 10. they were just basketball shoes, and looked pretty clunky for casual wear. first time i saw the 9's, i was like dam that's just a nice silhouette regardless of whose name is behind it. i could wear it with jeans. i know a lot of people here won't agree especially in this thread full of long-time lebron shoe fans, but elsewhere, i think a lot of people would agree
(3) the decline of jordan brand coinciding with the release of the 9's and 10's

I agree with you and Memphis as well, don't think we are making counter arguments. You have some reasons to why his line got popular and I gave reasons why Nike approaches their customers the way they do. Not exactly opposing arguments...

IT MAKES NO SENSE TO ME. WHAT'S THE POINT OF DOING ADVERTISING, SHOWING OF THE SHOES, AND HAVING LEBRON WEAR THEM IF THEY AREN'T OBTAINABLE. THAT DOESN'T MAKE ME WANT TO BUY MORE LEBRONS. IT ACTUALLY HAS THE OPPOSITE EFFECT.
I'LL TRY TO COP THE GALAXIES IF OBTAINABLE AND THEN IM PEACING OUT ON THE LEBRON 10.
i need more pics of those galaxies, theyre not looking good so far

I still need those jades.. Smh. Gonna look around an see what i can find. Bills & shoes are not a good mix when it comes to your wallet.

That's the price in Australian $ not US$.

I expect the Corks to be priced between $200 - $270, similar to the pricing of the Nike+ versions of the Xs.

And while I'm not a fan of the Corks, I think it's ridiculous that all signs point to Nike making these extremely limited.

Anybody know how long the laces are in inches? I'm trying to buy a red oval pair for the Xmas too

The KDs and Kobes are pretty much all gone . I find it surprising how the Lebron are still sitting according to Nike LA and Santa Monica
Its the price and pretty much the same colorway for 3 years in a row now..   The Lebron X's have been a disappointment so far.   A bunch of plain colorways and I feel like Nike raising the price on the Lebron line by so much drove a lot of people away from coppin.   The red diamonds are still sitting on shelves and they were more limited then the Kobes and the Durants

Last edited:
Yall can complain all you want, but having the Corks (or any Lebron X) shoe limited to FL, it's equally due to Nike AND Lebron. A limited, exclusive shoe builds hype, and we all know Nike and Lebron wants hype for this shoe. Nike CAN release this shoe nationwide, but than it's not as limited or exclusive for the Lebron camp if people in LA, Texas, Chicago, hell even New Mexico can get them.

It goes back to the days (and still happen nows), of Lebron keeping some exclusives for him and his crew, its that hoiler than thou, ego type attitude.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom