Official LeBron X Thread Vol. 2: Corks and Volts Launch 2/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a heads up to anyone not paying attention, if you want to buy these shoes.

You will get the best prices between now and thursday, after that theres no telling what direction prices may go.

Could tumble to around 500 or they could stay around 1000 dollar mark a lot of guys are looking for.

There are a number of guys that resell but can't afford to not sell their shoes so getting these for between 450-650

is very doable if you keep your eyes open and pay attention.

For anyone that didn't know that FC size 11 was up around 7am est this morning.

I know because i used it as a negotiating point to get my size, dude didn't have a leg to stand on when i showed him

the biggest rapist reseller was at least using some lube.

I said before that I thought these would have a thin cork overlay, but damn homie is making sound like a POS.
EXACTLY..I think he is talking down on the shoe for no good reason, why would NIke make a shoes that MSRP for $250 for it not be worn?  That makes no sense, I'm sure they did wear testing on these and their QC department would throw up red flags if they crumbled after 2-3 wears...

Also, this isn't Nike's 1st go 'round with using cork upper...anybody remember the Bespoke AF1?

That size 11 is most likely gone they take over 24 hours to update sometimes take the 20 percent of that 600 meaning the coassignee is only getting 480 would have been great if someone scooped that pair before he put them in the store

Shout out to the NTer who posted the suggestion to call HOH Beverly about the Lebron crew neck sweatshirt, was able to get the SKU and take it to my local Footlocker..COPPED!!

nthat.gif

Has anyone come up with any creative ways of keeping the cork upper fully intact?

From what I can gather from the pics, and correct me if I'm wrong, is that cork appears to be a thin layer that is fused/glued on to another material.

So is the chipping due to the fusing process or an inherent characteristic of the cork itself?

In terms of maintenance, is the goal to keep the upper pliable without being exceedingly dried out?
Just avoid dry, low humidity, hot areas just to play it safe...

The corks seems to be pressed and the chipping I think is intentional because of the laser engraved swoosh.. that's just my opinion..

I like the chipping though it gives the sneakers imperfections thus giving it this "age" look... 

To be honest I wouldn't really gamble on wearing my pair, 'coz if I've already noticed that right along toecap/toebox is gonna be a nightmare..
frown.gif

But all in all I think it's a great sneakers, It's a definitely collectors piece... 

I really like how Nike added perforatons/embossed to match its basketball counterpart.. 
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom