Official LeBron X Thread Vol. 2: Corks and Volts Launch 2/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
CORKS WILL BE THAT SHOE THAT IS SUPER HYPED AND MOST WILL PAY A RIDICULOUS AMOUNT OF MONEY FOR BUT WHEN THEY GET THEM THEY WILL GET THAT, "WHY DID I BUY THESE?" FEELING.

I HAVE NO PROBLEM SELLING THESE FOR THAT PRICE.

Nike knows what they're are doing... If corks were a GR, they would rot on shelves. If its still Jades & Christmas pairs "sitting" on shelves in some places, these would do the same. Slap a limited tag, special packaging, & a back story on a shoe an there you go.

Is there a way to get them shipped to a footlocker in Santa Barbara?
Only way to do it through eaither a stock locator or see if that store would do a shipout to your closest store 10 times out of 10, the manager isnt going to go for it, So stock locator will be your best bet. Weird though, When I tried to Stock Locate for a customer it said unavailable. Not sure if the FTL sku is the same, but the Sku from Footaction is 41-12136-8-04 _ _ _

I thought the corks were cool but I'm not going to waste my time with the nonsense surrounding them.

On another note, the more I look at the dolphins/settings, the more I realize nike got them right. (Dull orange and all) The colors work well together. I told myself i'd pass on them but I'm starting to reconsider. One of the better X's next to the Pressure's and Christmas's imo
View media item 208210.

i feel like the corks have overshadowed the galaxys... i mean the the corks are slated to release the 23rd while the galaxys are likely to release the week of all star weekend which is a whole week before the 23rd, yet i havent seen any release information or even detailed pics of the galaxys while ive seen every angle of the corks(which just keep reaffirming my stance of 
sick.gif
). whats up with the galaxys nike these and the ring ceremony cw r the only definate retail lebron x pick ups in my future.

I thought the corks were cool but I'm not going to waste my time with the nonsense surrounding them.
On another note, the more I look at the dolphins/settings, the more I realize nike got them right. (Dull orange and all) The colors work well together. I told myself i'd pass on them but I'm starting to reconsider. One of the better X's next to the Pressure's and Christmas's imo
View media item 208210.

Same. And a couple of days ago I was making fun of the name and the concept. But the dull orange actually works in their favor, for me anyway, cuz I wouldn't wear a shoe that could be immediately associated with the dolphins. Nothing against them, they're just not my team. Also, these scream summertime lounging shoe..

I saw some confusion as to release dates...I will clear them up...

The official release dates on:

Yellow Diamond = moved from 1/12 and is now 1/19
Volt Dunkman = 2/23 (it was 1/12 at some point, yes)

CORKS WILL BE THAT SHOE THAT IS SUPER HYPED AND MOST WILL PAY A RIDICULOUS AMOUNT OF MONEY FOR BUT WHEN THEY GET THEM THEY WILL GET THAT, "WHY DID I BUY THESE?" FEELING. .

Spoken for truth.....
I feel the exact same way.

And I actually kinda like those BHMs. Not sure if I'll cop, but that orange really makes them pop. Finally doing something a little different, which I like.

Last edited:
Not really feeling the BHM, but at least there's a stronger, more obvious cultural theme this year. Last year's print was underutilized, IMO. But on the other hand, maybe some will think they went overboard this year.

Something I definitely like about the X BHM and Dolphins (sorry, not calling it 'Setting') is that Nike made the diamond TPU plate a different colour from the upper AND the midsole. So it stands out, as it should. I don't understand why they hid the most obvious diamond reference on the whole shoe, by basically camaflouging it with the same colour as the upper on most of the previous releases.

The BHM's just kinda made the Lava's irrelevant, no? Especially considering the Lava's are still sitting on shelves...

I was planning on picking up the Lavas in like 2 years from an outlet for 69.99 with 30% off (like I've been doing on the Lebron 8 PS for the last few months).

Truthfully, I was hoping that they'd be a "+" model ($200) to hopefully keep some of the kiddies away...plus I like the texturized swoosh so much better than the flat one. But I ain't trippin. Now for the Kobes and Mikes...

Anybody know if the 1/19 date for the BHM collection is still a go?

Not a huge fan of the BHM's so far, but one thing I really like is that they put a design on the swoosh, that looks real nice

Anybody know if the 1/19 date for the BHM collection is still a go?

I hope that's not true. That would be two release dates with two Colorways for such an expensive shoe. On 1/19, a LeBron X collector would have to part with $360+. On 2/23, if lucky, the Collector would have to part with $480.

Mind, you there are other BHM releases, but then again, it seems like Nike is throttling customers with high-profile releases this calendar year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom