Official LeBron X Thread Vol. 3

Nike gave me 15% back on my order. because of the messed up logos. LOL

I guess 40.31back is good too keep me happy =)

Wanted to share my experience with my second pair of Hazelnuts (already have one), ordered on NDC Europe on release date:

Pair looked nice, lasering was fine but it had a glue stain on the toe box in front. I sent a few pics and they offered me a refund, a 50% price cut/return, or a 20% on the next purchase.

I took the refund and withdraw my ebay auction immediately, cause I thought it would be unfair to sell a pair with a factory default and make even more profit with it (with a 50% refund it would be a big win). 

All in all, Nike reacted fast and offered good solutions to my problem.
I'll be happy if I get a 50% off... can't see it happening though. even though IMO £100 is still a lot of money for a shoe thats ****** up.

I'll be happy if I get a 50% off... can't see it happening though. even though IMO £100 is still a lot of money for a shoe thats ****** up.
Yeah I don't think I've ever heard of anyone getting a 50% refund here in the States. If only!

I'm not trying to tell anyone how to buy their shoes...

But when you know you won't be able to cop in person and see them before handing over your money, then you need to seriously do your research.

There were tons of videos and pics posted in this thread before RD that clearly showed all the defects that you guys are complaining about.

There was even a guy who posted about having to go through all the stores boxes and mix & match shoes just to get one decent pair.

That's ultimately why I backed out the last minute and decided not to cop.

I'm not saying you don't have the right to complain because you do.

But at this point Nike knows how many people are copping online, won't get a chance to see the shoe first and would rather resell than return. So do you really think they're taking losses on pairs that have glue stains, scuffs and ashy nubuck?

EVERYTHING IS GETTING SHIPPED OUT, BE CAREFUL

I sprayed my mints with waterproofer spray (stuff from shoepalace) It faded the swoosh and designs. At first I thought they were just wet and needed to dry but even after dry the swooshs and designs were less prominent
mean.gif
. I think maybe those designs were etched in with chemicals or something n the spray made the etchings lighter...idk. It may wear off over time but im not sure. I only sprayed the left shoe and they still look fresh so not serious. Just some words of warning to everyone.

Last edited:
I'm not trying to tell anyone how to buy their shoes...

But when you know you won't be able to cop in person and see them before handing over your money, then you need to seriously do your research.

There were tons of videos and pics posted in this thread before RD that clearly showed all the defects that you guys are complaining about.

There was even a guy who posted about having to go through all the stores boxes and mix & match shoes just to get one decent pair.

That's ultimately why I backed out the last minute and decided not to cop.

I'm not saying you don't have the right to complain because you do.

But at this point Nike knows how many people are copping online, won't get a chance to see the shoe first and would rather resell than return. So do you really think they're taking losses on pairs that have glue stains, scuffs and ashy nubuck?

EVERYTHING IS GETTING SHIPPED OUT, BE CAREFUL
Sure the info was there, but who knew if it was a bad batch or not?

The only store local to me is Hanon and they do not stock the shoes in store so I don't get to see them until after the release. I live 3 hours away from the closest nike store/footlocker and even those stores never get the QS releases so either way I'm not getting to pre-look at the shoes. But even if i knew so many of them was going to be dodgy I would still risk it, imo this shoe is the best out of the 4 exts and I wasn't going to miss it.

If its bad - complain and get discount

if its REALLY BAD - send them back free delivery / returns with ndc for 1 month.

cant really lose

Last edited:
thanks. yeah the guy made it pretty obvious he was getting the better end of the deal, he was texting me non stop to make the deal.

I just want my mints gone, really upset about it. I was considering hazelnuts as my next purchase but not sure if I want another letdown, at least with the area 72s I know the quality is on point. You win some and you lose some, this time I definitely took the loss. Time to move on from the EXT, at least my denims are smoking.
I hear you man I have corks, denims and got both hazelnuts and mints, but i had to sell hazelnuts and mints becuase the suede and creases in mine were ridiculous. and my haelnuts came in an orange box.... wth???
mean.gif
   Corks and Denims go hard tho!!! 
nthat.gif

I hear you man I have corks, denims and got both hazelnuts and mints, but i had to sell hazelnuts and mints becuase the suede and creases in mine were ridiculous. and my haelnuts came in an orange box.... wth???
mean.gif
   Corks and Denims go hard tho!!! 
nthat.gif
I was really not happy, I ended selling my mints, but I clearly showed in the pics what they were all about. I took a loss, not much it is what it is I am moving on. A part of me really wants another pair of mints, but I think I am better off just moving on from the EXT. Maybe another pair of denims, because I think they are fire.

I got a pair of Canary's from Nike Clearance. I am quite pleased. My first Brons since the 8 V2.
I wanted them since I saw them, not flashy, very neutral. Reminds me of 8 V1's cushiony feel.

Does anyone know if the crackled midsole on the area 72s are identical for each pair? I'm pretty sure I've seen different pairs with different patterns.

Does anyone know if the crackled midsole on the area 72s are identical for each pair? I'm pretty sure I've seen different pairs with different patterns.
It's definitely different on each pair.

BTW. Does anyone know any shops that carry waxed cotton laces? I'm trying to find a pair for my Denims in a navy and a brown.

I want the mints but seeing and hearing about all these quality issues is making it easier to pass on them and save that 320-370 resell price tag. I got the corks, demins, and 3 out of the 4 elites. I'm a chill until the Fire Red 5s....

Back
Top Bottom