Official LeBron X Thread Vol. 3

Guess $260 is an acceptable price now. NT's opinions on everything change after a week. Goes from "the denims are hideous" to "must haves". From "platinums look like childrens shoes, and are ugly as hell" to "well now that i saw THAT one picture...i gotta have em!" Elites are "ugly" to "so sick." From "Nike is charging us $260 for a shoe! This is an outrage and we should all refuse to buy these and show nike they cant just raise the price to anything they want" to "saw these in person, bought like 10 pairs. So satisfied" Smh. No solidarity behind anything on here lol.
I don't have a problem with people changing their minds on here.

The more annoying thing is people who feel need to be the first one to rush and post their opinion on a shoe.

You're almost always gonna change your mind when you jump out and say they're terrible at the first glimpse of a blurry cell phone pic taken under horrible lighting.

Then you see how the shoe really looks and end up coming off as someone who bought into the hype.

I also get annoyed with people who pretend a shoe is ugly because they don't think they'll have the money for it when it releases.

But the night before you get a couple gift cards and coupons together and now the shoe is fire and much better looking in person 
laugh.gif

The more annoying thing is people who feel need to be the first one to rush and post their opinion on a shoe.

You're almost always gonna change your mind when you jump out and say they're terrible at the first glimpse of a blurry cell phone pic taken under horrible lighting.

Then you see how the shoe really looks and end up coming off as someone who bought into the hype.

I also get annoyed with people who pretend a shoe is ugly because they don't think they'll have the money for it when it releases.

But the night before you get a couple gift cards and coupons together and now the shoe is fire and much better looking in person 
laugh.gif
i can agree. being broke is no reason to hate. i only have a issue when its the sameeee people changing their mind on EVERY release lol. at that point, withhold your opinion, vibe out for a while, then say something. cuz for example, the platinums never looked different. but the opinions did a 180 from the people eager to call them childrens shoes as SOON as other people said they were hot, which was right around when lebron instagrammed himself wearing em lol

laugh.gif
i can agree. being broke is no reason to hate. i only have a issue when its the sameeee people changing their mind on EVERY release lol. at that point, withhold your opinion, vibe out for a while, then say something. cuz for example, the platinums never looked different. but the opinions did a 180 from the people eager to call them childrens shoes as SOON as other people said they were hot, which was right around when lebron instagrammed himself wearing em lol
So true and now the same with the black; But Gentry said it would be different and also the material looks different enough in the pik to not even consider comparing them. And yes you people let lighting and camera quality affect your decisions.

Damn people can't changed their minds 
laugh.gif
? If they do change their minds, it's a major event why? Being broke is no reason to hate? How can you assess a person's funds through a message board? 

Damn people can't changed their minds 
laugh.gif
? If they do change their minds, it's a major event why? Being broke is no reason to hate? How can you assess a person's funds through a message board? 
well...i was responding to where he was talking about those who dont like shoes because they cant afford them, until the night before they get some coupons and discounts and all the sudden the shoes are fire... hence, being broke is no reason to hate. get it? other than that, we're just running commentary, we're not the niketalk police lol

So how do the elites feel on-foot compared to the regular Xs? Are the new features at all noticeable when wearing them casually? I have a pair of regular 10s and I think they feel great, if the elites had even more cushioning/more ventilation/any other significant improvements it might put me over the edge on the white/gold elites once they go on sale. 

Annoyed about people changing their mind, yet multiple props being given to the dude waaaay ^ there that thinks that the suedes are ill, but said time and time again that the black NSW would NOT be suede....

Saw the superhero elites in person today.

Maybe the laces need to be loosened up or something bc what I saw looked awful.

So how do the elites feel on-foot compared to the regular Xs? Are the new features at all noticeable when wearing them casually? I have a pair of regular 10s and I think they feel great, if the elites had even more cushioning/more ventilation/any other significant improvements it might put me over the edge on the white/gold elites once they go on sale. 
Compared the the Settings I have, the 2 elites I have seem a little more snug. Have all 3 in 11.5 and the regular X fits a little roomy in the front but the elites make my foot feel strapped in. The heel is way stiffer obviously due to carbon fiber. And also because of carbon on sides/shank/etc it feels a tiny bit more narrow.

Someone mentioned before that the zoom on the elites is lower (less zoom) in order to give a closer-to-the-ground feel. In pics, however, I can't tell a difference, and in all the product descriptions it's not mentioned. Is it actually true or not?

Also i see people from NY/NJ selling these early so i would try for retail in the NY/NJ area because alot of people want those Grape V's.

wow people slept real hard on the entire superhero pack
grin.gif
 still a fsr on dam near every major online sites

wow people slept real hard on the entire superhero pack
grin.gif
 still a fsr on dam near every major online sites
Yea none of these are doin it for me.  The color blocking is good and all but isn't a must cop by any means, especially for the price.

wow people slept real hard on the entire superhero pack>D  still a fsr on dam near every major online sites

Saw this as well, but I wanted to go check them out in person today at all my spots... FTL, FTA, and Champs, all in the same mall. Got there around 11:30. Well they look great in person. Good in pics but better in person. I was going to cop...but EVERY store did not have my damn size, 8.5. About 5-7 pairs had already moved at each store of the LeBron but didn't ask about the other pairs. Although I did hear Kobe pairs were about 20-24 per store. Not very large quantities, but I would have expected that. I tried on a half size up in the superhero and my size in the home Elite. Going to stay with my true 8.5, but I am an 8 in older LeBron's and all Jordans so I would say still go up a half.

They feel like a sturdier and more padded regular X. Think they are great, but didn't feel any noticable differences in the Zoom responsiveness, even though it was a 2 minute walk around the store. However I will leave the "worth it" conversation out of this one, I like them was going to cop, end of story.

Guess it wasn't meant to be for me today though, so I came home and copped a non + enabled Elite iD. Email says expected delivery date is 6/5/13. And am looking to cop Crimson Elites a few days prior.

I think bottom line based on what I have seen in my usual spots is that Nike simply isn't shipping as many pairs out to stores as last year, but seems online should still be a swing for the fences for anyone who strikes out in person. But I highly recommend trying them on first! Hope my .02 helps NT :nerd:

Someone mentioned before that the zoom on the elites is lower (less zoom) in order to give a closer-to-the-ground feel. In pics, however, I can't tell a difference, and in all the product descriptions it's not mentioned. Is it actually true or not?

same exact max zoom bag. Just seems smaller because it's blacked out on the wht/gld pair

Back
Top Bottom