Official LeBron X Thread Vol. 3

Sneaker Addiction > Drug Addiction

If any of my sons have one.. I'll support it.. because things could be far worse in their life.

as long as they value the dollar they are spending it on.  My older sons realized once they grew out of Sample Size 9s the free Rare kicks would slow down. 

Once they passed my size 11/ 11.5 Free kicks would cease ALMOST altogether..  So they appreciated what it meant. One could care less about rare kicks.. and the other one is more like me.

But at size 14 and 15 at ages 15 and 17 they only get stuff my folks send me that arent being used and perhaps going to be shredded.

But it aint like it used to be.

Got my pure plats in today from OS LIfe. Im in love. Gotta pick up at least the asg and cork. I only need the MVP from future releases then im good!
I want those Corks like something fierce, but I can't bring myself to pay that much for a shoe from a reseller.

Y'all can beat it coming on a sneaker forum to talk about how sneaker collecting is an addiction :lol:

Like whats wrong with yall? Niketalk continues to amaze me :lol:

Last edited:
For all of those talking about sneakers being addicting, I used to be a drug addict. I went to rehab a year and a half ago and they told me while I was admitted that my addiction would switch from drugs to something else. And here I am today. Granted I try to limit my Purchases to only a pair every couple of months but when I got out I bought about three pair that month. I can see where sneakers could be addicting, but honestly it's really not the sneakers it's the personality of the person. I know that I have an addictive personality therefore I know I have to watch my Boundaries with everything in life that I am passionate about whether it be good or bad. Everybody is usually addicted to something. They just don't realize it.

Not to add fuel to the fire or stoke the flames but the fact there are sneaker addicts actually does harm everybody that buys sneakers casually or frantically. It sends the message to companies like Nike that they can sell whatever made from whatever and still sell the product to those that can't help themselves but to buy because of their addiction if a proper marketing strategy is applied to that substandard product.
Here's my take on the timeline of Jordan Brand (from the perspective of a dealer and fiend):

1)  BLUE MAGIC / I'M RICK JAMES *****/ JOHNNY DEPP IN BLOW ERA

JB was slinging that pure uncut raw back in the late 80s and early 90s that got people addicted.  (ie. OG...not OG at the time)

2)  CRACK ERA

2000s came along and sales weren't great. The addiction waned for most once Jordan retired.  JB steps their cook-up game up and re-markets their product, but they cut bakin soda into the mix to make more profit; 50% Raw and 50% Arm & Hammer (ie. collezione/DMP/retro+/etc.)   They even increase prices.

JB gets some OG fiends back into the mix because they miss the taste.  An even get new fiends hooked. 

3)  SECOND CRACK DECADE...aka the ENFAMIL AND SIMILAC HYPE ERA

2011-NOW.  JB be like

After seeing build up in sales...JB cuts their **** even more.  25% raw / 75% Enfamil.  New fiends turnt out to old crack heads and here come the new new wave of fiends.  [insert crack beasts]  

OGs getting fed up because this **** ain't hittin' em like it used to.  Some leave for good.  Some patiently waiting to see if JB will ever get back to to that columbian/cambodian raw. 

OGs tryin to school these young bucks about JB having that better raw back in the days,but it's not these youngin's fault that Jordan Brand "put a molly in their champagne and they ain't even know it" 

Middlemen (resellers) also want a piece of this pie because they know there's money to be made.

(SORRY WRONG THREAD)

edit:  I've moved onto the Lebron (9/10) and KD (4/5) line.

Now I'll ****

Last edited:
Y'all can beat it coming on a sneaker forum to talk about how sneaker collecting is an addiction
laugh.gif

Like whats wrong with yall? Niketalk continues to amaze me
laugh.gif
Just a couple dudes who see people with more than they can possible acquire in such a short amount of time,

And need to convince them selves that they are somehow more superior than the person who has everything they actually want.

I pay no attention to any of that.

I know what my number of purchases are for the year(25-30) and plan around that. 

I don't think addiction could possibly be planned out and controlled.

Drugs addicts get high every time they need to not 2-3 times a month.

For all of those talking about sneakers being addicting, I used to be a drug addict. I went to rehab a year and a half ago and they told me while I was admitted that my addiction would switch from drugs to something else. And here I am today. Granted I try to limit my Purchases to only a pair every couple of months but when I got out I bought about three pair that month. I can see where sneakers could be addicting, but honestly it's really not the sneakers it's the personality of the person. I know that I have an addictive personality therefore I know I have to watch my Boundaries with everything in life that I am passionate about whether it be good or bad. Everybody is usually addicted to something. They just don't realize it.

Congrats! Big accomplishment

Caliroots releasing the platinums in about 20 minutes. Saw it on Instagram so I'm not sure on what sizes or price....

Y'all can beat it coming on a sneaker forum to talk about how sneaker collecting is an addiction :lol:

Like whats wrong with yall? Niketalk continues to amaze me :lol:

Just a couple dudes who see people with more than they can possible acquire in such a short amount of time,

And need to convince them selves that they are somehow more superior than the person who has everything they actually want.

I pay no attention to any of that.

I know what my number of purchases are for the year(25-30) and plan around that. 

I don't think addiction could possibly be planned out and controlled.

Drugs addicts get high every time they need to not 2-3 times a month.

LMAO!!! Haters gonna Hate huh? FUNNY!

LOL

The point of sneaker heads just not being able to help themselves is dumb.

No kids are out there going hungry because their mom just had to double up on the corks.

And nobody's pops is selling all the furniture out of the house shoe can get every Colorway in his favorite.

That's addiction, this is controlled cause you dudes will pass on a shoe if you feel like Nike recycled a part of the design.

When's the last time you seen a dope head pass on product lol.

Anybody who has a problem with the size of another mans collection has to be hating.

LOL

No kids are out there going hungry because their mom just had to double up on the corks.

And nobody's pops is selling all the furniture out of the house shoe can get every Colorway in his favorite.

That's addiction, this is controlled cause you dudes will pass on a shoe if you feel like Nike recycled a part of the design.

Anybody who has a problem with the size of another mans collection has to be hating.

You're missing the point of what was being expressed. There wasn't a point of hating being made, at least not on my part. Instead of clutter the thread with continued back and forth I'll leave it alone and allow you to assume it must be hating. That's fine by me.

Would anybody happen to know if the Lava's are still around in FA or FTL?

Last edited:
You're missing the point of what was being expressed. There wasn't a point of hating being made, at least not on my part. Instead of clutter the thread with continued back and forth I'll leave it alone and allow you to assume it must be hating. That's fine by me.

here in tampa we got a few pairs lying around in the university mall. looking for a certain size?

I'm not sure about in FA or FTL, but I know where you may be able to find a pair for retail online.  I just copped a pair from last week and they are on the truck for delivery today!

here in tampa we got a few pairs lying around in the university mall. looking for a certain size?

I'm not sure about in FA or FTL, but I know where you may be able to find a pair for retail online.  I just copped a pair from last week and they are on the truck for delivery today!

Yeah I was looking for a size 13. Was hoping to find them in a FA, CHMP, or FTL because I have a gift card and a bday coupon. Had my fingers crossed they'd be discounted by now. If anybody has the SKU for any three of those stores for the Lavas I'd definitely appreciate a PM. Thanks!

Congrats! Big accomplishment

Thanks man! One day at a time!!
LOL

Definitely not hating. You're exactly right. Drug and alcohol addiction do ruin families, and you're right when you say no child is going to go hungry because they're mom just had to double up on corks. Addiction has many different levels. At one time I could go a few days without my drug, leaving it manageable to a certain degree. Most of the time though, as you said, it didn't matter the price, or place. If I could acquire it, it was mine. I'm not proud of that. Anyways, with the shoes. I know I'm borderline addicted. Looking at my instagram and it's shoes after shoes after shoes. I'm on niketalk a majority of the day talking about shoes. It's more than obsession.

I just got my LeBrons dropped off. Its my first Lebron shoe btw. Idk the material on the LeBrons seem very cheap. I don't know what it is. Maybe its because i mostly cop foams. Its just weird for me. But overall the shoe is fresh.

Back
Top Bottom