Official LeBron X Thread Vol. 3

yeah sure thing im new to the forums.. im sure this has been debated :D just curious howd that debate go?
It would go a lil sumthin like this, colors dont define manhood, now tht thts over......i remember ppl sayn if they knew where to get lebron ix white elites they would b gobblin them up if u want the link to where u can still buy them at retail PM me i always help out fello fam #killthebeast #killthehype

You know what would be really "strategical?" (sic)

Dedicate your efforts to improving your station in life such that you can just cop what you want, when you want.

Only on the modern NT does the dude who makes a post glorifying chasing "limited" releases fail to see the irony in calling somebody else as "acting like a kid" and being snow-jobbed by the hype of GRs. ...And, bonus points for aiming that misfire at "sneakermane" an NTer who has kept 100 since before half the people in this thread could spell Lebron.
You done sticking up for your boo?

I didn't "glorify" chasing limited releases Can you even read? I simply said if you like the limited stuff, which you will most likely spend AT LEAST $250 if not resell price, then it makes sense to not spend retail on a GR, especially one that you know will sit, unless you love them and 'need' them when they first come out or something...that's strategy, that doesn't make you 'cheap', 'desperate', a 'hypebeast', or whatever silly name you want to attach to it..

FACT..Lebron Carbons, Prisms, and Homes are all available in my area for $129.99, WELL after the release dates for each, respectively

You know nothing of my 'station' in life, so what are you even saying? Just because you have the ability to spend the money doesn't mean that you willingly do so all the time

I have no problem with sneakermane, i'm sure he's cool folk, but I just don't like when a GR releases, if it doesn't get as much hype as a limited pair, then some people say everybody is 'sleeping' or whatever, it's not 'sleeping', it's picking and choosing, if all a person happens to pick, whether that be for budgetary or other purposes, to put more energy and finances into copping the limited releases, so be it, that's not an indictment against sneaker collecting, it is what it is.

It would go a lil sumthin like this, colors dont define manhood, now tht thts over......i remember ppl sayn if they knew where to get lebron ix white elites they would b gobblin them up if u want the link to where u can still buy them at retail PM me i always help out fello fam #killthebeast #killthehype

Not to mention they're on eBay for under retail

Giving you a yeast infection? Do you have a vagina fam?
Thats the point... Skinny jeans to some of us look like the ones wearing them have them..

But again. do you... I dont judge... I'll wear my baggy jeans... 

I need room in the crotch area..

I didn't "glorify" chasing limited releases Can you even read? I simply said if you like the limited stuff, which you will most likely spend AT LEAST $250 if not resell price, then it makes sense to not spend retail on a GR, especially one that you know will sit, unless you love them and 'need' them when they first come out or something...that's strategy, that doesn't make you 'cheap', 'desperate', a 'hypebeast', or whatever silly name you want to attach to it..

FACT..Lebron Carbons, Prisms, and Homes are all available in my area for $129.99, WELL after the release dates for each, respectively

You know nothing of my 'station' in life, so what are you even saying? Just because you have the ability to spend the money doesn't mean that you willingly do so all the time

I have no problem with sneakermane, i'm sure he's cool folk, but I just don't like when a GR releases, if it doesn't get as much hype as a limited pair, then some people say everybody is 'sleeping' or whatever, it's not 'sleeping', it's picking and choosing, if all a person happens to pick, whether that be for budgetary or other purposes, to put more energy and finances into copping the limited releases, so be it, that's not an indictment against sneaker collecting, it is what it is.

My dude, the needless hyping up of GR kicks has been prevalent on NT for some time. This is an open forum that's gone steadily downhill in the past year. You just have to filter out the noise and carry on. It is highly plausible that some of the cats saying that you shouldn't sleep on the generic 'Black/Black' GR are Nike/JB employees.

Nevertheless, I think you might be alluding to that fact that sneakers which should be outlet bound are being copped at MSRP due to 'internet hype'. From my own experience, you can still get deals - whether it's the vendor taking a loss on the product or the hypebeast having to take a L when his/her 'investments' don't appreciate. Patience is key.

vood..... you do have a point.. 

I know when dudes were saying dont sleep on the Triple Black VIII v1 I was like "Really son?"

Then I got a pair.. and thought.. "these youngin wasnt lying" lol

Now I have 4 or 5 pairs lol.. 

I forget exactly... because everytime I see my size I snatch em up... 

My dude, the needless hyping up of GR kicks has been prevalent on NT for some time. This is an open forum that's gone steadily downhill in the past year. You just have to filter out the noise and carry on. It is highly plausible that some of the cats saying that you shouldn't sleep on the generic 'Black/Black' GR are Nike/JB employees.

Nevertheless, I think you might be alluding to that fact that sneakers which should be outlet bound are being copped at MSRP due to 'internet hype'. From my own experience, you can still get deals - whether it's the vendor taking a loss on the product or the hypebeast having to take a L when his/her 'investments' don't appreciate. Patience is key.

Honestly, I'm not saying that you shouldn't wait on things that you know will get marked down. There are several items that I'm in that stage with right now (97 Zoom Turfs, Huarache Trainer 94s) - that's fine. It's wise, as you imply.

But, when people say, don't "sleep," it's just a colloquialism. It doesn't necessarily mean, buy them for MSRP. It just means, that in that person's opinion, it's a dope shoe that isn't getting the sales activity they think it deserves, compared to other shoes.

If your plan is to wait out all the GRs and get all the ones you like for less than retail - and if that is feasible in your area - more power to you. I don't crap on anybody who buys both the GRs and limited releases they like. But, a lot of people claim to like a shoe, but only pick up the limited joints for triple MSRP, not being willing to drop retail on a GR they claim to like.

Honestly, I'm not saying that you shouldn't wait on things that you know will get marked down. There are several items that I'm in that stage with right now (97 Zoom Turfs, Huarache Trainer 94s) - that's fine. It's wise, as you imply.

But, when people say, don't "sleep," it's just a colloquialism. It doesn't necessarily mean, buy them for MSRP. It just means, that in that person's opinion, it's a dope shoe that isn't getting the sales activity they think it deserves, compared to other shoes.

If your plan is to wait out all the GRs and get all the ones you like for less than retail - and if that is feasible in your area - more power to you. I don't crap on anybody who buys both the GRs and limited releases they like. But, a lot of people claim to like a shoe, but only pick up the limited joints for triple MSRP, not being willing to drop retail on a GR they claim to like.
well put, honestly all this this stuff is jus people not clearly UNDERSTANDING wut ppl are tryn to say about shoes they like (i think lol), like a old lil wayne song, wuts understood aint gota b explained but u dont understand me so let me explain, F! ALL THE HYPEBEASTS MANE!! LOL 

Last edited:
Jeez...I'm lost...is homie actually getting mad because people are not waiting to get kicks at a discount???

Damn...first cats is judging dress code...now dudes is judging spending habits???

What the hell is happening here???

900x900px-LL-053a8981_duke.jpeg

literally fell over laughing when i saw this one...
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Jeez...I'm lost...is homie actually getting mad because people are not waiting to get kicks at a discount???

Damn...first cats is judging dress code...now dudes is judging spending habits???

What the hell is happening here???
^^lol

Things done changed sir.....

And not for the better round these parts...

vood..... you do have a point.. 

I know when dudes were saying dont sleep on the Triple Black VIII v1 I was like "Really son?"

Then I got a pair.. and thought.. "these youngin wasnt lying" lol

Now I have 4 or 5 pairs lol.. 

I forget exactly... because everytime I see my size I snatch em up... 
I agree.  Not to get to crazy off subject, I can remember lurking the lebron 8 threads where heads were being patient and selective mainly because of severe lack of colors on paying full retail for most pairs.  Heck most of the gr 8s went on sale for 100 and less because people were patient which I believe was very smart IMO.  It amazes me to see carbons nearly selling out when tripple black 8s(which are far better than carbons to me) were in outlets for $80(sweet deal I add).  

I agree.  Not to get to crazy off subject, I can remember lurking the lebron 8 threads where heads were being patient and selective mainly because of severe lack of colors on paying full retail for most pairs.  Heck most of the gr 8s went on sale for 100 and less because people were patient which I believe was very smart IMO.  It amazes me to see carbons nearly selling out when tripple black 8s(which are far better than carbons to me) were in outlets for $80(sweet deal I add).  

This. I wear my 8s as my black shoe I wear with khakis to work. I grabbed them from the outlets for like $50 on a random trip in there in the middle of the week. I was hoping to catch the black X's to replace them, but I see I am going to have to drop normal price $$ on them :smh:. For all that I will just get the Homes and/or Settings first like I plan to do for my casual wearing.

Anyone know why the Pure Platinum joints came off FTL release calendar?
ive talkd to ppl at corporate footlocker and they really dont know ish bro, they stll think the settings are releasing on the 23rd lol but from past experiences this wouldnt b the first time a listing on footlocker release calender disappeared from the listings for a day or two and popped back up a day or two b4 the release date (on the same date listed) so i still expect the "Willy Wonka Nightmare"(IMO) to still release on the 23rd but im startn to think it might only b kids sizes but in this pic it looks like a mens size so idk

My lil bro is deciding on volts or settings but he wants the volts so bad but doesnt hace anything to match with them so I think he'll still pick them but he wants to try stock locating Christmas first.

My lil bro is deciding on volts or settings but he wants the volts so bad but doesnt hace anything to match with them so I think he'll still pick them but he wants to try stock locating Christmas first.
they got the xmas at footlockers by me, try stock locating them because if they search correctly they should find them fam

just pulled the trigger on the volts, if anyone wears a 9.5, 10 or 10.5 and wants them for under retail pm me and I can point you in the right direction.

Maybe it's just me, but I like volt kicks with red/black clothes and it goes even better with royal blue..

Back
Top Bottom