Official Lebron X Thread Vol. Early Bird

Status
Not open for further replies.
First off the lebron line lookin way too similar and bland these days. LBJ X could pass off as a shoe they would have made Amare back then. :x But of course people will still buy these. :smh:
here's some more renderings of possible color blocking options; I'll come up with more later got tired:

EDIT: Added more

I need to see these in a Navy upper, Gold swoosh, White mid-sole, Gum rubber bottom, white w/ tan laces... now that is a colorway that I would buy!

Last edited:
gonna have to pistol pete pass on these if they stay like that. IMO def not worthy of $180...guess I'll have to get more 8s n 9s >D

i loved the IX's when i saw the first pics of them but i am def not getting that same feeling from the X's. those floridian ones look nice but i don't think ill pick them up even if they are limited. i don't think colors on these or a limited tag will make me want to purchase any.

Can we expect better colorways with this shoe? Also will there be a 3 peat with the southbeach cw?

Those are the "Floridian" colorway releasing this November 2nd at UNKWN via Twitter raffle
and overseas as well in limited quantities.
why why WHHHHHHHHHYYYYYY!!!!!!?????

can nike just release these a GR dont see the point in making them limited they did use jersey a bit of few times

they released great GRs with the VII and IX

can nike just release these a GR dont see the point in making them limited they did use jersey a bit of few times

The general public would not pay $180 for that colourway - from a marketing perspective it only makes sense to make it limited and generate hype.

Seriously. They REALLY need to start making basketball shoes less functional for the players :smh:
Why can't they just think about how bad we wanna stunt when they design these shoes? :'(
Eh.. :smh:

:smh: I know what i'm talking about bro. i'm sure hyperfuse is gonna be used for the next however many years until they make a even lighter and strong material and that's good for the athletes but from a aesthetic standpoint i'm sure everybody would agree with me that suede/leather > some plastic. idk maybe they can start a lifestyle line or something and try out with different materials and if that gets people to buy more of these shoes I BET YOU NIKE WILL MOST DEF HOP ON THAT. But that's just my wishful thinking. :D

That's the thing though its not just an aesthetic issue. In terms of performance leather works better then most (not all) of the synthetic uppers that Nike puts out IMO. Sure a plastic shoe may be a few ounces lighter and slightly more breathable but these are things I can't really notice when the shoes actually on foot. I'd much rather have a quality durable leather/suede that I can crease and break in on my basketball shoe. That's just me.

PS: Seems like Nike is continuing the lighter = better trend for all their shoes. I kind of wish they would stray away from this on their main sig and leave the synthetics, cable flywire, ect. for the team bank shoes.

Last edited:
Not feeling these yet.

I was a huge fan of the 8's and 9's after the first pictures came out.

We'll see

Man the Floridians CW would be butter if the base was Metallic/Platinum/Pewter like the 8 v3 Dunkmans or the Crimson Foams

I can only ask that the final version is a somewhat reflective Anthracite or shiny Cool Grey like the MN 9's

But who am I kidding they're going to come out like that, and limited too so there will be no time for me to make up my mind in person

was trollin' bro. I'm just kidding. Obviously people hate on em but if they released in limited
quantities it will suddenly "grow" on them.

That's the thing though its not just an aesthetic issue. In terms of performance leather works better then most (not all) of the synthetic uppers that Nike puts out IMO. Sure a plastic shoe may be a few ounces lighter and slightly more breathable but these are things I can't really notice when the shoes actually on foot. I'd much rather have a quality durable leather/suede that I can crease and break in on my basketball shoe. That's just me.
PS: Seems like Nike is continuing the lighter = better trend for all their shoes. I kind of wish they would stray away from this on their main sig and leave the synthetics, cable flywire, ect. for the team bank shoes.

My dude, it's not just Nike going hard with the synthetics and plastics. Adidas, Under Armour and Reebok are going hard with those materials too. The problem lies with the fact that there's only really one manufacturer in China - Pou Chen group. From a pure cost savings perspective it only makes sense for them to run one type of material across the board - in this case the synthetics.

I really miss full grain leather on my kicks and I suppose the only way to let Nike, Adidas et al know we want it back is by not buying their current product.

So its gonna be zoom AND 360 air max - sounds good so far. design isnt new but if its not broke dont fix it...

I got an argument with someone over this yesterday. Its zoom max. But the zoom is just exposed so its visible. No air max at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom