OFFICIAL LOS ANGELES CLIPPERS 2023-2024 SEASON THREAD

CJ Williams called up for tonight, he has one day left after tonight

Ty Wallace's days are done, and has to be converted in order to play again for us.

At least initially, I have no idea what the logic is with not keeping Ty Wallace for the rest of the season.

At least initially, I have no idea what the logic is with not keeping Ty Wallace for the rest of the season.

Same. Seemed like a no-brainer. Must be some things that went on that we don’t know about.

Also, got us taking the L tonight. 1st game back home after a long roadie is always tough and Rox gonna be extra motivated to beat us.

Damn man. Blake and Chris Paul really were the reason we cried all the time huh? This team never gives up. We don't get down on ourselves. Don't cry to the refs every play. Houston is way better than us and last season we lose a game like this by 30+ We battled back tonight doe. Next two are must wins.

m

I don't think he plays again this season. Serious.

You might be right about Gallo. Saw something that said his hand hasn’t improved at all. If misses significant time, with Ty no longer eligible to play for us, we just might not have enough to keep pace with the other West teams contending for the last few playoff spots. But I do know this team will give it a hell of an effort, regardless of who’s on the court...

Reactions: HIM
Good win last night after a lackluster first half. Need to take care of all business against bad teams.

Doc says that they’re going to make a decision on CJ or Ty.

It’s a no brained with Ty Wallace.

Avery, Gallo, Jawun, Pat, we need Ty Wallace. Plus he’s young enough to fit our timeline

Ty apparently turned down our offer for a 4 year deal...☹️

Yeah he better had. That's a crazy deal. 3 of those years Non Guaranteed. Sheesh.

Between Sin, Jawun, incoming lotto pick(s), it's unlikely that the Clips are going to match anything w/Ty in FA either.

^^^ only one year guaranteed?!! LOL. Then it’s not really a 4 year deal. Don’t blame him at all for passing

No Ty Wallace deal. Both sides couldn’t agree. Weird, but we’ll see what happens.

No Ty Wallace deal. Both sides couldn’t agree. Weird, but we’ll see what happens.

My thinking is that LAC didn't want to pay a repeaters tax, and that limited the kind of deal they could offer Ty for this season.

However, It's important to note that the Clips still own his rights this summer, and depending on what kind of deal he gets, the Clippers may decide to revisit Ty this summer and match whatever deal he gets.

But, w/ prospects on the team already and probably two lotto picks incoming, along with guys picking up their PO's, I doubt they'll seriously entertain Ty Wallace this summer.

My old *** fell asleep during halftime. Woke up and the game was tied in the 4th.

Austin doe :pimp:
DJ's FTs :pimp: :pimp:

Hearing Ralph mention that Doc told AR to work on his FTs this offseason....if he really took it seriously this summer there is no reason he shouldn't be 75+ from the line. His FTs have hurt us so mamy times. You can't be a poort FT shooting guard

My old *** fell asleep during halftime. Woke up and the game was tied in the 4th.

Austin doe :pimp:
DJ's FTs :pimp: :pimp:

Hearing Ralph mention that Doc told AR to work on his FTs this offseason....if he really took it seriously this summer there is no reason he shouldn't be 75+ from the line. His FTs have hurt us so mamy times. You can't be a poort FT shooting guard

Doc said that? Good. He's left so many points on the board over the years at the FT line. Insane. He's too good of a shooter to be that bad at the line.

Reactions: HIM
Doc said that? Good. He's left so many points on the board over the years at the FT line. Insane. He's too good of a shooter to be that bad at the line.

Ralph said it during the telecast. Said Doc told Austin it's the main thing he should work on this summer.

They also said Austin himself said he finally had to be real with himself and realize he was trash :lol: Once he realized that he started working on his game more diligently and I think we can all agree it's helped. If he can become a good finisher at the rim and an 80% FT shooter he's an all star. That's an easy 20 ppg minimum. For now, I'll settle for FT shooting doe :lol:

I feel really good about the Pels game. Odds ar win our favor. They're due for a loss and we're playing at home after a day off. Huge game, obviously.

Down 20 and came back and should have won. What a team.

Lou has saved us 20 or so times this season. Imma let this one slide :lol:

So,

I haven't thought LAC was making the playoffs all season, but they got some big help tonight from Houston and Dallas. Basically it almost like this game wasn't played which is good.

However, if the Clippers are seriously about making the playoffs, they have to cut off the bull**** and sign Ty Wallace. They miss him badly. From having to start Wejo, to having to extend Lou Will's minutes, playing / starting Milos, it's a trickle down effect. Their defense is seriously suffering because of his absence. This would be bad if they were healthy, but it makes no sense now that they're hurt.

And the worse part is, is that they have absolute power over this situation. If the Clips say "We're converting Ty to an end of season deal" Wallace has no choice but to be a Clipper for the end of the season. He's going to be a RFA this summer anyway, just pick up the contract negotiations w/him this summer.

Saw it on twitter, but the only plausible reason(s) for this are because 1) The Clips want two lotto picks in June and / or 2) They don't want his value to raise anymore than it already is. Either way, they need Ty badly.

The buyout market is dry, impact good players aren't there.

So it's not like you can replace them if you don't convert them.

Really thought we were going to pull the game last night out when we went up by 4 late in the 4th, but bad shot selection and AD’s unstoppability did us in after that. Nice come back though. Still, can’t afford sluggish starts against teams that need to win as bad as we do.

And I agree with PCH that the last couple games we’ve really missed Ty...and Bradley...and Jawun or basically any of our guards that are competent defenders besides Austin...

Back
Top Bottom